Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Awesome OP!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wait gently caress, the new season starts TODAY??? gently caress YEAH I thought it was next week and I'm currently holed up in a hotel under a foot of snow with a huge bag of weed

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Just read the patch notes lol

"Hmmm, Crypto is still pretty mediocre, better nerf a weird edge case tactic he could use"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Beelzebozo posted:

Just because you haven't seen it in your games doesn't mean that was a weird edge case. It was being routinely abused at high level competitive play.

I really haven't ever seen it and don't pay attention to high level play. I'm interested bu the word "abused" though. In what way was it oppressive? Genuinely curious because it's always sad when cool interactions need to get nerfed :(

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
FLIP THE PLAYSTATION SWITCH YA BAMPOTS!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
UPDATE: playstation switch flipped lol

24 gig

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wow I'm getting absolutely gash download speed, wonder if people are way more stoked for this season than usual?

Also maybe because America got buried in snow and everyone's stuck at home downloading it :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Bottom Liner posted:

Is this good or bad? I don't pay attention to any of the quests or XP I just get pleasantly surprised when I unlock stuff.

It's a strict upgrade because 10 stars is a level

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Everyone's gonna use the Fuse pirate skin eh

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I actually just got my first win already, playing Rampart for my daily, lol

We won because the final circle was Market and we had been on that roof surrounded by walls for like 3 full minutes already

Funny enough we hopped down to finish them, and then they got up on the roof, their Octane used Sheila and I just beaned him with a G7. We ran back up there and me and Fuse both had Peacekeepers so it was a very short engagement for Gibby lol

10/10 match

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Skyarb posted:

there is only ONE crypto related item in the battlepass, gently caress my life.

Look, when one of your skins is Hype Man, you don't get to complain

I got his soccer kick skydive emote :kiddo:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Fuses grenade shenanigans are legit

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

its super fun chucking six frags plus whatever at a squad hiding behind One Rock

It really is

I'm loving this dude

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Why do I keep getting matched with Lobas that stay wayyyyyy behind us other two and then use their black market

Nah sis I ain't going halfway back towards the ring

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

xtal posted:

The problem is you're leaving them behind

If two of us are sticking together then I'm sorry but the person who thinks they need to keep looting when the ring is literally on the other side of the map and we're all geared up is objectively and democratically incorrect

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Comparing anything to the polar bear skin is unfair because it's one of the only skins that fundamentally alters the character appearance so drastically

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

dogstile posted:

Jesus christ Fuse is fun. He's absolutely insane at building clearing too. I've got a ton of cool clips to put together.

Yup he friggin rocks mate

He kinda is Strictly Better Bangalore tho so I'm hoping she gets a buff, just increase the damage of creeping barrage or make it blanket the entire area in smoke that's as dense as her tactical

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Wheeee posted:

Looks like posting isn't your strong suit

Lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

tote up a bags posted:

Whenever Bangalore isn't on screen explaining what everything in the game is, the other legends should be saying things like "Does the r-99 have a slow rate of fire?"

She's fast, like me!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

scuz posted:

Due to an unfortunate weekly challenge, I was forced to use sniper rifles and noticed that the Sentinel has a hop-up slot added to it. I didn't see any notes about why this could be and I wasn't able to get any of the hop-ups to install in the firing range. Anyone know what that's about?

Disruptor Rounds are coming back baby!!!!!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chard posted:

salvo is a dumb name for a planet. there, i said it.

Awright mate, don't get yer budgies in a wicket

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I launched an idle Octane off the map earlier, feels good lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also, while I don't think Fuse is better than Horizon, he's definitely at a fun power level

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lol another version of Cat Wraith

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I hope we get an Irish legend soon, I don't feel very seen :(

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The 3030 is very decent!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

dragon enthusiast posted:

most pubbies aren't stingy with ammo if you request it

I dunno about "most". I've already had several matches where I requested ammo like 7 times, having zero ammo, and both my teammates having plenty of it.

I think part of the problem might be that most people don't know you can drop 20 ammo with X rather than dropping the whole stack. I have to assume lots of pubbies don't know that.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Spitfire is so money now

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Did everyone just lose the thread since it's new? :(

I'm loving this season, the loot caches are a great way to add consistency. I very rarely feel like I'm stuck with poo poo weapons for half the match

Fuse and the 3030 are great additions as well.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Havoc and Devo are still good, albeit difficult to use. I usually feel okay running one of them until I can find a turbo charger or swap to a volt

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Arbite posted:

Just saw some interesting etiquette; the last guy on our team was being stealthy and saw another dude seemingly the last last person on their team.

My guy just threw a bunch of shields on the ground, other dude did the same, then they picked them up and went on their way. Anyone else ever seen that?

Haven't seen that, but the other night it was down to the last 2 squads and my two teammates got killed. The remaining two members of the other squad fought me one on one; I beat the first one while the second guy watched but the second guy got me.

I think it's also still a thing to drop all your weapons and box at the end

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Either the event is crashing the servers or EA is getting hacked or something :(

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just hope I get a few hundred more crafting mats for the epic Lifeline skin

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ZeusCannon posted:

Why are half the us east coast servers loving kaput btw?

They've been glitchy all day but not actually down for me

I'm really liking the 3030. Great default iron sights. I know it's not always Better Wingman but it sure feels like it

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
My first free holiday pack gave me the Epic mirage skin, which is... fine, I guess. And a third demon mask Crypto skin lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Lotta games ending with us fighting a lone Octane these days

Remember, pubbies leave their groups too.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

SKULL.GIF posted:

The most reliable use I've found for the knucklecluster is to shoot them at knocked enemies, especially if you think they might get picked up by a teammate.

Worth noting that it's got a ridiculous range too.

Hoping someone makes a clip where they pull off a triple ultimate with Horizon, Fuse and Gibraltar. The damage for running through the fire is no joke

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I punched a Wraith off a railing the other day lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The aggressive totem push tactic seems to be very popular in general right now. I've gotten wrecked by it a few times. Once I even killed all 3 zombie dudes but the totem was like right next door and we died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Do Japanese apex players use the anime banners unironically