Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Played it, liked it. Technomancer and Trickster are fun, pyro and devastator will probably shine in a group. Definitely has a bit of a Euro feel to it but I don't think that's a detriment. I hate the Destiny UI, it's such a cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

TheAgent posted:

on the PS5 demo, a lot of the cutscenes looked like they were running around 15fps with major stuttering and sound desyncing

rest of the game played fine

Mine had sound desyncing but no stuttering or low frames.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Do you need a Squeenix account for the full game on console?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Retro42 posted:

I’m confused. PS5 system says it unlocks at noon today(roughly an hour and a half). Should I adjust my plans thinking I can play early or is that just a tease?

It unlocks in 50 minutes for me so I would say a cursory yes. Servers might be slammed since it's launch day so keep that in the back of your mind.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Soonmot posted:

I'm showing 12 hours to launch on ps4

Yep, apparently what I posted earlier was a lie. Well that's rude of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Co-op'd the entire game with a friend, Technomancer and Devastator. I think originally the game started out good, but once you got to the first jungle map, everything kind of just rolls downhill and fast.

The monster fights range from fun to punishing. The alpha Perforo AI either needs to be turned down or made a little less aggressive. Didn't really like fighting Strix. Too many brood mothers.

Some of the end game human enemies were just not fun at all, especially the shamans in the last few maps. We were playing on tier 11-13 but everything just tanked too much and killed us far too easily.

Didn't like the ending. I guess they forgot about the dude you fought halfway through?

Ultimately, I think Outriders has the potential to be awesome but too many annoying little things that add up to a huge annoyance.

However, there were fun points, and the loot game is mostly alright. Needs more legendaries to drop. Way more.