Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TimmyyThicc/status/1365452431446925315?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/BC_Andersen/status/1324381339227885568?s=20

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1365690138463006720?s=20

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

You can have your weekends back...in the Hague! Hahahaha!

Seriously, send JRubin to the Hague, what a literal loving monster.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I'll have to look into it again to see how the voting broke down, but Bernie should know that congress explicitly gave Bush and reconfirmed under Obama an authorization to declare war and use force anywhere in the world. Congress' "constitutional authority" doesn't mean poo poo if congress passes a law giving that authority to the president.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What the gently caress does this even mean

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i told him i hope he loving dies so his kids have a chance at having a good father

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Bernie voted for the authorization for use of military force bills under Bush.

Bush and Obama used the powers of the AUMF bills to both legitimize electronic surveillance and indefinite detention, along with going to war all over the world.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

loquacius posted:

You know what it means: trump is defeated, things are back to normal, COVID is over, the system has reasserted control.

We can all go back to brunch now. Everything is right under heaven.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

loquacius posted:

It's the succ version of that Lou Dobbs "trump makes this possible!"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dolphin posted:

i told him i hope he loving dies so his kids have a chance at having a good father

well the good news is that you might not hafta wait that long if this guy is a doctor and an amateur pilot, since those two things don't mix well at all

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Dolphin posted:

this is what the v-tail bonanza was made for

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Majorian posted:

You can have your weekends back...in the Hague! Hahahaha!

Seriously, send JRubin to the Hague, what a literal loving monster.

You didn't like my pundits for migrant children exchange program idea but nothing says the kids need to be in the pundits' family homes once we switch them around. They can take the cushy do nothing newspaper gigs and finance their own condominium arrangements.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Basically the only times there might be race differences unrelated to environment are situations where a condition is determined by a very specific difference in a single gene or something.

Are the conditions that affect only Ashkenazi Jews an example of this?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

bedpan posted:

I'll have to look into it again to see how the voting broke down, but Bernie should know that congress explicitly gave Bush and reconfirmed under Obama an authorization to declare war and use force anywhere in the world. Congress' "constitutional authority" doesn't mean poo poo if congress passes a law giving that authority to the president.

more like against al-Qaeda and any organization aiding, abetting, or harboring al-Qaeda (e.g. the Taliban), which is forever as long as even one member of any organization fitting that survives, but that doesn't necessarily mean anywhere

I mean, they could go to war with Canada if the president declared that there were internal findings that its law enforcement was not sufficiently targeting al-Qaeda, but impeachment is still fitting until they openly use that excuse

Edit: Oh, I never got until now that Bush's false claim of al-Qaeda ties might have been not just to build the case for the war in Iraq getting past Congress, but to build a case for going around Congress

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Feb 27, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

This is why I want medicaid for all (much lower reimbursement rate than medicare) and all doctors being employed directly by the feds and earning the same amount as public school teachers in their localities

If someone whines about medical school debt I'm sure they care a lot about law school debt for public defenders in bad funding areas making 30k

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

galenanorth posted:

more like against al-Qaeda and any organization aiding, abetting, or harboring al-Qaeda (e.g. the Taliban), which is forever as long as even one member of any organization fitting that survives, but that doesn't necessarily mean anywhere

I mean, they could go to war with Canada if the president declared that there were internal findings that its law enforcement was not sufficiently targeting al-Qaeda, but impeachment is still fitting until they openly use that excuse

I agree the specifics are more limiting than simply "anywhere in the world," but the president can point to a place on the globe and say "terrorism. thats terror. death to terror," and be within the AUMF. This is totally legal because congress passed a law giving the president this authority.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

actionjackson posted:

the amish gene is responsible for maple syrup urine disease

historically isolated or insular communities tend to develop genetic problems due to inbreeding

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Some scientists believe that only having one gene for Tay-Sachs confers a resistance to tuberculosis. I haven't looked into the research myself, but it would explain how a genetic disorder as serious as that managed to stick around.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

galenanorth posted:

Edit: Oh, I never got until now that Bush's false claim of al-Qaeda ties might have been not just to build the case for the war in Iraq getting past Congress, but to build a case for going around Congress

20 years late is better than never, I guess.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
umm, excuse me. you have the audacity to say our second black president can't bomb?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Eggplant Squire posted:

You didn't like my pundits for migrant children exchange program idea but nothing says the kids need to be in the pundits' family homes once we switch them around. They can take the cushy do nothing newspaper gigs and finance their own condominium arrangements.

Oh well okay, that would work fine, then!

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

Every lib is a fraud.

then start giving them more probations for posting like frauds in USPol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bedpan posted:

yeah typically any restrictions on congress just means they hold a vote beforehand on ignoring all the rules and what do you know, they decided that they can do so

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

He was watching Rick and Morty when the Novichok kicked in on the plane in August, specifically Pickle Rick.

Jesus christ why hasn't this goddamn freak been permabanned yet I don't think any single goon has done more harm to the world than Brown Moses, and that's loving horrifying to think about.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

a lot to unpack here.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

galenanorth posted:

Pompeo was half-heartedly trying to manufacture a case that Iran currently has ties to al-Qaeda. It would have extended the AUMF to Iran as well, which is ridiculous.

I don't think Biden justified this strike with the AUMF, but by citing current threats to US forces in the region. Which is also ridiculous, but for different reasons.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Dolphin posted:

umm, excuse me. you have the audacity to say our second black president can't bomb?

Thank you. I had forgotten that I was told I wasn't black - according to our current President - based solely on how I voted in 2020.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gulping Again posted:

then start giving them more probations for posting like frauds in USPol

Being a lib fraud isn't against the rules in USPOL, in spite of my insistence that it should be.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
chen never misses

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

Being a lib fraud isn't against the rules in USPOL, in spite of my insistence that it should be.

questioning the wisdom of our divinely-mandated betters is though so that's cool

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I really wanna know how this person feels about their meme status, if they even know

They look enough like an old friend of mine from college (pretty sure it's not actually her) that the meme makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/kirstendanis/status/1365805677986402307?s=20

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dolphin posted:

Erasing Bill Clinton? Typical.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

watching Cuomo weather these controversies

https://i.imgur.com/4f4Hm7b.mp4

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Erasing Bill Clinton? Typical.

erasing Barack Obama, I believe

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1365821278599405568

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/KsXJhjb.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The feel-good story of the year!