Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Harrow posted:

And then the big one is Baton Pass. I played some Persona 4 yesterday and it felt so restrictive without the ability to pass my 1 More to someone else. Baton Pass feels so good to use.

bless Royal for giving baton pass ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

still need to finish Royal, I put it down to play other stuff after Futaba joined

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I want persona 3 and 4 on switch pls

Cardiovorax posted:

Did they just give the likelihood of their game being released in any given month in the form of a Gaussian distribution? That's novel.

It’s not a Gaussian distribution because it’s discrete
:goonsay:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

excited that 2021 GOTY Monster Hunter: Rise will get decent online on a Nintendo console

I wonder if the demo is already using it? SNU, FRR, and I had no issues staying connected when we played the demo together a few weekends ago

the article posted:

The Monster Hunter Rise demo was the first test for this new multiplayer system.

oh I should learn how to read

wuggles fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 1, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CottonWolf posted:

The lack of symmetry is also a giveaway!
Yeah I didn't even look at the actual numbers. Binomial distributions with p=0.5 can look bell shaped-ish, so I thought it might be that, but it just looks like a regular ol discrete distribution

But I'm probably going to use this as an example when we get to the part of the semester where we calculate expected values

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CottonWolf posted:

I've just applied for a job where I might have to teach intro stats to undergrads, but I didn't think about noting down distributions for examples as I come across them. Good idea!

good luck! DM me if you want to chat about it before or after you get the job, I've been teaching intro stats for a couple years now

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

aWOOOOOOga

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of difficulty, I have game overed more times in Origami King in one session tonight than in most games I played in 2020...

I have a stupid brain that can't do spatial reasoning, so I equipped some of the extra defense items and threw coins at Toads for help all the time.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

On the one hand, what the gently caress. On the other hand, I've already beaten Judgment, and don't think I'll be returning to it when I have 3, 4, 5 and half of 6 to play.

this right here

I liked Judgment a lot but I have four unplayed RGG games and if I were going to replay one, it'd be 7, Kiwami 2, or maybe 0

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Good luck Cardiovorax!

discuss. I think I am D2f

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

when I was a kid I insisted on the following binding for MMX4-6

R1 dash
R2 shoot
L1 jump
L2 special

(or something I’m actually having trouble recalling it)

And you know how you’ll make up ways to make games multiplayer as a kid, so my friends and I would trade off controllers each level. And I insisted on rebinding the controls. Every. Single. Time

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I hate survival games but that first screenshot is gorgeous

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Played some “Final Fantasy 7” last night and I got to the end of Midgar

I am enjoying myself, but probably purely because I can 3x speed battles and long walking sequences and stop random battles when I’m trying to parse a background JPEG

Now it’s exciting because I know barely anything about FF7 after Midgar other than the thing so the rest of it will be new to me

Also where did Cloud get a bike?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t there like a car showroom near the lobby?

That wasn’t clear from the level design but it did appear that way in the cinematic

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Insect Glaive is spin 2 win

literally

R2 + X + Triangle to spin attack, mount the monster, and win

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I hope the team with the racist name beats the team with the prominent MAGA shithead

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Here is the cat

What kind of mileage you get on that cat

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

anyone not bought this yet?

https://twitter.com/PirateChests/status/1359179210359717895?s=20

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

grieving for Gandalf posted:

dark bramble rocks. it is also terrifying the first time you do it

I had to go to Dark Bramble and I looked up the ending and quit

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

fridge corn posted:

Last one out of Liberty City, burn it to the ground

Da da da da da da na na na na na na na na

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ken Levine's twitter:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

John on SDGC is an Iraq veteran and he apparently had a lot to say about the Fallujah game on their episode tonight. I haven't listened yet, but his takes regarding the military's role in the games industry are usually very good.

Onto a dumber thing... In honor of 3D World's imminent release,

:siren: WUGGLESQUEST FEBRUARY UPDATE :siren:

At the end of 2021 I have to have played twice as many games from my backlog (as it was in 2020) than I bought lest I be banned from the Something Awful comedy forums. This was easy in January, but now that I'm working again I have more time to look at stores and less time to play long games. Also now there are games coming out and Lunar New Year sales...

Spreadsheet of backlog and purchases: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13IEArcKturd2dCcN2MSRhIeneg6E8JUa-3AwqWcYeK4/

Games beaten: 5
Games to beat: 8

Beloved forums moderator ShallNoiseUpon ruled that the itch.io Lunar New Year bundle counts as one purchase.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Forums poster FlowerRhythmREMIX owning me at the last possible second

https://twitter.com/doogleswuggles/status/1360661418903805953?s=20

Forums moderator ShallNoiseUpon doing, hm. His best

https://twitter.com/doogleswuggles/status/1360661516614332426?s=20

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

Revoke his star imo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

not captured: me driving into the water because I took my finger off the stick to take the clip

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember when Super Smash Bros Ultimate featured Paz as a Spirit with a Bob-Omb weapon attack

holy gently caress I knew this but my brain exiled it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

That is a goddamn hilarious (if tasteless) way to mock one of the worst writing decisions in the history of video games. That's the kind of joke GBS would have made.

The actual thing is horrible and the reason I will never play GZ but that Smash Bros spirit is hilarious

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rinkles posted:

this stealth dungeon in wind waker might be the worst beginning to a zelda game i've played

WW is my favorite Zelda but yeah, you have to wait for it to open up. But when it does...

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Happy Valentine’s Day. You are all my valentines :allears:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

man nurse posted:

Something wondrous has happened this v day

hootin and hollerin

Ciaphas posted:

(e) there was an angry, depressed post here. it's gone now

I hope you’re ok, friend

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I think a lot of the pixel precision that goes into a 2D game with sprite art gets lost when you move into a more open-ended 3D engine. There are other examples of this phenomenon in various circumstances, for example I think Fire Emblem crits will never again look as good as they did on the GBA

It’s ok, I like 3D Zelda a lot. But I do think your overall point is correct

I will not make a list because I can’t remember anything

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

for the love of god finish LAD

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

the issue is that celebration of United States foreign policy is widely regarded in the US as not a political stance

Everyone loves the troops! What are you, a commie?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

how bout you mecha nice woman fall in love with you is all I’m sayin

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1361676737730519042?s=20

FIFTY FUCKIN MINUTES

predictions

You've heard of Elf on a Shelf? Get ready for Crash in Smash
No Pokemon; that direct is next week
At least Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix (KH3 is just Particle Effects: The Game, sorry Switch owners)
Zelda ports/remasters/whatever releasing "first half of 2021"
Ten minutes of BotW2 with a winter date

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

3D World, MK8D, Tropical Freeze, and finally the Wind Waker HD port will allow me to send my spirit back in time to grad school carrying back the knowledge I've acquired since

"invest in Zoom, just do it"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

mfcrocker posted:

Pokemon's 25th anniversary kicks off on Feb 27th, them getting their own direct is a guarantee

Ah maybe it's the week after then. But yeah, definitely Pokemon stuff that week and not tomorrow

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

You don't need to apologize for this one. Nobody wants any of that

KH3 is good now :(

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Did they cut out the middle third then?

no the pacing and writing are still rear end but now it's got critical mode, superbosses, and an extra episode that at least tries to explain what the gently caress happened during the ending

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I don't think this is the defense you want it to be

playing Kingdom Hearts games is speedrunning all the lame poo poo in order to get the last third of the game where an old guy is talking about time travel and you have a bunch of cool powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You can just watch that poo poo on Youtube and not play the bad game. You've somehow convinced yourself that wanting to skip large portions of the game means that it's good and that's absurd.

buddy I wish I could explain to you why I like KH

KH2, 3, BBS, and Dream Drop Distance (when I finally played them all a couple years ago) got their hooks right into me like few other games do. spent hours on menus tweaking dumb sub-systems and unlocking new abilities

I know it's trash but it's sweet, delicious trash