Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Make a big pot of mole and pour it on everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013
Go ask GWS if you haven’t already. If you’ve got a wet grinder, you can go about making actual chocolate, and if you’ve got alcohol, you can make some pretty good chocolate liquor. Grab a rum or something, drop in some crushed beans for a few weeks, filter it, sweeten if you wanna, let it age for a month or four, force it on your houseguests.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
When chocolate first started being imported to Europe, sometimes pirates would board the shipment vessels and be very surprised to find that the cargo was nothing they were familiar with, and it looked and tasted like goat droppings.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I know they are up your rear end already, and you only created this thread for validation

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Alchemist posted:

I know they are up your rear end already, and you only created this thread for validation
only a 1 in 7 chance that monday is ops cheat day

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

put thm in ur butte

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
found this accusation at op

Steadiman posted:

Literally a person who's never had to face consequences in her life for anything, cannot comprehend it at all.

Soulkys
Sep 7, 2008

The beast of Tanagra
gimme them beans

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I’m awaiting OP’s decision with bated breath

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

gary oldmans diary posted:

found this accusation at op

Aha! So that's where the cocoa came from!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Ventral EggSac posted:

Aha! So that's where the cocoa came from!

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Boil em
Mash em
Shove em up your butt

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, so it looks like they're dried/roasted already.

Here are my sacks I have 30 of them. 30 sacks. No one ever asked about my sacks. LOOK AT THEM:

Here was the first beany I found:

As I've been working through sacks so far I've got this many beans:

Still taking suggestions for non-butt things to do with them. So far I've gone through....five sacks...so it would seem I have a while before I do anything with these funky beans..

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
20 beans in 5 sacks. 25 sacks. So 500 beans :thunk: tahts a lot of beans

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Turn your sacks into fashionable clothing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Colonel Cancer posted:

Turn your sacks into fashionable clothing.

lol if you think I haven't already made myself a messenger bag with one.

Others are getting broken down into smaller sacks for gardening this year.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I anticipate these sacks are gonna end up on Etsy as part of some overpriced low quality project of which they were not designed for.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
They look roasted, so: make chocolate. If you have a really good blender (or a crappy blender you don't mind running for a while!) just blend those fuckres up and add some sugar and milk powder

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I anticipate these sacks are gonna end up on Etsy as part of some overpriced low quality project of which they were not designed for.

Never! THESE SACKS ARE MINE DON'T YOU loving TOUCH THEM WITH YOUR DIRTY HANDS!!!

But seriously, they are all pretty much earmarked for use in the near-ish future. There are a few that'll be leftovers but most have a destiny.

Dog Kisser posted:

They look roasted, so: make chocolate. If you have a really good blender (or a crappy blender you don't mind running for a while!) just blend those fuckres up and add some sugar and milk powder

Is it really that easy? Because if it is I think this might be what I do. Do I have to remove the skins???

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

Is it really that easy? Because if it is I think this might be what I do. Do I have to remove the skins???

Yep, pretty much. Do remove the skins (I don't know if you need to but I did even though it's a pain in the rear end) and toss them in a blender. They'll grind down to fragments, then dust, then keep grinding and it'll turn to melty goop. You can eat it like that but it'll... taste bad until you sweeten it a bit.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Don't toss those skins. They are good for your garden.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Also yes that

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Don't do this if you have dogs.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Should have thrown the beans dude, now the demons of 2020 will follow you into the new year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36zBCA_no0

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Should have thrown the beans dude, now the demons of 2020 will follow you into the new year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36zBCA_no0

:ohdear:Not again:ohdear:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Okay, so it looks like they're dried/roasted already.

Here are my sacks I have 30 of them. 30 sacks. No one ever asked about my sacks. LOOK AT THEM:

Here was the first beany I found:

As I've been working through sacks so far I've got this many beans:

Still taking suggestions for non-butt things to do with them. So far I've gone through....five sacks...so it would seem I have a while before I do anything with these funky beans..

A friend of mine is a spice importeur and we recently roasted some coffee beans as a lark. They're fun to nibble on if you've never had any before, they're really much more bitter than chocolate. I still say roast em, grind em, and use them for your cooking. Make a badass mole sauce now that I think about it, drat I wish I had some cocoa beans right now it's a wild world!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Do the sacks smell good? You could make a backpack. Or a bike saddle.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ventral EggSac posted:

Do the sacks smell good? You could make a backpack. Or a bike saddle.

They smell p musty, actually. They had been stored outside covered but in the rain.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
all the ones I've used so far I've laundered.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

lol if you think I haven't already made myself a messenger bag with one.

Others are getting broken down into smaller sacks for gardening this year.

You're thunking too small, a burlap bag makes for a perfect tunic.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Putte them into your mouthe and spitte them forthe whilst making the noise of a machined gunne

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Congrats on your collections of beans that were too moldy for the rats to eat

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Dog Kisser posted:

I think that when the harvest the beans they put them into piles and let them ferment, and that turns them brown. So unroasted cacao beans will still look brown. (I think!)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Report OP for posting they're uncensored sacs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Wamdoodle posted:

Report OP for posting they're uncensored sacs

Literally A Wayne Gretzky

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

all the ones I've used so far I've laundered.
you idiot you washed away the burlap goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Eat them OP

Alternatively, throw them on the ground