Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

GD_American posted:

Apparently Twitter thinks it was aimed at Noah Gragson, and I cannot for the life of me think of one single fact about Gragson beyond "comes from Vegas"

Gragson wrecked while leading the Xfinity race because David Starr had a tire going down in front of him and he's been bitching about it on TV, radio, and Twitter ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Yeah there's been like zero practice and this was about the first "normal" race (non-plate/road course) where they didn't have some sort of issue and they were having a top ten run until they made a bad pit call. It's week 5 of 36. They'll be fine.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

As far as I know, no active drivers have me blocked. Brendan Gaughan and Eric McClure blocked me, but I won in the long run.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

tater_salad posted:

Landon Cassil will be the first driver paid nothing?
I'd like to see the contract.. Equivelant of X dollars in [Crypto currency ] on date.. or assumption like he gets 10shitcoins and the rest in real dollars.

I don't think this would even be the first time Landon Cassill specifically was paid nothing. No disrespect intended towards the guy, he is very high up on my list of "Would really like to see him get another shot in good equipment" but he has not historically been working with teams with the best finances.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm open for the Clash to be set at a short track, but didn't Daytona bust up the short track when they took down grandstands? Or is it still there but the seating options are not ideal?

It could be at another track, but in mid-February and near enough to the NC shops & Daytona, seems like gotta be Darlington, which isn't exactly tropical, which means primetime Thursday night kind of show may not work.

The Daytona short track was just some tire barriers they set up on the backstretch. It's still "there" I guess, but there's zero seating or any other facilities for it now.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm generally fine with the schedule, however:

Running the Clash with the new cars in what is almost sure to be a wreckfest while the teams have the current inventory to write off: Dumb.

Running on a night race on Easter Sunday instead of Saturday night: Dumb.

One off-weekend? I'm missing the Olympic break already.

And I'm still salty about Daytona losing the July 4th weekend even though this will be the third year of that.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Even in terms of rainout wins it was legit. It wasn't a fluke strategy call or anything. Everyone knew rain was coming and he got into the lead and held off the Penske cars to stay there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm feeling better about the NextGen car racing good now than I felt at the end of the season. 670 still isn't enough horsepower but it's better than the 510 they wanted to run originally.