Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

by the way, the default OST wore out on me fast, so here is a Synthwave from Space spotify playlist that I found, imho matches the game rather well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
in case you don't know, you _can_ put fluid into storage boxes then transfer it out tanks

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
this game needs a dumping car batteries into the ocean mod.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Good game. I've been playing it a bit at a time between Factorio (Industrial Revolution 2) and attempting to dig through 100 open tabs of Rimworld mods. It's definitely looking like it's... at a better STARTING PLACE than Factorio was when I bought IT so many years ago. So that's at least a plus. Very, very playable right now!

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Ciaphas posted:

I could seriously watch and take pictures like this all day :allears:

Nice shot :angel:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Good game. I've been playing it a bit at a time between Factorio (Industrial Revolution 2) and attempting to dig through 100 open tabs of Rimworld mods. It's definitely looking like it's... at a better STARTING PLACE than Factorio was when I bought IT so many years ago. So that's at least a plus. Very, very playable right now!

actually loving playable by too much, just breezed an hour here

btw guyse there is no way to link belts in different levels, right? I have to plan the conveyor in advance?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Han Nehi posted:

Nice shot :angel:

Still trying to work out when/if the orbital inclination of my dyson swarm(s) particularly matters. As in the screen mine are at 90deg, but I have no idea if that's good or bad or what

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I've always had a nerd fetish for Dyson Spheres, so this game looks intriguing, but as you are constructing the sphere, do you actually destroy the planets? I get that you can run out of iron veins etc, but eventually you need so much material to construct one that the planets should be consumed as well, essentially eliminating the very ground your factories are on. Does that happen in the game?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Not as of yet.

Edit: My first Dyson Sphere part is away!

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 25, 2021

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I have a little over an hour left before work...

I think I'm gonna make an executive decision to NOT touch the digital crack and just chill.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How much production do you all tend to target for on the matrices? My yellow is going so slowly I want to just start a new file and do it all right and properly ratioed this time

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Efficiency ratios are for suckers. Just wing it!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

but my useless and actively detrimental perfectionism!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A big difference between this and factorio is you can basically route conveyors over any obstacle if you make them tall enough, so if you build something too small just route the inputs and outputs out and plug them into extras.

Just say "ehh, gently caress it"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My ratios are "build the things and when there are no more things on the belt build more of the things until the belt is full of things again"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Has anyone found a way to take directly from a building without opening it up?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

explosivo posted:

My ratios are "build the things and when there are no more things on the belt build more of the things until the belt is full of things again"

Same. It's not enough till the factories don't have to run all the time

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Diogines posted:

Has anyone found a way to take directly from a building without opening it up?

Not sure if you can.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Oh also felt I should add a warning about the logistics system/drones in this game. They straight up prioritize distance over anything else.

When I got my Dyson Rocket system all set up in the morning I walked away and took a shower to let it work, only for my base to start having massive brown outs while I was AFK. See, one of the components of the rockets was the sails I set up a factory for them requesting the graphene and photon-y thingies which happened to be closer to their suppliers than the small factories I had set up on either pole for the solar artillery bases. This had been going on for a while even before I walked away, but when I came back I'd lost about 120 MW from my Dyson Swarm and the actual Sphere is in it's baby stages and only producing a tiny amount (even if it's a permanent amount). So yeah, be careful with that poo poo. I'd started to fix stuff (setting up the poles to accept actually built solar sails, working on my power) but it's gonna be a while before my main base is back online again.

Also once I do move on from sky artillery I think the poles and the way bases produced there make rings means they'd be an excellent place to put Fractionators and make giant Deuterium Centrifuges.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Hit the point where the main tree now needs T5 science, but with my T3 and T4 production lines still inefficient, my main planet occasionally browning out because energy consumption of the reliable deuterium/strange matter producers is high compared to the rest of my energy needs, and the T5 chain entirely needs to be built from scratch it's starting to feel like a daunting endeavor.

I'm probably gonna give up on #1 because they're at least good enough, move #2 to my second planet since it's been less of a pain to keep energy supplied and #3 is just a matter of sucking it up and starting a new production line from scratch back on the home planet (although half can be done on the second planet as part of #2), but with a better eye towards efficiency this time than previous chains.

The mental image of cobbling the vertical lander with your robot and a box of scraps is pretty funny.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 26, 2021

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im now building a secondary factory in my second system and may have forgotten to bring warp fuel with me . :negative:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Im now building a secondary factory in my second system and may have forgotten to bring warp fuel with me . :negative:

load that save!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im hours into building this factory.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Im hours into building this factory.

:negative:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Look at it this way, you don't have to pay for research to get some more warp field :)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This game is stupidly gorgeous.

I'm just now breaking into Yellow science blocks and the spaghettification is real.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Just found out F11 hides the UI/mech and spent way too much time taking screenshots of stuff

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

echoing that this game is so loving pretty. I can't wait to get to stars with other colors.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Just wing it!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This is the content I came here for.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I found a mushroom planet loaded with organic crystals and a water world. My factory is a huge mess and I want to start over, but I've gone to far now.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
That's the beauty of the game, just mail whatever you want to wherever you want your home planet to be. I lucked out with a titanium/silicon lava world and it's become my main manufacturer of basically all physical goods that don't require oil. And now that I've got a gas giant exploited i'm also making graphene there and mailing plastic from my starter planet to lava world to make purple science. Starter planet is now the hub for research and anything using various intermediate oil products like hydrogen, acid, etc. It still has some iron and copper manufacturing to maintain the odds and ends you need but actual heavy production is happening elsewhere

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 26, 2021

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
So I was rearranging my new solar accumulators for better solar panel density, and realized that removing fully charged accumulators literally gives a fully charged accumulator. No charge vanishing into the ether like in Factorio. Love this game.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Basically I think I need to redesign research but that can wait. Coal and oil need a redesign and I need to move some stuff off world. Is it possible to make goal infinitely from oil? I might make a loop for that

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how the dyson swarm should be used: I don't want to constantly reposition my cannons, especially since I'll need to refill each orbit when they start to wear out, should I just build, like, one swarm factory and cannon per planet and leave 'em each dialed into their own orbit?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I've been splitting my mine up into four orbits. They never get saturated before they expire. I am finding I need more though because I'm slamming head first into energy issues.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I have 9 cannons on the light side of a tidally locked planet shooting into 9 different orbits

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Is there anything that says a planet is tidally locked out you just noticed it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ambaire posted:

So I was rearranging my new solar accumulators for better solar panel density, and realized that removing fully charged accumulators literally gives a fully charged accumulator. No charge vanishing into the ether like in Factorio. Love this game.

That's because those full and empty accumulators are what the interplanetary power transfer thingamajigs eat up/spit out to suck up/transmit power

In other words we're literally sneakernetting electricity lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got the start of a nice swarm going tonight, I can't get over how awesome it is seeing your cannons shelling the goddamn sun while you're out and about. I went to the nearby planet to get a load of titanium and seeing my home planet shooting at the sun from 1LY away is just so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Krataar posted:

Is there anything that says a planet is tidally locked out you just noticed it

Tidally Locked planets have a little "Tidally Locked" note next to the Planet name.

E: Haha I just checked and the note actually says "Tidal Locking Perpetual Day and Night." I love this English translation. :allears:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 26, 2021