Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

So those of you playing along at home might recall that I've been quasi-homeless for the last couple years. Couch-surfing, living in a camper with no utilities on a farm, sleeping in a storage unit during high summer in SE US, finally made my way up to the big leagues and was living in a meth motel until a few months ago. All the while, I couldn't get food stamps because living the US means "well if you don't have a paystub to show how broke you are, or a permanent address, we can't approve you" when NO poo poo I DON'T HAVE A PAYSTUB OR A HOME, THAT'S WHY I'M APPLYING FOR FOOD STAMPS AND FURTHERMORE ---

Ahem. Well. I would just like to draw your attention to this thread in GBS, which obviously hits close to home for me, because it's folks donating to food banks, which I relied heavily on in those dark times. That CHICKENCHEESE tag I sport? Made from food bank stuff. I'm putting in when I get paid on Friday.

Please
check out

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956691

Donate, and you'll probably get a sweet gang tag! Any creative folks, feel free to come up with one, it's not been designed yet.

Thanks for your time and courtesy, y'all.

edit: come to think of it, my Mayo Duke tag was also the product of food banks

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Jan 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU