Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait....can you shoot the bat?

I don't want to. But I might have to.

They have confirmed that you cannot shoot Echo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

There better be a way to pet Echo and feed them treats.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
gonna be an heirloom and you know it

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CoolCab posted:

gonna be an heirloom and you know it

I would be perfectly okay with a giant pet treat heirloom if one of the animations was Echo taking a lil nibble of it. :3:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhlVCYwpbqM

battlepass challenges work differently this season, each challenge slot is split into a BR challenge and a non-BR challenge, and you can only complete one of them

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Wonder if that's them cutting down the amount of challenges you can earn by shovelling the last two weeks of apex or if it'll be an increase.

I got from level 55 to 100 and I only had to buy four levels (which i used previous battle pass money for) this week because I hated this season, so reducing it might spread the players out more.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
based solely on the screenshot they look like identical challenges, but the non BP version makes you do more damage / kills / ring closings to complete it

edit: wait I'm dumb I totally read it as NBP and not NBR

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Well, non BR would be what, arena's and events?

When they added arena's we got a bunch more challenges, but this looks like it'd be them condensing that.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Relyssa posted:

I would be perfectly okay with a giant pet treat heirloom if one of the animations was Echo taking a lil nibble of it. :3:

a falconry glove with retractable claws or something would be cool

having a bat-using legend is enough to bring me back from 4 season-long mostly-break. never gonna pick anyone else now :3:

runchild
May 26, 2010

Patch notes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wow Sentinel getting Tempo baseline is actually a pretty big deal.

e: HUGE Valk nerfs.

e2: MAGGIE BALL DESTROYS DOME?

quote:

Fragment East Loot buffed from Low Tier to Medium. .

NO!

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 8, 2022

runchild
May 26, 2010

quote:

Added ability to use “tap” interact prompts when they conflict with “hold” (e.g. reloading near downed teammates is now a lot more reliable on controller).

HOLY poo poo THEY FINALLY DID IT

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well this season won't be as boring as Saviors, at least. Goddamn the last 3 months were dull.

I really like that change to the 1st ring. 180 seconds was way too long.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oh look, a Wraith skin in the BP. That rarely happens, I almost thought they completely forgot about her :rolleyes:

Fake Edit: Wow, she's tied with Octane, huh.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

maggie ball destroying gibby dome owns holy poo poo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So many nerfs this upcoming patch:

Like:

Wingman being relegated to Sniper Ammo and Sniper Extended

Olympus being given a rest for a bit

Valk getting much needed nerfs

Maggie's Ball being able to break Gibby's Dome

Bocek and Rampage being taken off the loot table and into crates, so I can just keep ignoring them especially after the Kraber Nerf

Dual Loader being built into the 30-30 is nice,

Dislike:

Making Spitfire a light ammo gun for.......reasons.

Reducing stick damage to Arc Stars, sniping someone with arc stars using Fuse always so much fun especially when it's a headshot

Skullpiercer making it's return, man this is just all personal preferences and whatnot but I am so tired of Wingmans and Skullpiercers being used all the time and getting domed in the skull

Losing self revive in the gold knockdown shield, so any kind of self revive is removed from the game

gold backpack losing healing buff and instead letting you stack more meds

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Self-revive stunk.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Plat 1 and a loving horizon pushes alone, and i die as lifeline trying to res and the guy starts talking poo poo after i say to stop pressing w

jesus gently caress

and he only had 9 total damage after his big pro gamer push

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the best part of the backpack changes is i'll never had to give away another backpack, so i'm pro

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Gonna miss winning a match with a finisher

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Good riddance self revive. It was always a pain downing a full squad and then trying to figure out where the rear end in a top hat with the gold knockdown shield went and hid.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
I started loving the Sentinel last season and now tempo's built in? gently caress yeah

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Kill RP no longer having diminished returns in Ranked (with the tradeoff of increased entry costs) is going to be very interesting to see play out.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
hopefully means less ratting

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Really going to be the season of 30-30 dominance with extra headshot damage and default x2 faster reloading huh.

Also didn't see this mentioned:
LEVEL CAP INCREASE

Players can now level past account level 500 through 3 additional tiers of 500 levels bringing the effective level maximum to Level 500 Tier 3. This increase adds 345 additional Apex Packs earnable via account leveling, and ensures that everyone can earn an heirloom just by playing the game. The total number of Apex Packs earnable via account leveling is now 544.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 8, 2022

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I really wish there was a way to disable specific character voice lines instead of all or nothing. I love Maggie's kit but listening to her talk makes me want to shove nails into my ears.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to make a varsity play for the deck. :smug:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sounds like someone needs an extended energy mag here... so, like a capacitor? I get that ................................ level 2

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

You're just a program with a scary voice modulator. And that's all you'll ever be!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skipmyseashells posted:

hopefully means less ratting

I had a ranked win earlier today where after we finished off #3 we concluded immediately that the final remaining squad was most likely a rat, because otherwise they would've pushed onto us while we were fighting the 3rd-to-last squad.

We found the Octane cowering in a corner and let the ring kill him.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Relyssa posted:

I really wish there was a way to disable specific character voice lines instead of all or nothing. I love Maggie's kit but listening to her talk makes me want to shove nails into my ears.

Yes please, you could disable them but then you no longer get third party voice line callouts that will confirm you're being thirded instead of just shot at by the same team.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relyssa posted:

You've fallen into her trap you see.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

You've fallen into her trap you see.

I was already an egg once, I don't need to be cracked again. :mad:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I just want them to make it so everyone in your party hears the same voice lines and I don't get why that's so hard

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

I had a ranked win earlier today where after we finished off #3 we concluded immediately that the final remaining squad was most likely a rat, because otherwise they would've pushed onto us while we were fighting the 3rd-to-last squad.

We found the Octane cowering in a corner and let the ring kill him.

I need to stop chasing/hunting in ranked lol, every time I go for rats the second teammate rocks me from the side with a shotgun/sniper

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

lolololol posted:

Fragment East Loot buffed from Low Tier to Medium.

This is very funny.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

turning a big dial taht says "fragment loot" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1556791163008389121

RIP to the ult then throw nades at it until everything dies combo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Relyssa posted:

RIP to the ult then throw nades at it until everything dies combo.

Still works, just need to throw the grenades at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Why did they lower the arc stick damage? Was that a real problem?