Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

this is the table if you only count the latest ten games:

Looks good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Fairly loving sick table

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I love how well that table highlights both Arsenal's terrible start to the season and Liverpool's recent dive into the toilet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle losing to Sheffield United and beating everton has completely changed the form of both teams lol

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Cant believe united are 3rd in that table.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

West007 posted:

Cant believe united are 3rd in that table.

Really shows the gulf between City and everybody else at the moment. Three points between 2nd and 7th but ten points between 2nd and 1st.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

allardyce in being a fat corrupt oval office shocker

https://twitter.com/DapoCeo/status/1361628992621666304?s=20

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hmm yes, I’m sure it’s solely Big Sam’s fault and “BLOOD ON HIS HANDS,” not the numerous chances Morrison had at United and various other clubs.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the tweets hyperbole but the video is interesting

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

the tweets hyperbole but the video is interesting

It's also incredibly not shocking. Large Samuel is corrupt to the core.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Allardyce and Warnock, the undisputed champions of 'list me as your agent and then put the agent fees into this investment trust run by an anonymous third party, also the agent fee is the value of your entire contract. No all the big clubs do this'

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Allardyce and Warnock, the undisputed champions of 'list me as your agent and then put the agent fees into this investment trust run by an anonymous third party, also the agent fee is the value of your entire contract. No all the big clubs do this'

I feel like Rosie Redknapp is also on that list

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheRat posted:

I feel like Rosie Redknapp is also on that list

RIP In Peace

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I’ll never forgive Big Sam for turning Ravel Morrison into a homophobic domestic abuser who intimidated witnesses.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

I’ll never forgive Big Sam for turning Ravel Morrison into a homophobic domestic abuser who intimidated witnesses.

It's almost as if multiple people can do bad things!

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
I'll never forgive Big Sam for making me shitpost in these forums.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Mine are a mix of Big Sam and whatever they put in blue mitsubishis in the early 2000s

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

liverpoo

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I missed this, but after their last win, City moved up to 56 points. Even before the draw, Albion’s maximum potential point return was 55. West Brom have been officially eliminated from the championship race 😭

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

:haibrow:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Remember when people seriously suggested this Liverpool team was the best in premier League history?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Remember when people seriously suggested this Liverpool team was the best in premier League history?

yes i remember people saying that back when they might have been, as opposed to now when they suck rear end

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I remember when they were trying to say that before they'd even won the thing in the first place

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Parity warning posted:

yes i remember people saying that back when they might have been, as opposed to now when they suck rear end

It's almost like staying power is part of being the best ever. This Liverpool-team has never been anywhere near that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bundy posted:

I remember when they were trying to say that before they'd even won the thing in the first place

The boom-bust cycle may never cease, it may only increase in scale

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Some Statman posted:

Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again

pik_d fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 21, 2021

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everton's Oumar Niasse posted this on his Instagram because Koeman didn't give him enough play time when he managed them 5 years ago... lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

pik_d posted:

Since Everton last won at Anfield, Blackpool have risen from the 4th tier to the EPL, won at Anfield, and fallen back to the 4th tier again

and Liverpool bought Charlie Adam lol

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Klopp being an embarrassingly sore loser again

quote:

“I cannot explain really,” Klopp said in a post-match interview, reported by The Liverpool Offside. “I think us being dominant in games is becoming a familiar story, but the opponent still scores.”

“We controlled the quality of the opponent well—but the one mistake we make they punish. They could make 10 mistakes, but we didn’t punish.”

“You just cannot play football in this heavy wind,” the German went on to try explain. “I am convinced now that God is a Man City fan and that he will do everything to stop us. You can’t win against God

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
typical

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

I'm disappointed in him, he's used wind before. It's this lack of imagination in excuse making that's getting into his player's heads. Klopp out imo, give it Giggsy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tarbrush posted:

I'm disappointed in him, he's used wind before. It's this lack of imagination in excuse making that's getting into his player's heads. Klopp out imo, give it Giggsy

Giggs is going to prison.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Inshallah

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't know where to put this, but the guardian did an interview with Felipe Luis and I love that the best thing he has ever seen in his life is Interstellar with a live orchestra

quote:

Filipe Luis rattles off his favourite movies with the speed of a man who has thought about it many times (Interstellar, Shawshank Redemption and Josey Wales The Outlaw), insists cinema “moulded my personality”, and lights up at mention of Vinny Jones. He’s obsessed with Clint Eastwood, grew up trying to talk like him, begged contacts to arrange a meeting and now optimistically says “maybe through The Guardian …” So how about it, Clint? But he did meet his other big screen idol.

“Royal Albert Hall, the premier of Interstellar,” he explains. “Cesc invited me because I love Christopher Nolan. I even walked the red carpet, although no one knew who I was. Nolan was there. Steven Hawking. Kip Thorne, the physicist. Jessica Chastain. Hans Zimmer. And I was in a box with Thierry Henry, Michael Caine and the president of Warner Europe. I couldn’t believe it. There was a talk, then the film with a live orchestra and it was fantastic, the best thing I’d seen in my life.”

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Honestly that would be my favourite thing too, it's one of my favourite movies even though the first time I watched it was split in two, on the back of airplane seats on journeys 4 months apart

Missed it in the cinema which is genuinely one of my biggest regrets, although I've seen rereleases

A live orchestra on top of it all would reduce me to even more of an incoherent babbling mess by the end

Interstellowns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its poo poo lol

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Not as poo poo as Newcastle

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Jose posted:

its poo poo lol

It’s about you’re posts hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"I love Christopher Nolan" is a red flag on the level of "human meat is too chewy"