Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JUNGLE BOY VS FTR MAN 58 71.60%
Britt vs The National Front Disco 2 2.47%
Eddie vs Archer 7 8.64%
Bullet Club vs Dark Order 14 17.28%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/riho_gtmv/status/1354630994637299720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think building anticipation for it by announcing it as the first match of the tournament was the way to go, but they could've put a bigger deal behind it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Watching on the west coast, seems they fixed the broadcast. Archer vs Eddie is very much my poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

It wasn't a broadcast issue - it was a TNT app issue.

I heard there were issues with YouTube TV too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Darby is a bad influence on Sting!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That episode was great. Kenny sold the paradigm shift like death.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bucks win the battle royale, challenge G.o.D

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I am only aware of GoD by reputation, but I’ll take that over the Good Brothers.

Bucks’ll probably swerve us all and choose MCMG instead.

Oh gently caress, that's the best option.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tony moved Revolution to March so the Bucks can challenge Moonlight Express.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I know it's not landing as well for anyone else but I'm really into Sting being the dad who's son is into some real goth poo poo and he's trying desperately to fit in, but he's still a super nice dude.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Listening to the Amanda Huber Unrestricted. Brodie Jr. wanted to go as Orange Cassidy for Halloween, she didn't want him to because "nobody knows who he is", one of the last things Jon/Brodie said was "buy him a loving denim jacket"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hook

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Hook has such great dirtbag energy.

He dresses like a lovely youtube influencer and it's perfect.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW is dads

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kind of a surprising drop. The technical difficulties probably didn't help at all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

duckdealer posted:

That’s weird. Any explanation for AEW’s drop?

Quarterlies probably would be the explanation. They could've started strong and dropped like a stone from the technical difficulties.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

Technical difficulties were online and streaming only wasn't it? I didn't have any problems on cable. Would that factor into these numbers?

Some streaming services are counted in Nielsen's numbers, I think. Including the TNT app.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 28, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They probably have the numbers to back up the opposite take but I feel like they should hype up the taped shows more. They knew and everyone who saw it knew that Dax vs. Jungle Boy was something special, they should've just dropped the allusion to it being a live show and had people hype it up publicly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

There was talk before the show that the match was great. Some of the wrestler on twitter and Dave commented he'd been told it was great.

That was more a dirtsheets thing though. I remember back when the Parking Lot fight happened a bunch of AEW personnel on twitter made allusions to it being fantastic. Then it feels like they kinda clamped down on people hinting towards things that happened on a taped episode.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1354909536574959620

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It was basically a carny (said lovingly) viking funeral so that tracks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

On her instagram she's also mentioned that Brodie Jr. is seeing a therapist, so I'd imagine if that therapist decided that ultimately all the things he was doing with AEW weren't mentally healthy for him, he'd step back from them.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Chuck can't say poo poo on TNT, they can't show the bachelor party.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Every feud the Best Friends get in is some lighthearted b-movie poo poo and I'm all for it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope we get another hoodlum segment next week. Maybe Darby will teach Sting how to do graffitis!

Bring back Sue's van, except its Sting dropping Darby off.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That feels like a big deal.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DuhSal posted:

we know mox has it in his contract he can work njpw, we don't know if any njpw wrestlers can appear on aew tv. so nothing has changed really.

Mox isn't allowed to work NJPW in the US.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

This is the assumption given that he didn't work the US date for G1 2019. I haven't seen any confirmation that there's an actual ban on U.S. NJPW matches in his contract.

Everyone has been pretty specific that he can only wrestle for New Japan *in* Japan.

Mox himself:

quote:

“Fortunately, there is no problem in fighting in New Japan while belonging to an American organization (AEW). In the future, I can always show up in Japan and play games.”

Harold Meij:

quote:

“Regarding Moxley, New Japan Pro Wrestling's agreement with Jon Moxley was made independently of All Elite Wrestling,” Meij stated via email while confirming Moxley’s deal with the company is for “multiple” dates. “NJPW and Moxley came to terms on the agreement well before he signed with AEW and our understanding is that even now he is free to wrestle in Japan with us independently of his AEW commitments.”

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Isn’t Strong filmed in LA?

It is, yeah, which is why Tony would've had to make an exception for him to do this angle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1355386990695489537

It looks like the new gods haven't lost their souls yet. I was impressed. Are you lonely in the kingdom after I left for you? What should I do to destroy it? Let's take my hand and create a new kingdom together.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I want to see the Penta mirror spot but with Ishii and Taz.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

shiksa posted:

yeah, exactly, we went from THE HAND SIGN, THE FAMOUS HAND SIGN to "the band" to bizz clizz to "kenny omega and the good brothers and the young bucks are The Bullet Club" in a matter of weeks and that def means something.

Part of me wonders if that's part of THE WORK, to be honest.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

they should 100% bring in aiden english to sing at the wedding

He seems pretty mad about being typecast as a singer so I wouldn't expect that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1355984882359554051

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The day Hook and Wardlow face off for the AEW World title is the day AEW has made it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/KBW_KAGE/status/1356425940482617346

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I have no clue if its leading to something major but I'm enjoying the ride.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

This "Chuck is a butler" thing has really been a bust, huh? I don't know if they were planning for a longer story with this or whether it would have been Trent in Chuck's place had he not been injured, but it feels very underbaked. It feels like they've only had 2 weeks of TV to really grind Chuck down with it, and he's supposedly free after the wedding (right?), and it just all feels kind of flat. I don't think you want this kind of thing running for 6 months or anything, but there could probably have been some middle ground where it felt more substantial.

Miro might've given away the angle on his twitch, he said Charles is still his butler after the wedding.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm most interested in the Tag Team Battle Royale. I think they're doing Sammy vs. MJF at Revolution so I don't really see either of those teams winning (Or Santana and Ortiz, unless they just decide that this is where the Inner Circle completely implodes).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Top Flight wins and Good Brothers try to put them out of action as an unwanted favor for the Bucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Right now I think Bucks win it and challenge the Good Brothers. On NO SURRENDER, Private Party wins the belts off of Good Brothers. Revolution has the Good Brothers win the belt due to Matt Hardy interference. Matt's main goal here is that PP are champs on a third party so he makes even more money. PP get a decently long run of a few months while the Good Brothers' run is cut short by... idk, let's say Dark Order at the next PPV.
Matt throughout this is also trying to get Hangman to join his faction, says that the bucks didn't deserve those belts.

I feel like the Bucks winning and challenging the Good Brothers is too obvious, but they've made the obvious play work before, so who knows.