Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Usually good teams take the foot off the gas in February, but month 2 of the season is when bad teams start to realize they are bad. Which of these will win out this February where these two events are at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lakers now entering their second week on the road geeze I wonder why their defense is starting to fall apart.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
John Collins should just watch some Hassan Whiteside vids from his first three years in the league and just commit to that level of not passing to reduce the number of bad turnovers he has.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers D has actually been really good this game despite my earlier post.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
AD as a 50% free throw shooter really drops him down a tier, there's no reason not to hack him to death now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

Did he hurt his shoulder again or something?

He had the quad bruise a few days ago but he started missing them before that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers somehow down six in this game the Hawks have been total rear end in is sure something. Cancel the three point basket.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
William Rondo about to get ejected

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Phoenix/Mavs has been great but it feels criminal for these teams to go at each other right now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Games are being cancelled due to covid and there are people sitting courtside in Atlanta.

Bad enough they were sitting there but taking their masks off and screaming a players 3 feet away . . . and then refusing to leave while screaming in the security guard's face too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I don't know how it can possibly be a jump ball if Ayton got a shot up, that is sort of not possible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I'm confused about that whole sequence but just want a Mavs win. CP3 is about to break my heart.

)=

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol are they really talking about great defense when the Clippers have 90 points after 3 quarters?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The degree of difficulty on that Kyrie shot!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The zero interior defense might make this amazing Nets offense wasted.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I just drank a fifth of vodka. Dare me to watch the Tom and Jerry movie? (joke)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

If they could actually defend it would just break the league and be annoying but having to win every game 145-142? Beautiful.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Love the dreamscape filter on the ref review.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol Marcus Morris set that flop up 10 seconds earlier. That's some great ring psychology.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm cheering for the Clippers, LA unity.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

LionArcher posted:

I like the Lakers in 1 seed since it allows them to warm up against the eight seed. I think Clippers are more likely to be knocked out against the middle seeds, and I prefer that because they're the only team I worry about slightly against Lakers. I want the Lakers to repeat because that's both great and annoying for Laker haters.

The Clippers are not the enemy. It's the Celtics. It's always the Celtics. Don't let Celtics state media fool you into being a rival of the Clippers; they are our less fortunate son, we should lift them up, rising tide raises all boats, and covers us in the sweet salty embrace of death as it washes over our former coastline.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao that pass, that finish.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I think something about knowing you have to miss the second causes dudes to miss the first because it happens all the time, even with great free throw shooters.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This fantasy has become a nightmare.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Curry kind of might technically be the actual MVP because the Warriors are so sorry when he is not on the floor and playing at a high level.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Shaq the puppet master maybe MV should be thankful to the Big Aristotle.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat not watching but looked at the stat sheet and noticed Embiid had half the Sixer's points.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wondered why the Lakers were struglging, from box score watching they are wearing the blue unis which are like the anti-Mamba jerseys.....

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

big boi posted:

Lakers may have had help from the refs to get back in (tbh I missed that run so I don't know) but they are just stomping Denver now and deserve to win

I didn't see it either, but the idea that it was a fairly called half and AD only had two free throws was a bit preposterous to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I guess the Lakers felt bad about getting outrebounded the first half because they've kind of gone nuts.

kingcobweb posted:

You have to touch the ball to get foul calls usually

You are probably right, he missed his first two free throws which usually means he checks out mentally.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Source your quotes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I hate the way AD checks out but man the Lakers would be a sub 500 team without him this year even with LeBron balling out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kind of a borderline call.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Wait so Durant was ruled out of the game, then ruled in the game, played for 2 1/2 quarters, then ruled out again? Bad times.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Clippers are so volatile without PG this year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lou Williams has joined the season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
On the one hand, double OT games are always super fun. However reading the game log and seeing how many chances the Lakers had to win that game in regulation, would've driven me mad so I guess I'm glad I missed it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's not a surprise that quack athletic medical equipment company copper fit is putting out a mask sure to spread as much virus as possible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Rockets were in this, and then they weren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Denver/Bucks has so much shooting.