Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
If anyone cares...

edit for :effort: :

Important links
Statcast - The rawest of stats. Look up info like exit velocity and runner speed in mph.
Fangraphs - Lots of advanced stats that you can customize and export to a spreadsheet. Check out their auction calculator for custom league projections.
Baseball Reference - You can see every batter on one page here and every pitcher here which you can export to CSV.
Closer Monkey - Closer news. Find out who's about to become the next closer.
Baseball Savant Daily Matchups - See which players have good matchups each day
Baseball Press Lineups - See which players are starting or benched before lineups get locked..
MLB.com Spring Training Stats - Find out which players to choose in the first round because they hit 5 HRs in March.
Razzball
FantasyAlarm
Rotoworld
FantasyPros
Pitcher List
Libre Office - More or less a clone of Microsoft Excel but it's free and works on every OS. Make your winning draft spreadsheet with this.
Fantasy Pitching Calculator - Projects how your ERA & WHIP will change based on future runs/hits. For helping to decide whether to start or bench pitchers on Sunday in H2H

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I was trying to make a thread yesterday and couldn't think of what to put in it. I made this bad photoshop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I've been holding off on making the thread myself because I am lazy, but I am PUMPED for fantasy baseball and the Goon Keeper league I am in.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
6x6 (+ batter ks and holds) H2H Keeper league. Desperate times and a lack of draft picks lead to desperate measures - trying to punt 4 categories and winning 8-4 every week:

C Empty
1B Empty
2B Nick Madrigal
3B David Fletcher
SS Donovan Solano
IF Luis Arraez
OF Michael Brantley
OF Raimel Tapia
OF Empty
OF Empty
OF Empty
UTIL Empty

SP Eligible RP
Drew Pomeranz
Diego Castillo
Lucas Sims
Chad Green

SP
Trevor Bauer
Clayton Kershaw
Kenta Maeda
Kevin Gausman
Aaron Civale
Cristian Javier

RP
Josh Hader
Liam Hendriks
Devin Williams
Yimi Garcia
Victor Gonzalez
Garrett Crochet
Luis Patino

Late round injured pitcher keeper picks
Noah Syndergaard
Justin Verlander
Mike Clevinger
Luis Severino

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Here's a few teams I have drafted so far. I like all of them for different reasons.

Team #1

Love the pitching on this one. plus Acuna.

-------------------

Team #2

Also good pitching here. well balanced team overall.

-------------------

Team #3

Offense is good here.

-------------------

Team #4

This one needs a little work, maybe a good sp3 and a new catcher (but I am gonna wait til further in spring to see how the Varsho situation pans out, Carson Kelly is on the wire).

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.
Has anyone who was in the Goon Keeper League last year not checked in on the league thread?

Looks like we have had 10 of 12 check in, still waiting on 2 more.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

looking for keeper suggestions! pick 6:

my league:
teams: 11-13, not sure yet
league: 6x6 (r, hr, rbi, sb, obp, slg, w, ip, svhd, k, era, whip)
positions: c, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of1, of2, of3, of4, util1, util2, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5
budget: $225

all potential keepers:
abreu - $19 this year, $20 next
cronenworth - $5, $10
bichette - $10, $20
laureano - $10, $20
acuna - $30, $40
tucker - $5, $10
meadows - $10, $20
happ - $5, $10
julio rodriguez - $5, $10
arozarena - $5, $10
y alvarez - $10, $20
haniger - $5, $10
darvish - $10, $20
hendricks - $5, $10
heaney - $5, $10
kopech - $5, $10
burnes - $5, $10

who are you keeping? i have thoughts, but curious to hear yours first!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

abelwingnut posted:

looking for keeper suggestions! pick 6:

my league:
teams: 11-13, not sure yet
league: 6x6 (r, hr, rbi, sb, obp, slg, w, ip, svhd, k, era, whip)
positions: c, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, of1, of2, of3, of4, util1, util2, p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, b1, b2, b3, b4, b5
budget: $225

all potential keepers:

bichette - $10, $20
acuna - $30, $40
tucker - $5, $10
arozarena - $5, $10
y alvarez - $10, $20
darvish - $10, $20
burnes - $5, $10

who are you keeping? i have thoughts, but curious to hear yours first!

Narrowed it down for ya to 7. Couldn't decide the last one to get rid of. Probably Yordan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was kicking around making this thread last week and I was going to call it "20 pages of ROCK THE HOUSE MD drafts" so I'm very happy to see we already have that :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I was kicking around making this thread last week and I was going to call it "20 pages of ROCK THE HOUSE MD drafts" so I'm very happy to see we already have that :)

Lmao.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

anyone know when the money leagues on yahoo open up?

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

It's appearing increasingly likely we'll need 2 for the goon keeper league.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Any regular 20 dollar goon leagues going on? Yahoo is usually a little late for them due to covid scheduling.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

DGladding posted:

It's appearing increasingly likely we'll need 2 for the goon keeper league.

I’d be down to join if there is a slot opening up.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

boroda posted:

I’d be down to join if there is a slot opening up.

Looks like we have one team opening up. it's a 12 team, h2h, 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, OBPA, and K/BB added.

you get 4 keepers, here's the roster:

Let us know if you're still interested.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Looks like we have one team opening up. it's a 12 team, h2h, 7x7 league with OBP, SLG, OBPA, and K/BB added.

you get 4 keepers, here's the roster:

Let us know if you're still interested.

Is it just four keepers, kept regardless of round? I’m still down, Only further question is about the scoring - correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t OBPA the same thing as WHIP, just expressed differently?

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

boroda posted:

Is it just four keepers, kept regardless of round? I’m still down, Only further question is about the scoring - correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t OBPA the same thing as WHIP, just expressed differently?

They are pretty similar. I advocated for changing OBA to QS in the past.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

boroda posted:

I'm the commish of the League. I'll have the keepers set as the last 4 picks, so no matter who you keep it won't affect any draft status.

And yes I'm thinking of changing OBPA. I only had that one in there because I needed to even it out from the offensive categories and most of the other pitching categories are bullshit.

But yeah, if you want the team it's yours. We just need find one more replacement and then I can set a draft date and time.

Draft is standard, btw. Not auction.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
If there's another open spot, I'd be up for it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ratedargh posted:

If there's another open spot, I'd be up for it.

There probably will be. One team hasn't communicated after several attempts so I can get you hooked up with that one.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

There probably will be. One team hasn't communicated after several attempts so I can get you hooked up with that one.

I think you missed it, but Fog City Carl is West End Squirrel. he responded in the thread.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I think you missed it, but Fog City Carl is West End Squirrel. he responded in the thread.

Ooohhhh ok just the one then

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
It's all good!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

boroda posted:

Can you give me your email so I can send you the link for take over the team?

Edit: are you still interested?

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 1, 2021

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Can you give me your email so I can send you the link for take over the team?

Edit: are you still interested?

Sorry I saw this late, just responded!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

boroda posted:

Sorry I saw this late, just responded!

No worries. Check your email for the invite.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've only had 7 teams finalize their keepers in the Goon league. Need the other 7 please.

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

I've only had 7 teams finalize their keepers in the Goon league. Need the other 7 please.

I've PM'd you.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hi, I'm just getting back into fantasy stuff now, but I'd be down for a goon redraft league

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doltos posted:

Any regular 20 dollar goon leagues going on? Yahoo is usually a little late for them due to covid scheduling.

If not, we could start one.

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
Would anyone be interested in starting one? I don't even know how many people we could get.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

If you're talking about a regular ol' standard 5x5 Roto league, I'm in.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I really missed fantasy baseball last season so I am involved with a truly irresponsible amount of PitcherList leagues this year, both wacky and not. I'm excited.

If you want to see me utterly break the brain of Eric Cross, a legitimate fantasy professional:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmCsf8Oo26A

(Also I'll be doing the weekly recaps of the wacky leagues again this year.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 8, 2021

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I'm going to have the third pick in the draft for a H2H league where the scoring is like this:

Now, I know I need to take deGrom/Cole/Bieber. But I'm sitting here thinking man, I'd sure love to grab Soto, Mookie, or Trout.

Would I be nuts not to take one of the pitchers here?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think you definitely gotta take a pitcher. 3 points per IP is nuts.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, you're right.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm super disconnected from the world in general right now so I passed off commisionership of the Fire and Forget league to someone else at random, if y'all still want to run it :v:

I thiiiink it was Inspector? I left my team in the league since I figure one gimmick team that I don't have to pay attention to past the draft is manageable though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

I thiiiink it was Inspector? I left my team in the league since I figure one gimmick team that I don't have to pay attention to past the draft is manageable though.

It is me!

I've never commissioned anything before so I guess uh, who wants to do Fire & Forget this year? It's like Bestball but simpler.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inspector_666 posted:

It is me!

I've never commissioned anything before so I guess uh, who wants to do Fire & Forget this year? It's like Bestball but simpler.

I’m in. I’m already in the league so don’t have to send an invite or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jabro posted:

I’m in. I’m already in the league so don’t have to send an invite or anything.

I removed the teams because I thought I could get a URL that would let anybody join but I dunno where that is so I just reinvited you.