Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
edit: probably not the right place for this question. apologies.

generic one fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
edit: nm

generic one fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 21, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

some plague rats posted:

Would Covid have happened without Trump? If you want to talk harm reduction it seems important to factor in the things a person is directly responsible for, partly responsible for, and strongly in favour of. Those are two things Biden is extremely responsible for, and more importantly two things I believe he would do again in a heartbeat.

I’m not really sure how to interpret the bolded part. Are you merely asking if it would have happened without Trump, or are you implying there would be no difference in its impact, regardless of who was president?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

John_A_Tallon posted:

I voted for La Riva.

So yes, you can vote for other people.

I’m not sure that really lines up with, what I interpret as being, the argument being made for harm reduction. A vote for La Riva wouldn’t have had any impact on who was elected president, at least in the 2020 election.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

some plague rats posted:

The second one. With or without Trump there would still be a Cuomo, a Fauci, a Newsom, all those red state guys, but no one is arguing thy Trump isn't to blame. Same thing applies to Biden and the Iraq war.

There’s a lot of nuance in those comparisons, though. Would you blame all the members of Congress who voted for the Iraq war more than the administration responsible for creating the subterfuge, or vice versa?

Similarly, would you blame state level officials for the COVID response more than the administration responsible for creating the subterfuge, or vice versa?

I feel like you’re failing to recognize how much influence the executive branch has downstream.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

John_A_Tallon posted:

My opinion is that if you're seriously deciding to vote for people who have done outright evil things just because you think there might be a slightly less awful outcome overall, you've lost sight of the fact that as long as people like you are stuck on voting strategically instead of shaming people for even considering to vote for rapists, warmongers, thieves, and murderers we will not peacefully remove objectionable politicians ever. It is easy for a politician to appear slightly less harmful than the other popular candidate.

I have a couple of friends and family members who have been abused and/or raped, knew of the allegations against Biden, recognized it was either going to be him or Trump, and still punched the ticket for Biden instead of throwing away their vote and risk letting Trump be re-elected. I do not have any plans on shaming them for that decision.

It’s not as easy as just breaking out the bell and “SHAME” chant. People are complex, and our electoral system is largely beneficial to only two parties. Just saying “vote for La Riva” as an alternative is naive.

I’m gonna leave it at that, in respect for GreyjoyBastard’s wishes, because I’ll probably be lurching too far into off-topic subjects. Admittedly, I probably already have, and if I catch a probation, I’m good with that, because I felt like it needed to be said.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

some plague rats posted:

I read up until the bit where you said you've been sexually assaulted multiple times but you don't mind and you could threaten them because you were a bartender(?) and then I just started scrolling past which I assume was the correct choice

I don’t think it’s right to hand-wave what they said. I’m reminded of when Terry Crews shared his story of being sexually assaulted, and 50 Cent and Russell Simmons mocked him, basically saying Crews wanted that to happen.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

PeterCat posted:

As I said before, Trump was defeated. Now Biden has to go.

What is the moral imperative for not calling for his resignation?

“As I said before”. That strikes me as a little weird.

Anyway, do you need actual assistance with calling for his resignation, or something else?

If it’s the former, you can probably start with contacting your representatives and senators. You can look up your rep by going to this link and entering their zip code. Each page should have some kind of contact form. Same thing with senators, but they can be found at this link. I would imagine there are other things one could do, and I’ll let other folks weigh in.

If it’s the latter, and it’s something like you’re just trying to pick a fight with other posters, well, I’m not no gonna be much help there. Good luck with... all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Willa Rogers posted:

Biden's not gonna be impeached for sexually assaulting Tara Reade 30 years ago.

Best bet is to wait for Pres. Puddin'head to gracefully withdraw from office (or die) before 2024, then work like hell to challenge Harris, the de facto 2024 nominee, and herself a rape apologist.

If, by the grace of satan & new dementia meds making it to market before then, Biden does decide to run for reelection, his sexual assault record should be added to the pile of his other horrible actions and there should also be an offensive against an ingratiating media working to cover up those horrible actions--and he should be challenged in the primary as well.

Realistically, totally agreed. The poster I replied to seems to think there’s an immediate and necessary solution, so I provided them with a way of expressing their displeasure, regardless of how futile that attempt may be.