Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Voodoofly posted:

Unless my confusing “voted folk” is understandably confusing. That was just looking at the people with votes and my order of preference as I was posting in a parking lot outside a flower shop.

Yup, that's what happened - my initial read was "these are the people I'd vote", which confused me a lot. I see where you're coming from now, thanks for clearing that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

this is baffling logic, to be honest. and goes against most voting conventions.

I'm very charming, Toal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Maybe I'm misreading, but his defense of Keane when Toal voted him immediately made me think night action.

Why are you doing this, talking about night actions?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I submitted my vote by mail CapPig should get it shortly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Also if you go two days without voting I’m probably voting you on pure principle.

hosed up.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

keane do you think its hal?

Not particularly, but I don't NOT think it's hal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I can see IA yeah.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's Sandwolf.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

spacing in vienna posted:

Hey, guys, do you know what would be great? If people started giving reasoning for their cases, instead of just naming names.

(Toalpaz exempted -- they cased Rhymes d2, I'm assuming this is a continuation)

Perhaps.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Let's play a game.

I'll post a word, and then you have to post a word that starts with the same letter as the ending letter.

Envelope.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay I'll play, here is my second word:

Envelope.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look at this scummy poo poo, ending it with an x?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

##vote CCK

You have been around both deadlines and haven’t voted anyone either day.

Wow, RUDE. I told you I voted by mail. I can't believe you're attacking the hardworking employees of the United States Postal Service like this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I was shitposting to highlight that the game was open and to get more interaction with the thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Fffff I'm trying to think of a way to ask for clarification that doesn't role fish but I'm not sure there is one.

The best I can find is: did you actively choose a target last night, one that was not yourself?

A "no" could imply a passive selection role or VT, but unfortunately "yes" can only mean a town PR, so if anyone's got a better question?

I think I remember the answer to this one, we have to ask how the other Rhymes would clue would answer, and then do the opposite.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

i have a big shift today so I'll ask now: rhymes with pew, why did you self visit last night?

I guess I'm struggling to think about how this leads to thinking Clue is scum when the preponderance of roles where a self visit is useful are town, and if Clue was redirected that would almost certainly be without his knowledge.

Additionally, this is a relatively small game and the role locker was executed. What scum roles with night actions are out there that aren't killing roles?

I don't think Clue is scum, basically, and I think we should probably back off this line for a while.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

apart from a defence of clue, this is all of keane's cases.

scum! or at the very least, executable on principle.

I think ignoring my repeated probing and questions in the thread is an intentionally misleading read of my thread activities.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm constitutionally obligated to play this game, however I am going to be farting around a lot so I don't get worked up.

So I'm saying it here, so I can quote this post during the game later, "yes I am just dicking around a bunch, but I'm still right."

I will also refer you back to this post, made before roles went out.

Also take a look at how Toal is also immediately backing away from calling me scum here:

Toalpaz posted:

apart from a defence of clue, this is all of keane's cases.

scum! or at the very least, executable on principle.

So they've put in an escape hatch for when I flip town.

It's bad!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

CCK can you just prove to me you can vote. Vote me if you want.

I live in America, not australia, you can't force me to vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway we can have a spell where everybody dances around and votes me and then unvotes me when I claim a power role, so I recommend we cut to the chase here and just agree that I am not scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Just vote Cena and if he flips town watcher we can figure out wtf with Clue and then probably lunch Grandicap okay GO

This is a wild idea, why would we do this?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Because there’s a contradiction between Cena/clue -> Grandicap callin for Cena’s blood in a weird way. This is not a wild idea, Keane, and it’s better than your plan of: don’t do anything, even accidentally

I don't do anything on purpose, Sandwolf, and I'll let you sort through the ambiguities of that statement.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

the thing is that the JC case calls for him being weirdly puppetmastery and operating on several levels of wifom like JC hammering scum and participating in lunches and casing people but still being scum,

i'm sorry i didn't know you were probed keane but lets be real, you've had at least a week to try and play the game and you haven't been trying very hard until the pressure's turned on a bit as we've been reduced to 8 players.

I wasn't probed, I was probing, asking questions to figure stuff out.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wait, now we're targeting rwc for lurking? Because again: people have real lives. If they're not posting today, and don't come back tomorrow, we can use a free dunk on them then.

This is a good take.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

than who's the alternative for you Keane

I'd agree with voting Toal off.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

A few years ago I played in a game where I had lost my vote, but couldn't mention it directly, so I started talking about how other people seemed like they were being "forced to vote" a certain way.

I mention this for no reason.

I have a power role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Stumps usually don't count toward player count, I'm clearly listed.

But enough about me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I'm here and present, I'll move my vote but, frankly, everyone in this game is acting shades of scum and I'm genuinely perplexed why those of you who are town are playing like this

I'm intentionally being generally confusing and obfuscating things to demand that scum be particularly unsure as to what to make of me. I softclaimed a cop role early in an attempt to draw a night kill, and I am explicitly claiming a power role now to do the same. Then, in a day or two, I will reveal the results of my night actions because scum think I am lying.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

CCK did you actually have a vote on Hal at this point? I tried looking up votefinder to figure it out but don't see anything.

I was highlighting how this post:

Grandicap posted:

I didn't realize deadline was this afternoon. My vote is sitting on Hal because of his puppy monster comment, so that's not where I'd really like to go.
I'm probably leaning sandwolf right now because I think the push he is manifesting on SiV is coming from a scummy perspective.

Actually, his mason vig cop post is pretty suspect too

No actual alignment calls, trying to make it appear as if he is driving content, but it is a white noise post. The vig and cop bit are supposed to be your scum leans, but both of them for Sandwolf are not because of suspicion but from a null read PoV.

And him calling out Keane for his cop breadcrumb too. Doesn't matter if Keane was doing a gag or not, drawing attention to it is anti-town.

##vote Sandwolf

Starts with the claim that Grand's vote was sitting on Hal, and then in the same post shifted onto Sandwolf. It's a weird move!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

great, I can't wait for your 4D, debatably useless plan to come into effect on D5

Everybody else is playing mafia checkers, I'm playing mafia opera albums.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Holy Moly Grand is tunneling on Cena so much I hope he hired a professional mining engineer to prevent collapse.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

what is this a reaction to?

I'm reading through Grand's post history, the overwhelming majority of his posts from Day 2 on feel focused on Cena.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Just tell me, old mafia buddy to old mafia buddy: you aren't going to gently caress us over are you?

I am 100% town and I promise I am playing in a manner I sincerely believe with ultimately benefit town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

That's it unless CCK can do something magical or someone swaps.

Grand anything to say?

I can do the most magical thing of all: Be your friend.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Wow, WOW. WOW.

My night action failed, smh, smh.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jeez Sandwolf, I haven't voted for a single town player all game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

mine did not.

vote## Voodoofly

NOOOO VOODOOFLY NOOOOO

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway want to elaborate here my man?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Are we all just spitting out results and poo poo now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

So are you literally Bernie or Larry?

No my name is Keane.