Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Never forget that Casey Hudson and some other hack locked themselves in a room to hash out the ending without any input from others.

How could you forget the genius of Mac Walters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Simone Magus posted:

I'm telling you, if this sells very well they're gonna charge 20 for the multiplayer mode and we're all gonna pay it

I spent hundreds of hours getting every unlock in multiplayer if they actually included it in the remaster I'd be on board. Hilarious that they're leaving that money on the table.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

kilus aof posted:

It was Deus Ex. Very end area, presented with three things to do to get an ending. Destroy, merge and control are the three Deus Ex endings. Only the Deus Ex endings made sense and completely fitted the game they were in.

Doing those endings was also quite a bit more involved than "walk in 1 of 3 directions".

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vega is great because his computer hacking animation is just kicking the thing over and over.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought Kelly was the one who had sex with varren.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Bloody Pom posted:

Just remembered one of my biggest gripes with ME3 was when I found the Phalanx and discovered they had turned it into a loving peashooter, compared to the laser-sighted head-popper it was in ME2.

They nerfed almost every ME2 gun to make better variants for ME3. I think the only ones that really made it through unscathed were the Claymore and Widow, though arguably the Black Widow is better than the regular Widow.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I had a lot of fun with Soldier on Insanity. The Claymore helped a lot to make that entertaining. Claymore Vanguard was even better, obviously.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

what was the sniper rifle that went like fweeeeERRRRP pow! with every shot? i dont even like using snipers but i loved using that gun just because of how it sounded

The Javelin. One of the best multiplayer updates they ever did was letting damage bleed over between defense layers if you did enough in a single attack. It effectively made the Javelin Geth Infiltrator setup one of the most powerful builds you could have because it could one shot nearly anything.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I was hoping they'd at least retool ME2 so you could recruit Legion early/have all the dossiers at once instead of the staggered way it is in the original release.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Piranha autoshotgun was so loving overpowered it ate like 3 nerfs and still came out the other end as one of the best weapons in the game. Loved that thing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

500 hours to get every unlock maxed out in multiplayer is an extremely conservative estimate.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's been almost a decade, let go of the Indoctrination Theory.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can play your own headcanon version of this ending by just doing the ending normally and then playing Citadel DLC after you're booted back to the Normandy.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you did all the sidequests and DLC you'd have enough points without multiplayer so I assume that's the same for LE.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It was a weird decision for sure, but the whole "they replaced a fan favourite with a games journalist" just feels like a chud narrative. Emily Wong doesn't even really show up in 2 except in an e-mail, but people got really loving mad about Jessica Chobot being in the game as an optional character.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Aphrodite posted:

Who the gently caress is Emily Wong?

A reporter character who shows up in 1 in a sidequest. As I said earlier, she gets an email mention in 2 and was killed off in a gimmick Twitter account in the leadup to 3, where she was supposedly live-reporting on the Reaper invasion. If you want to read it yourself, you can go here and scroll back to ~March 2012.

The narrative that they put Jessica Chobot in the game to replace her after killing her off, let alone that it was payola for a good review score from IGN, is some loving chud poo poo. At first I thought it was stupid when there were people claiming disgruntled ME fans were proto-Gamergate but seeing this poo poo still parroted a decade later in this very thread gave me pause.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Those seem like some really half-assed wallpapers even by Steam's low standards.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The worst part of ME3 is actually the majority of sidequests being "I heard you wanted x on planet y" while on the Citadel, scanning said planet and then turning the quest in for a meager amount of war assets. I'd take the janky planet exploration of ME1 over that poo poo any day.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I wish I could Batarian punch that post.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Section Z posted:

Yeah you'd think they would advertise "This thing has a huge headshot multiplier holy poo poo" in game, instead of you having to discover it by accident or looking it up on a wiki. I expect I will adore that thing when I finally get around to the Citadel DLC.

It was originally a multiplayer gun added in a free update so they probably figured people already knew what was up. Doesn't explain why they didn't add an explainer for LE though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

After probably beating this game probably 5 or 6 times over the years I finally did a full renegade playthrough. I got the guts to finally do it. I (me1 spoilers)killed Wrex on Virmire which I was super sad about.

The real renegade move would be keep him alive all the way until 3 and then betray him with a fake genophage cure.