Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Russo have a new movie? It's it the one with Spider-Man and Rey on an adventure?

TrueAnon podast has the author of the book its based on this week and the projects sound....different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Hollismason posted:

Like seriously what director goes " Yeah everyone has flat screens now, 4:3 is the ratio that Imma go with". Whole movie is trash because of that.

He originally intended to film it for imax,

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah I mean, the studio didn't do any favors to Whedon putting him in that situation, but he didn't have to put in boob pratfalls and cut every POC and be an abusive boss threatening people's careers. If this is how he acts under pressure he was clearly a loving awful fill-in hire and both he and the studio suck for how it turned out

Apparently that’s just how he acts all the time. Allegedly it was a an unspoken rule on the Buffy set that he wasn’t allowed alone with Geller.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I am honestly so completely baffled when I hear someone cried during any of the Marvel movies lol.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

teagone posted:

The cheeseburger line in Endgame almost broke me, even when I despise Stark as a character. People feel/experience things differently. It's dumb to downplay that because you think what something someone else enjoys to be inferior to your own tastes. Make fun of the crazies who associate fandoms with terrorists, corporate bootlickers, and other stupid poo poo like that instead tbh, those type of folk deserve it.

Nah. It’s loving dire to say you cried over that poo poo. Also the idea of “fandom” as community is incredibly hosed up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

No, you're just being an rear end in a top hat. Different things effect people in different ways due to their own life experiences and trying to shame someone for 'having an emotion' is toxic as poo poo. Acting the Tuff Stoic Badass in response to someone feeling an emotion Not Approved By You just makes you look like a dick.

Even terrible films can have moments that actually impact you emotionally. You're not wrong or bad for having that happen.

Yea fair enough as I’m painting too broad a brush for what I’m thinking. I think the idea of fandom
Based around corporate marketing products is not good as a replacement of real social community so the entire idea and language puts me off.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

He's a 'former' goon and between Snyder and his prequel opinions, I'm pretty sure he's a CineD fan too.

I remember him posting frequently in cined back when I posted less infrequently in cined or otherwise known as before I had kids.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The good old days when ”versimilitude” was the line in the sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Yea absolutely the mad max ending rules. Like first as a gag coming right after the Lex scene and secondly as a legit literary coda ala Owl Creek or some poo poo.