Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Estel
May 4, 2010
Most of the things that made lot of people follow this game are not in the demo. The crafting, the endgame content already in the game at launch, no GAAS or microtransactions.

This is probably one of the cases where having in the demo the option of a high level character just to look at the crafting and how the game works at high level would have been better than just showing the prologue/tutorial.

I don't need another game trying to force me to keep playing with dailies, temporary content or the promise of endgame content in the future.
It's one of the reasons why i liked Remnant from the Ashes. This is the game and that's it, if they make an expansion in the future and you want to buy it cool and if you don't that is also cool because you already had a full game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010
I started trying the Pyro and i don't understand all the people saying it's the worst class. I run into groups of enemies use my skills or melee, set everything on fire and every time something dies i get 25% of my health back.

Estel
May 4, 2010
I'm playing Pyro exactly as i play the Devastator, Devastator is more tank focused and Pyro more AoE damage dealer but the gameplay is the same, the only difference is that with the Pyro you have to use first your skills or your melee instead of just shooting.

Estel
May 4, 2010
I think it's in the official game's page and in a couple of the youtube videos they made.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Mailer posted:

I couldn't make it through another dozen loops to get all the mods on Tech. It's just... bad. 25% of your skills (in both demo and full game) are completely wrecked by an enemy moving slightly to the left. It's a turret class with useless turrets. All things being equal, I'd have ended with:

Blighted Rounds: Double clip, kills give 30% back.
Scrapnel: +1 mine, range increase... and apparently there's a second, different mod that also gives +1 mine I never found.
Cryo Turret: Nothing
Class talents: Cooldown reduction on Scrapnel

I found a cryo turret mod that increases the cryo damage turret by your status power, which is in turn buffed by your anomaly power, one that heals in an area when the turret timer ends and one that makes it explode. Yeah the turret seems like a support skill but i guess in a fully leveled character with high anomaly power probably will be good.

Estel
May 4, 2010
In the demo you don't ever need to use cover, you can run and gun against all the enemies.

If you die is because you are not killing fast enough or if against a tough mob you don't have a source of life leech.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Mailer posted:

The caveat to this is that it assumes you've geared up and modded abilities. You can't wade in super early as pyro/tech because there are several dozen enemies shooting for 100 yards away through a labyrinth of waist-high walls. In the end a pyro can rush in, bomb a guy to take out 2-3 on the way and recover full health, set everyone on fire, and then overheat to instagib them and heal to full. Of course to do that in the first place you have to die a lot to memorize spawn patterns because 95% of the enemies in the demo are horrible cowards who run like hell and fan out if you get close, so abilities to teleport straight to them are OP.

I did this from level 1, with the equipment that dropped, and yeah your health sometimes drops really low but the fact that with just one enemy killed you recover 25% life, except for the technomancer, means that just running from enemy to enemy is enough to keep you between 25%-75% life and not die. In the demo even with the technomancer the more aggressive and mobile you are the faster you kill and the less you die.

Estel
May 4, 2010
One important thing in the demo about the equipment that most people don't notice is that the base stats and numbers of your character and equipment are relatively low and each piece adds a lot. In other games choosing between 2 green pieces of equipment is getting 1-5% of a stat so most people don't bother changing until they get the next rarity piece for that slot but in this game choosing between 2 green pieces can represent gaining 15-20% to one stat. When you have 100 life that +-15% life when you don't have life leech or any additional defensive layer can mean the difference between having to sit behind cover when a lot of adds are shooting at you or having enough life to go from enemy to enemy and let the heal on kill keep you alive.

Estel
May 4, 2010
GreenManGaming is sending keys if anyone bought the game there. Check your profile and it should be there.

Estel
May 4, 2010

jabro posted:

ngl with the hype the devs have been creating for themselves not having reviews before release is concerning.

Streamers have been streaming the game since yesterday and general opinion is that it's a good dumb game.

Estel
May 4, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

people that cheated in the demo are labeled as cheaters in the full game even though the devs apparently said that wouldn't happen

They said it wouldn't happen if they completely deleted every character and items in your game.

The problem is that when you had the inventory full loot drops went directly to the stash and it's probable the people that cheated had the stash full of things and they couldn't delete the items in there.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Frustrated posted:

I know it's super early to be worried about end game balance, but the only builds I'm seeing people use in high world tier expeditions on twitch appear to all be based around bullet powers. It's all toxic / twisted / fire rounds builds with support skills.

It doesn't matter the balance, lots of people are going to use the fire and forget skills specially solo because it's the safest option. If you die you have to start the expedition again compared to coop where you have one self-revive + other players can revive you.

Once people start optimizing equipment and passives more builds will be used.

Jack Trades posted:

Sooo...People Can Fly is a completely different company now is it? Because I can't believe that the same people that made Painkiller and Bullet Storm made this slow-rear end boring cover shooter the kind of which I thought went extinct a decade ago.

I know everyone can enjoy the game in different ways but if you are playing the game as a cover shooter you are doing it wrong.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Considering how the movement speed of your character seems to be comparable to that of a glacier, I'm not sure how else you're supposed to play it.

You are faster than any enemy in this game and if you push them some of the human ranged enemies stop shooting and try to run for cover. If you sit behind cover you will die because you are not near enemies to recover health. Yeah, you get closer to a group of enemies and you have lost 90% of your life but once you kill something, and if you keep your equipment up to level and use your skills normal enemies should die instantly, you are full health again.

Behind cover you will constantly receive low amounts of damage that you can't heal and once a big hitting enemy or a rusher hits you then you die. If you keep moving and killing it's a lot safer than sitting behind cover, your health bar will look like a rollercoaster going up and down but it doesn't matter if you are still alive.

Estel
May 4, 2010
For the people feeling squishy while leveling you have free respecs and all the classes have similar skill trees. Top one is weapon damage, middle one is tanking, bottom one is skill power. Respec into the middle tree and don't just change items because of higher numbers, if you feel squishy keep pieces of gear with +armor or +life even if it seems a worse piece.

Bardeh posted:

My World Tier appears to be stuck on 5 and hasn't increased in ages. Is it level or campaign gated, or is it bugged?

Unless you deactivated the use highest world tier available option it should increase automatically. The world tier bar increases while killing enemies but only if you are at your maximum world tier available.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Technomancer's not really doing it for me. Maybe I'd enjoy it with other people but I haven't been able to find a single group in matchmaking since launch.

I'm playing Technomancer when playing coop and it's really good, you can go for very high damage with snipers, really good cc with all the freeze skills and mods or just general support including a good healing skill.

Solo at the beginning you are "forced" to play as in a cover shooter game because sniping with blighted rounds it's the most effective combo. I guess once all your equipment is purple and you have more available mods or legendary sets other playstyles will be more viable.

Estel
May 4, 2010
People should always be crafting, always using mods for the skills they are using, always use the highest level equipment. Normal crafting is really cheap so there is no excuse if you are using equipment that is not useful for your build.

And I said it before, most of the people having problems with certain classes are not being aggressive enough. Devastator and Trickster can survive fine against anything but you need to be aggressive, be on the move constantly. If you stop you die.

Just watch a couple youtube videos about your class and you will notice that they are in constant movement.

And if you don't want to be that aggressive it's fine but then use the passives in the middle tree to get more defenses so at least you can tank some hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010

dogstile posted:

I completed the game on max world tier as the devastator and I basically only managed to do it by hitting constant headshots and kiting forever. He does loving 0 damage until you get all the required mods. I ended up making an impale/reflect/golem build but half the bosses don't have anything to reflect (and also lock you out of respecting until you're done because gently caress you).

Shame, because I love the idea of the class, it just seems that the other three are way better. My first expedition I did 3.5 million damage to my technomancer friends 13.5 million.

I mean I guess I can sit in the "capture zone" forever and not die but I could also just kill everything.

I'm actually kind of wondering what the devastators role is. He can't do damage like the other classes. He can interrupt but so can other classes. You'd think maybe it's crowd control but again, the other classes also have tons of that. You can't even hold aggro

If you farm the equipment and the mods you can destroy everything with all the classes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ77wLQPEgQ