Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is it just the birthdate Whedon hosed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh my god I legit just spat on my monitor. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

abraham linksys posted:

at this point in the whedon cut (superman is back and evil!!) I'm mostly just cheering every time they skip past 10 minutes of bullshit

all the scenes around them fighting over bringing back superman seemed kinda unnecessary, but I also thought it was weird in the snyder cut there was no hint superman would be evil until cyborg's weird vision. also I don't understand why superman is being evil here instead of just amnesiac

A good way to interact with movies is simply watching them and not posting every 20 minutes. You might seek more enjoyment that way with something you've never seen before.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

On the opposite side I thought it was one of the best Joker's we've seen on film. A 180 from the SS version and so much more creepier. Totally in Batman's head and he knows it. (literally in this case since it's a nightmare)

Instead of the meme:

He easily stands shoulder to shoulder with each interpretation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

el oso posted:

I didn't know that - that changes things, thanks for letting me know

It's all good - it's really something only people who have been closely following this know.

The song IS odd. I don't even like Cohens version. But it works here. Someone summed it up nicely for my tastes.

quote:

This song is a combined biblical reference and commentary about a relationship. Jeff Buckley explicated this aspect of the song in his additional verses, but its clearly in the original. Brilliant song.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I guess I am in the cult of GWAR as I paid them $500 USD to ritually kill me on stage and stuff me under the drum riser.

The underage stuff needs to be seriously looked into though. How has it been around this long and nothing has happened? I see reports back in like 2005! Leto isn't Cosby or Weinstein powerful.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't like pedos and defending one means you probably are one as far as I'm concerned. Dude really wants to defend the child fucker so...

Ok, like... jesus.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That’s gonna give someone a seizure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I’ve read they got rid of scenes like this in the remastered trilogy. Of course the gamers were mad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The only reason people bring up 4:3 in relation to why Snyder uses it is because they look down on him. They don’t think he deserves to use it. He’s not been setup as an “artiste” like Wes Anderson. So why is this dude jock bro using it?

That’s all it is. It’s the same old bullshit we’ve been hearing for years now except now instead of outright saying it people go, “4:3 in 2021??!? Bro I have a widescreen tv!!!!!”

It’s dumb poo poo. He clearly uses the format to its max capacity making the heroes or villains appear to be much taller by keeping the camera angles low. Action is centred and vertical space is well used. Look at the Flash scene, most shots when he’s saving Iris are shot from below or up high.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopepunk is dumb.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just copying what I said on discord but imagine coming here and saying, "drat toxic snyder bros!" and then seeing this image.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Timeless Appeal posted:

^Aw okay, my bad. I'll edit. I was referring to another article that had an earlier quote, but I'm glad he came around with more positive messaging^

I lead a D&D group and the kids were charged with finding a Yeti who had kidnapped a Princess. But it turned out the Yeti and Princess were buds. But i made the price too high for capturing the Yeti. The kids still wanted to kill him so the Princess defended him, and then one of the kids accidentally killed the Princess in the process. So, they killed the Yeti and had a ten minute conversation on how to frame the Yeti for murdered.

It was when they were discussing leaving scratch marks on her body that I drew the line.

Kids.

I mean, maybe leading kids into D+D isn't your thing? It's a violent world. What about when they need to kill the goblin master? They are just playing in the world you created. Don't scold them for it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm unashamedly in love with the Leto Joker in this movie. It's loving amazing and downright creepy. I wish we could have more of it. I like how hosed up it actually is vs the garbage in SS.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The United States posted:

Rian, like Zack, is an accomplished filmmaker whose vision was undercut by the hack the studio replaced him with

Citation needed.

Rian had his vision and a lot of people didn't like it. They just fumbled the sequel completely not pleasing either side.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gatts posted:

TLJ is the best Star Wars film. Then the Prequels, then the OG trilogy. Force Awakens and RoS are the worst.

Alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

Only a third of TLJ is boring, as opposed to all of it, making it the superior film

BvS Ultimate is loving brilliant start to finish.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

I watched the theatrical cut in theaters, it wasn't

Ultimate never went to theaters. So cool job bro!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

Right, I'm not talking about the film I didn't see. I'm talking about the one I did!

Yeah, that one stinks because ..... surprise suprise .. Warner Brothers butchered the loving thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Timeless Appeal more like ZERO APPEAL

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

stratdax posted:

You can have humanity in your movie without characters laughing and hugging. I know you know that. But I don't think it's controversial to say that's not what Snyder is good at. Without it, it's a four hour slog of CGI spectacle. Like I said, Cyborg was played up as the emotional heart of the movie... And there was barely anything there. (Except, with his insane powers, he.. gave a lady 100,000. instead of, I dunno, changing the system that allowed her situation to happen in the first place.)

I think it's pretty telling the Snyderdome is talking about man of steel, and this thread was jokingly debating if martian Manhunter was actually every character. There's just not much to Justice League but smoke and noise. And a baffingly dumb villain.

It's not telling at all.

It's just the topic at hand idiot.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1381703685726740487

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I feel like you could desaturate it a bit more. It's very subtle.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

AND he wasn't smiling. What a fucker.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think i've had that hobgoblin beer once. It was alright but they only sell it in giant bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

AccountSupervisor posted:

(Once again the first 4 DCEU movies were more profitable than the first 4 MCU movies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudnMLzZjTg