Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

N17R4M posted:

Freelancer is a good game. I wish there was something on-par to fill the void.

MP used to be pretty good if I recall, with some wild dogfights, and on some modded (and often RP) servers full on capitalship battles.
The only game I've found since that have scratched the same itch is Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Honourable mention to Darkstar One. Same dumb b-movie vibe from that plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

OutofSight posted:

Hello, Mr. Rocket Baby Dolls, i am a goon. I don't run this place, but i have paid :10bux: to the people who do. Just between us i have heard a rumor:
:discourse:

Ah, the Defender, one of my favourites in terms of looks.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Yeah, the cockpit view(s) are like half finished, at most.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

HereticMIND posted:

I can’t help but comment that I immediately picked up on Jennifer Hale’s contralto the moment Juni spoke. Must be because I’ve heard her drat near everywhere.
Freelancer is where I first fell in love with her voice work.
So when Mass Effect came out and I learned she played Shepard I was all like "gently caress yeah I can play as Juni" and I never looked back.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Love the bars with a pit two feet behind some of the stools.
Automatic disposal of people that drink too much, I can only assume. :pseudo:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

my dad posted:

To hell with the lets play. I hope your daughter recovers soon. Best of wishes.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

The Crusader, along with a handful of other ships in this game, commit one of the (according to me) cardinal sins of spaceship design: engines that are obviously nowhere close to lining up with the centre of mass.
As soon as you fired up the thrusters the crusader would just pitch up into a vertical spin.

Funniest this episode, Trent, a guy with a sizable bounty on his head, walks up to a bounty hunter and shows him his ID.
Bounty hunter: Hmm, yes, this checks out. Also do you want me to fix your rep? :downs:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

:rip: in peace, random research assistant.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Oh Tobias. :allears:

And oh Trent, you're such an rear end in a top hat. Demands to go on a retrieval mission in a nation he's never visited and knows nobody in. Gets mad when it turns out that, surprise surprise, he's useless and have to find something else to occupy his time with. :allears:

And we're in kusari space, wich has kusari ships. Hoping we can ditch the fugly Crusader soon.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

OutofSight posted:

For an equally fugly Barracuda. :allears:
Not even close. Yeah the Barracuda isn't pretty, but I can't overstate how much I hate the Crusader and its dumbass engine placement.
Besides, we could get a Dragon instead, it's only slightly worse, and it looks neat.
Or even better, one after the other to show them both off.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I've already used the Barracuda in this LP
Are you sure? The Barracuda is a heavy fighter that's better than the Crusader and is only available in Kusari space and the Cortez system.

You might be thinking of the Piranha, which looks almost identical, but it's a light fighter available in Brettonia space.

E: I like the stiletto too, but I don't think we have the level for it yet.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 6, 2021

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I have a vague memory of getting the stiletto somewhere just before leaving kusari space last time I played the campaign. But that was also at least a decade ago so :shrug:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I have to say, the Drake is a quite nice looking ship.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Another ship with the engines on the very bottom :argh:

That said, it looks like a fully enclosed version of Jabba's sail barge, and also, as mentioned, like a bumblebee, so I don't hate it like I do the Crusader.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

What are these wings meant to be? Are they ornamental or do they serve a purpose?
There's no stated purpose as far as I know.
That said, radiator panels would be my guess. You have to get rid of waste heat somehow, and most freelancer ships have wings of some description that could house radiators.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

evilmiera posted:

But there is some kind of Freelancer-like game I always forget the name of that's currently in development, though it seems whackier than most other outings we have had so far.
That'd be Underspace, developed by prolific Skyrim modders Trainwhiz.
Less titty mods, more replacing dragons with Thomas the tank engine mods.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

How dare you speak about Ben Browder like that!

I was just about to post the exact same joke. :v:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Ah the dragon, one of my favourite ship designs. In this game, and in general. Distinctive and cool looking, engines in a sensible place.

Edison Trent posted:

Joining the radical left?
Hell yeah Trent, let's be space Trotskyists!

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Trent haven't gotten his mitts on it yet, but now we've seen the first of my favourite player ship.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Yeah, this was the chance to buy Rheinland ships IIRC, but doing so is entirely pointless as the single player exclusive ship is available to us now that we've docked with the Osiris.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Gothsheep posted:

Oh is that available already? I thought it would be a few more missions.
I think so, but it's also been a solid decade since I actually played the game so I could very well be wrong.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Ah here we are finally, the Anubis. My absolute favourite ship design in this game. It's an extra fancy Defender, and it's beautiful.
It is also, depending on who you ask the biggest Heavy Fighter, or the lightest Very Heavy Fighter. It's referred to by both classes in game.
And a forward-firing turret is nothing to scoff at either, it's essentially an extra gun mount.

Come to think of it, Juni's Defender seem to be a partially completed conversion into an Anubis. It's got the same tail fin, but it still got the Defender's weapon slots and two yellow engines instead of three red.

It's also amusing to me to note that now that we've passed the point of no return, there's no longer a decline button on the missions.

Also, RIP Walker, you absolute hero. :patriot:

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 12, 2021

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I never got paid, and all they have is Liberty Ale

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

While I've never tried to go back to toledo after the last mission, I'm pretty sure the ship Orillion is making available to you is the anubis that you already have.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Maybe they were being sarcastic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Especially given what must by now be well known by the entire sirius sector: he's not even buying anything in the bar.