Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

My lunatic republican dad always called them demon rats in the 90s and back then I thought it was totally uncouth and ridiculous because I was a shitlib but now im lmao thinkin about it.

get your dad an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I'm not a native speaker of one, so do gendered languages really conflate gender as a social role with grammatical gender other than adjectives agreeing with your social gender

like I'm from the midwest so "hey you guys need to quiet down" has no gender connotation to me even though the word 'guy' alone does. you have to say the etymology is problematic even tho the immediate phenomenological experience of hearing the word isn't

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Tiberius Christ posted:

Hunter sucks I don't get the bizarre worship everyone has for him

Hunter is the most cspam thing on the planet waht is wrong with uouy

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

tbf this lady is too white to watch the boondocks

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

if only i had voted for Hillary, she would have won california by 4,269,979 votes instead of just 4,269,978

lol same

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ngl the abortion thing is basically causing me to lose my footing on where the USA is at same as trump winning

its one of those things I thought other people were just saying - but no, they actually want it. I'm surrounded by dems so I thought people just say stuff but they'd never actually go do it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

also I've starting saying things like "this new guy the americans put in, I'm not sure I like him, what's his deal?" even though I'm american living in LA

liberals love to think that europeans somehow know better than them about something so when you say that in English they can allow you to talk poo poo about Biden for a few sentences without reflexively defending the geezer

edit: I look turkish/arab so it works good

edit: I should say white liberals love to affirm white power by assuming some random italian guy knows more about american politics than them or anyone in America

3dit 3: I'm drinking yah

edit: 4 wait what thread is this

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 11:34 on May 6, 2022

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

they didn't even do gay marriage lol they just take the credit

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

is that a book or on dvd

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

one of Adam Conover's videos that I often reference is the one about how bacon was both largely a marketing meme, but also a case of the meat industry bribing the FDA into letting private interests write their own rules on how they'd be regulated, essentially causing themselves to regulate themselves

and Conover's entire schtick has been taking these commonly held beliefs about how society works, and then revealing that there's almost always some kind of capitalist agenda underneath it all

I bring this up because I strongly suspect that the tone of this new show of his, on Netflix, and produced by Barack Obama's Higher Ground Productions, is not going to be subversive about the government at all

oh, poo poo, he's going to talk about how the CDC works? how they addressed the pandemic? gently caress OFF

his episode on how prices work or w/e was extremely in the vein of "freer markets, freer people" despite the show normally having an "anti-capitalist" lean and it made me basically stop all interest in that guy

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

If you're wondering what they're saying in private, Washington State Representative Matt Shea wrote a four page manifesto on this subject.

It goes on from there.

no communism / must obey biblical law is a contradiction. also any army is defacto not capitalist anyway

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

lincoln did an EO to free the slaves

actually the USA's 2 dictators both were pretty cool, lincoln and FDR. maybe washington was a dictator idk but he was not that cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

equity vs equality is some made up thing