Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Do you have a compliance department? the only thing I can think of is letting them know, because when I was in the hospital environment they were scared shitless of being found noncompliant, because holy $$$ Batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I had this happen when I first got into safety. I was working at an urgent care making like 12.50 an hour, without even hitting 40 so they were paying me like 25k. One of their clients poached me away for 44 an hour with hefty overtime, so it was like a 125k raise. The urgent care said if it was about money they could give me a raise! …of a dollar an hour.

lmao when I was looking into transferring to the IT dept my boss was like "if I get you a dollar more an hour will you stay"

binch maybe if you gave me the training and tools for my current job here I would've thought about it but no, playing president of some org on company time and having me do 80% of your job in addition to my own was more important to you

god quitting that place felt SO GOOD (covid hit and there was a hiring freeze, and she refused to let me stay wfh)

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cheesus posted:

After a particularly bad two year transition, our CTO sent out a survey that was surprisingly open and seemed to suggest an acceptance of issues that had been brought up to him in that period and never acknowledged, let alone addressed.

"Wow maybe he's really come to an acceptance and actually going to work on these issues." And so we honestly answered.

Turns out he was only interested in a "yes" response to the single question "would you like to manage others". He couldn't help revealing this in an all hands meeting and scoffing "So lots of you want to be technical leads but you don't want to manage anyone. Yeah that makes sense."

lmao they never care and are never honest

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

My work always nags us about booking Christmas leave, even though the stated cutoff to have it submitted is usually sometime in mid-November.

This year I got the nag email today. "I know it’s July but it’s also worth getting your AL + Bonus Leave requests in as early as possible too."

Why is it worth booking my leave as early as possible? It isn't! It doesn't benefit me in any way to book it so early!

one of the places I worked at had it set where if you had a vacation booked it would deduct the hours from your PTO right then, despite the fact we accrued it per pay period

if you had something booked and got sick and you didn't have enough in your bank guess what got cancelled to "cover" your absence!

guess how many vacations I got to take being immune compromised and having an older coworker who had grandkids over all time to her place and couldn't cover her mouth coughing to save her life

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
We need butt wipers and we need people designing and maintaining the chain of supply of wipes to said butt wipers, the true enemy is capitalistic parasites who drain us out of our labor and life

now for content

I worked for a hospital who installed a very pricy EHR and then got bought by another health conglomerate who used a different EHR. We got moved from our nice office to a "renovated" warehouse out by the airport. Toilets didn't work, the air ducts were never cleaned and it was basically set up like a call center with rows of desks, no personal effects allowed.

There was a large metal staircase going up to the second floor. Monsoon season came, and lightning hit the building, the staircase lit up and there were several people injured and computers fried. When we asked if we could work from home while there were repairs made we got told it wasn't possible, but strangely enough the consultants could work from their hotel.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
I heard from an old coworker that the person my boss shoved into my position when I left due to WFH being rescinded for the whole dept is quitting because she doesn't want to get the vaccine, and HER boss is asking her why she needs two leads anyhow. This is funny to me for two reasons:

1. My boss was super excited when we hired this person because she agreed to get certified in the organization boss was president of, and thought she could somehow take over all of the stuff I was doing.

2. The fact her boss is asking her why she needs 2 leads tells me she couldn't get past HR to put her in the analyst position, which she had converted a lead position into for the purposes of me basically doing 80% of her job in addition to my own.

Also before I left (6/2020) I set up the line count reporting spreadsheets for the chart auditing through the end of 2021 as a courtesy. Boss refused to make time to learn how to do it.

She's made a lot of noise about how she engineered the whole process.

tick tock :unsmigghh:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Azuth0667 posted:

Make sure to share the schadenfreude with us when it happens.

Update! Coworker got back to me, the three other people in the dept that I told boss could probably learn what I did have all left. The sad thing is, when a transcription department loses people like this, the beancounters start making noise about just outsourcing all of it since the current staff can't keep up and wind up outsourcing the overflow to keep up with turnaround time.

Coworker was also asked if she wanted to learn the lead stuff and she refused, haha

I feel bad for the other staff as they are mostly older women who are single and this was their whole career, but the writing was on the wall for quite some time.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sloppy posted:

At a previous firm I had an incredibly brilliant (in our field) yet also insane and toxic coworker with serious anger issues (and he was an Alex Jones Kool-Aid conspiracy theorist). His unstable and explosive personality made my life hell for three years until I amassed enough experience to quit and join my dream firm in town.

I quickly made my way up to highly treasured employee there and when my former coworker applied a few years later (probably assuming he had an in because he knew me) I told my boss that I would not under any circumstances work with that guy again. Felt loving great.

Hah! At a hospital I worked for, the pathology transcriptionist was always late, always drunk. He'd bring in his "coffee" in a huge styrofoam cup. His quality of work was getting worse and worse, and he eventually got kicked out of his office in pathology and back in with the rest of the transcriptionists, still doing the work He went full high catty bitch after this, and I would have to fix his gently caress ups, because our lovely "manager" was previously the admin assistant to the department and had no real managerial experience and no idea of conflict resolution. Anyhow, he started showing up to work, swiping his badge in the entrance lobby, and then just... leaving. It was random if he'd remember to come back and swipe back out for the day. It took MONTHS for the hospital to shitcan him, probably out of fear of a discrimination lawsuit (dude was gay, and very loudly insinuated it was discrimination every time he got asked to do anything).

So when the managers at the next two places I worked for asked me about his name on resumes, the look of horror on my face was all it took to get him binned. gently caress you, dude.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lazyfire posted:

My company started the vaccine mandate roll out yesterday and in true megacorp fashion they hosed up the link and no one could log in to certify their vaccination status. They fixed it and I was able to upload my card and everything without any trouble this morning. I didn't realize it at first, but there's almost no time to register; you need to submit something by October 15th and be fully vaccinated before the end of the year. All new employees starting after November 15 have to be fully vaccinated. This is all with full remote work being an option for office employees in perpetuity as it's been wildly popular, though some managers have required on site work for their people at least once a week.

Apparently the mandate is also going to apply to our contractors, so this morning we had our first vaccine rage quit when our part time project manager announced he was retiring rather than getting vaccinated. He will not be missed.

lol my partner's in the heat and fuel delivery business and two major contractors just stated they aren't letting anyone on site who hasn't been vaxxed

I wonder what the drivers unions who have been content to be antivaxx are gonna do

(this is in BC)

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
One of the hospitals I worked at did Medicare fraud and as part of the settlement, everyone, down to housekeeping, had to do dumb computer based training things on ethics for like, five years.

It was multiple choice, so I wrote down and made up a packet with the answers, which to my great amusement did not change the next year. Or the year after that. My packet was very popular.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rockman Reserve posted:

all of you loving nerds with your shell scripts and stuff, just set your mouse on the face of an analogue watch, like why the hell are you making this poo poo so complicated lol

it's easy to forget to place it and get bitched at, a script is set n forget

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

mkvltra posted:

Last week I learned one of the welders assaulted one of the software engineers a few years ago. Software guy ends up laying the welder out, welder's attack was easily parried + riposted. Both of them still work here.

There's also this weird poorly-repaired patch of drywall downstairs from my office in our building. I learned last week that this damage was caused because my current boss was "thrown" into the wall by an unnamed assailant, who apparently also still works here.

I have my last round of interviews for an insanely good job tomorrow afternoon. I could be getting a life-changing job offer as early as tomorrow evening.

:f5: for that good news goon!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Have a blessed day.

An obstetrician I used to do transcription for would always end her dictations with this and it was really nice to hear someone acknowledge that there was a human typing it

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I used to do a lot of phone work and it was creepy how in a lot of the country it is just assumed everyone is Christian and they have their own weird little catchphrases. Every time I heard it I would picture Brian Blessed bellowing and it made it a little more tolerable.

When the hospital went to front-end voice recognition that doctor was stuck in the habit and a looooot of her stuff had that "blessed day" at the end of notes, kinda lol

re: catchphrases I always just took such things to mean well-intentioned wishes for good fortune and left any cheezus crispy stuff outside my mental door :shrug:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Heal your resume and go somewhere else for more money

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

stinch posted:

i hate task lists in Excel. they always end up as an impenetrable mass of text with 10 different cell colours for different things. they only really work if one person is updating it and it's their primary focus.

though the worst tasks task management idea was when a manager from another department complained about my rate of progress and kept insisting all tasks got scheduled in outlook. yeah, ok I'll just create events for the 80 items in my task tracker and spend half my time rescheduling them. that will for sure speed up progress.

My last boss was fond of offhandedly asking me to do something either in person or via email and then asking near constantly what the status was. The only form of tracking she could grasp was Outlook tasks. It stopped the nagging but she really wasn't happy when I could pull up exact documentation of when something got finished along with file location on a shared drive because she couldn't poo poo on me anymore and say I didn't do something because she "lost" the email the file was attached to.

A coworker texted me telling me how poo poo everything is and how old boss can't find anyone and has to try to hire out of state. Transcription is a very small field in my old town and everyone knows each other which tells me Word Has Gotten Around and nobody wants to deal with it.

:sickos:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Lol, my ex boss refused to give me any kind of official training in our incredibly niche software stating it wasn't ever in the budget, but had plenty of money to do poo poo like buy admission for people to e-conventions of the organization she was president of (the people attended from home and got paid to do so, there was no follow up or anything so I'm pretty sure they got paid to gently caress off for 8 hours x3 days)

She then switched to denying me because I was dating a Canadian guy, saying I was just going to leave anyway so why bother? Welp guess she was right because I just lost any motivation for the job, last straw was her pretending covid wasn't a thing and wanting me in the office despite rising cases and a proven ability to work from home. I did move to Canada and am getting married next month, I hope it's cold comfort to her that she was right as she tries to figure out how to extend out spreadsheets that are critical that expire end of this year... that she was too busy to learn how to do and refused to read any documentation I made

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sonic Dude posted:

I regret to inform you that she is currently blaming you to anyone who will listen for the spreadsheet not working in whatever way she currently imagines it ought to.

One is to make a 3 hr long manual payroll determination process take 10 minutes instead and the others tie into the program she dreamed up, that I created for her, that she's taken all of the credit for to the suits. She's already told anyone who will listen that she did it all herself, and in a few weeks will just... not work, or give bad data because the dates and references will no longer be correct

:laugh:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nobody wants to read a wall of text describing what large corporations need to change in order to be successfully agile.

If people ask I can post some bullet points and maybe a couple funny stories but otherwise I'm going to mostly lurk.

Funny stories please! :allears: :hf: :f5:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Are you working for healthcare by any chance? Every time I gave two weeks, they hosed with me hard; one time my badge wouldn't let me back in the same day I gave notice and I had to borrow a co-workers to go to the bathroom up until I left

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Ah yes I recall when my boss got in the poo poo for clicking those and then told me it was my job to tell her if they were "safe"

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

Some more dumb poo poo from my son's employer. Their automatic timekeeping system is down so employees are getting paid for their base shifts and now have to file for the extra hours worked during the 12 hour shifts for Christmas shutdown/maintenance.
Those hours won't be paid until two weeks after they'd normally show up.

I told him to submit tips to the federal Dept of Labor and Oregon DOL. Does anyone have any experience with this?

On top of all that, the employer isn't officially announcing it so people who don't know will be waiting even longer. What the gently caress.

This happened to my friend in OK, they are getting boned on holiday pay, and there's thirty different emails circulating on how to document and put in for your time and they're all slightly different processes!

also lol no they didn't get their pay correct

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
It was part of my job to make sure we had up to date standard work for our processes... The staff doing the work loved it, my manager however refused to read them and would either ask me to do it for her or demand hand holding

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
When I resigned, my boss was out of the office, so I left all my at home equipment and badge in her office (took a picture) along with a signed copy of the resignation letter that I emailed to her, her boss, my personal email and HR with the picture attached

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
The last place I was at, at 10+ years you'd get about 12 hours PTO a pay period. Anyone who stuck around in the department that long just... didn't want to take vacation, and the hospital used to pay out pto in excess of 200 hours at your normal hourly rate. Then they decided the cap was 120 hours and henceforth anything over was paid out at 75 cents on the dollar in order to "encourage" taking it. It was a poo poo show because we'd have people who knew the most and were the best at their jobs taking a solid month so they'd get paid out at their full hourly, or HR yelling at my manager about overages, who then bitched endlessly to me about how they have to fill out paperwork each pay period and get the employee to physically come in and sign it (they all worked from home, were largely 60+ and good forbid the hospital do an Adobe signature thing) so they would get their 12 hours paid at 75% tacked on to every check.

They also removed PTO donation. :v:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
My wfh users (transcriptionists) had to have a separate computer for the radiology work they were doing, and they'd jump back and forth between that and acute care. I had them set up on a kvm switch and had the monitors set up so they could see the patient's chart for acute care to reference while doing the radiology. However, I couldn't remove or change the five minute screensaver kicking in on the acute care machines, which was a hassle for my users. So, I installed a nifty program called Caffeine that sent F15 every two or so minutes. Worked like a charm, my users loved me and I never told my micromanaging boss that it kept them as showing as "away" as a happy side effect

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

CarForumPoster posted:

You undermined physical security controls on medical data. If you're in the US handling and ePHI data, you may have hosed up and broke the law 45 CFR § 164.312(a)(2)(iii), specifically.

If your company bills medicare and medicaid for the services provided using these machines, and contracts with them attest to meeting those cybersecurity requirements, then requests for payment since you made those changes could now be False Claims and subject to triple damages + minimum $5500 fine for each claim for payment. I am not your lawyer but if you're in the US handling ePHI data, you should undo that poo poo immediately and self report.

And also not purposefully undermine security controls because they're inconvenient.

They all work from home, are older women who live alone, and aren't leaving the desk; the kvm being switched to the radiology machine means there's no input going to the acute care machine, causing them to lose access to seeing the chart. I did clear it with IS before implementing it, but thanks for being concerned!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have an Android and use the Google call screening it offers, either I'll see broken sentences and the word "warranty" or they just instantly hang up if it's a robocall or scammer

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dongsturm posted:

Yeah I assumed this conversation is about the past, callerid stopped most unwanted calls 20 years ago and AI has finished the job.

re: pre-AI days, growing up I saw my parents just tell whoever was calling no thank you, have a nice day and they'd hang up. Granted, neither worked night shift, but getting dinner interrupted wasn't the end of the world

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

a mysterious cloak posted:

Evidently I can have patients call and verbally abuse me and my medical assistants, and still get appointments here. I guess the guy calling, screaming on the phone, and telling me that he was going to come here and blow a gasket wasn't threatening enough?

Gotta do that service recovery! :thunkgun:

The only places I see this even remotely being tolerated is pain clinics and indigent primary care, holy poo poo I hope you can fire some of these assholes, stay safe :ohdear:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. Apparently there's some drama in the Kansai beer scene surrounding one of the bigger annual events here.

Don't keep us in suspense!! :allears:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

It's pretty dumb. But basically there's a big craft beer event here in Osaka every year (except for the last two years) that's put on by the Osaka Brewer's Association and they invite all of the craft breweries in Kansai (the Kansai region contains the prefectures of Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Wakayama, Shiga, and Hyogo). Breweries don't apply or anything for an invite. They will invite you automatically if you are a brewery in Kansai not owned by a major beer company and have gotten your brewing license even within a couple months of the event. This isn't an invitational. That's not the point. It's meant to be for promoting the local scene, and I think is a very good way of helping new, and especially smaller breweries access a wider audience than they might normally be able to. The event's organizer has been doing it for years and, frankly, I think works her loving rear end off to put it all together and gets very little praise for it. Again, this is not an exclusive event, and it was never meant to be. There are invitational events as well. This just is not that kind of beer event.

Anyways, this one brewery is apparently boycotting the event because there are too many not "real" craft beer places there pouring "mediocre beer". He's also really buttmad that a former employee will be there for the brewery he started. I guess he quit really quickly. Apparently everyone does. You know, you just can't find good help these days. I also find it funny that this guy is taking this stance when their beer is what I would call "agressively mediocre" and the guy has a very corporate approach to his brewery. Apparently, he refuses to make any beer that takes more than three weeks to complete in order to maximize product output. I mean that's fine. But he literally wrote the business plan for this place for his MBA course so it's a very business first kind of brewery. Also, this event has always been all inclusive since it started, with plenty of bad to mediocre breweries attending, so it's not like this is new. Also plenty owned by larger restaurants, etc. in the past. I thought maybe Spring Valley (owned by Kirin) would be there but from what I can tell, they aren't. So suddenly taking a "stance" on this seems more than a little precious to me and misses the point of the event almost entirely.

Edit: I do wish I was able to make my former boss so mad at my attendance that they'd ragequit an event.

Ooooh, someone put on their tanty panties! I hope everyone else does a :rolleyes::fh: and it doesn't spiral into anything dumb. Thanks for the tea sharing!

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

I used to work at Nickelodeon. One day I came into work and noticed my trashcan was gone. And my office mate's. And then my friend came in saying everybody's trashcan was gone. We got an email an hour later saying this was to "reduce waste from bin liners" and not to, you know, cut back on janitorial staff or anything. They took our goddamn trashcans and told us to use the communal bin in the kitchen. So any time you had a leaky nose, you'd either have to pile your snot rags on your desk or leave your workspace each time you wanted to drop a tissue in the bin.

"Nah, just bring your own trash bin or bags!" You might think! They confiscated them. And then we got a snide email about people needing to do this because we're saving the earth, you small-minded plebs! and everyone's just gonna have to get used to it.

Anyway, sometimes I wonder how that worked out with covid and all.

Huh. Back in about 2006 the hospital I worked at did this, but ONLY for non patient care areas like medical records and only for anyone not a manager because they wanted to spend less on "environmental services". This was after the hospital got bought by CHS; other such galaxy brain ideas implemented were "if you clock in a minute late it's considered a no call no show" and you'd get written up if you clocked in early. Two ICU nurses were shitcanned and the rest of the patient care staff had a mutiny. There was also a bomb threat called in on the parking garage. Shortly after this my department got outsourced, and while I was smart enough to have secured an adjacent position, there was so little work for me to do I was filing charts out of sheer boredom. I got to watch as the hospital hemorrhaged providers who were sick of bullshit until I also left

I'm guessing that your situation was before a massive layoff?

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Here’s some dumb poo poo my partner’s work is doing that led to creepy poo poo.

She started a new job a few weeks ago, totally remote and once she finishes training she’ll basically never have to interact with anyone besides her supervisor. They’re training for the next few weeks, which means her and a few other new people are sitting on Zoom calls for 8 hours a day. The company requires their cameras on despite them literally just listening all day, which is the Dumb poo poo, and is the cause of Creepy poo poo.

One of the other new people is some neckbeard who keeps sending her weird messages. As soon as she comes on camera he’ll compliment her looks or ask her about her hair or makeup or whatever. Not enough to be outright harassment, just textbook incel stuff. She basically told him “hey I don’t wanna talk I need to pay attention to this work” but it didn’t stop him. It’s got her all weirded out because she knows he’s just staring at her when she’s on, and he’ll send messages and she has to hide her reactions and pretend not to see them or whatever. She doesn’t want to be seen as “that girl” or a problem worker or whatever since she just started, so she didn’t want to go to her supervisor. Just the other day as soon as she got on he was like “oh hey I had a dream about you haha” so she finally decided to tell her boss. I told her that was a good idea.

On a whim I decided to Google the guy, as one does, and what do I find? Of course, he is a convicted rapist. Registered sex offender charged with one count of attempted rape of an unconscious/incapacitated woman.

She about threw up when I told her and showed her all the charges and stuff. Obviously it’s not illegal for a rapist to have a job, and a remote job where he can’t physically be around women is probably the best possible solution, but I don’t know if this place even did a background check or anything. I guess he isn’t doing anything illegal, but I doubt the company is going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh also, his rap sheet states he has an anime tattoo.

In short, men are creeps.

IT can't like, restrict him being able to see her camera?

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheSpartacus posted:

That seems to be avoiding the problem though rather than dealing with it?

I wholeheartedly agree, but it's an easy mitigation while they investigate and purge the creep, and I'm sure it would make her feel better working in the interim.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

DRINK ME posted:

I am speaking to you from the past, as I am 80 some pages behind but I had an almost identical experience. We hired a new business writer for the team - I’m not sure what the role is actually called but this was a person to supplement our product development team, who would be responsible for everything from documentation to brochures.

The business spent like a week doing lots of things to make the office accessible and got the equipment she required, the day she arrived it was all set up waiting at a primo desk. She was utterly unpleasant and we still made every effort to be friendly and include her - at least in part because we were all sick of having to do that work ourselves. She only came to the office for four days over two weeks, was still doing onboarding and getting to know the business sort of stuff. Then she was never seen again - I assume she probably quit through bosses or HR but all we got was “she is no longer working here”.

I never considered she might be gaming the system somehow but that almost makes sense because who doesn’t give a new job at least a few weeks - unless it’s in life threatening conditions or something. I had always thought maybe she just hated all of us, or maybe the boss… The whole thing was very strange.

Lol, I had someone like that, except worse; she asked my boss about her tattoo which she got to cover up her portacath scar from chemo, and my boss made the error of pulling the collar of her shirt slightly aside when she was taking about it, which OBVIOUSLY was sexual harassment. I had no idea about any of this and later had to ask this person to take comp time because we had run out of dictation to type and got a big ol all caps email back (most staff in transcription work from home) screaming about retaliation and when I asked my boss she said to take someone else off instead, so I did. However, this person decided to stay on the clock and NOT type, and I got a spicy call from a surgeon asking why his stats weren't done. She reported to HR horrid things about everyone else in the office but as much as she tried to elicit a response out of me the only thing she had was that I sat cross legged on my chair and that was unprofessional :laugh:

She finally hosed up bad enough to get fired when she wrote an email to the whole C-suite threatening to sue the hospital over a laundry list of dumb poo poo

The real psycho part was while she was in house for training she was just as nice as could be, made me real gunshy around the replacement

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dongsturm posted:

Uh, if I had someone reach out and pull my collar "to take a better look" I'd have a hostile attitude to the creepy weirdo too.

I probably wasn't clear, the boss had the tattoo, and she pulled her shirt maybe an inch, and it was just below her collarbone.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
Before I got fully credentialed in Epic Cadence I would go hang out with the schedulers in the outpatient clinics to get a feel for what their workflow was... what I discovered when I got credentialed and could do builds was the clinic managers wanted things that actively made their scheduler's jobs needlessly more difficult and were actively resistant to compromise :sigh:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blue Footed Booby posted:

My last job blocked SA and imgur but not Reddit, all videogame stuff but not sports. It made it really easy to figure out what the executives liked to do.

Hospitals seem to also do this, SA was blocked for "questionable content" but Reddit was wide open. I figured it was the IT department, as the C-suite is always full of ex nurses and olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

My mom asking me "What time is it there?" after calling me at 3 in the morning.

see if you can talk her through putting a widget on her phone showing what time it is where you are, I did that when my spouse and I were in different time zones because I got sick of googling "Vancouver current time" (I lived in AZ, land of no DST)