Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Matt not knowing the names of the workers he’s exploiting is in fact good

I was trying to figure out if he was doing it as a bit or if he'd genuinely hosed it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Man, that Kanyon episode is going to destroy me but at the same time I'm excited for my partner to learn about him because he was always one of my favorites.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They did it – they created a show I'd actually be interested in and didn't put it on the Network/Peacock, but they went and gave it the two most insufferable dipshit hosts they could fathom.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1364294116138491905

quote:

“WWE’s Most Wanted Treasures” takes viewers on a journey to find some of WWE’s most iconic, lost memorabilia. In each of the nine episodes, WWE’s Stephanie McMahon and Paul “Triple H” Levesque lead a team of collectors, WWE Superstars and Legends as they investigate, negotiate, bid and travel across the country to hunt down and reclaim some of the most elusive WWE collectibles. Throughout history, WWE’s action-packed storylines have spawned iconic, one-of-a-kind memorabilia, most of which have gone missing. Superstar in training, AJ Francis will head out on the road alongside some of the most famous WWE Legends of all time including The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Charlotte Flair, Mick Foley, Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Jerry “The King” Lawler, Booker T, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Sgt. Slaughter. The series will unearth these rare items in the hopes of preserving and sharing the legacy behind the memorable moments in WWE history.

Maybe they'll only be loosely involved as hosts at the beginning and end of each episode. Interesting to note that Jake Roberts is named as being a guest on the show. Was this shot like 5 years ago and they're just getting around to putting it somewhere now?

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 23, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean maybe, but it's also social media so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didn't want to interrupt the regularly scheduled discussion in that thread about Charlotte and the different ways she's dangerous and bad

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

If there was ever a show outside of his youtube show that Zack Ryder was born to host it's this one. What awful timing and host choices.

Didn't he pitch a show like this or some kind of action figure show, get turned down, then eventuality released?

I imagine he and Meyers wanted to basically turn their figure hunting stuff into a whole show which I would absolutely have watched. Anything related to collecting old wrestling junk is basically a guaranteed watch for me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Der-Wreck posted:

Now that they’re out on their own, Cardona and Myers actually do this on their YouTube channel. It’s funny to see Cardona get all itchy about figs. Latest episode he ended up buying a bunch of maximum sweat figs.

I was a big fan of the time he bought an old AWA ring and the canvas had a tear in it. Just silly poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mob posted:

They're not even going to "find" anything. They'll pick poo poo out of the warehouse and bring it to different retired legends/stunt grannies/whatever pre-selected/scouted shooting locations and then film it. Close to how American Pickers does it except nobody's going to make any money selling something back to the company.

Yeah but the stuff in the warehouse is still all very cool

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alternatively,

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1352435983011241984

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

I scrolled past this while eating and I am never eating again

https://twitter.com/therealec3/status/1366915641639395328

I hate that his back looks like the praying hands emoji

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WONDERFUL

https://mobile.twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1366824702858166275

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We moved to Austin because we loved the city but we haven't seen the city in a year, and now the governor wants everyone to die. Texas is great!

Here's something less miserable – Hall & Nash hot dogging it in a post-match celebration over some jobber:

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1367142734809747464

The little jumps get me every time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

Scott Hall is one of the best proportioned big men of all time and that he spent a lengthy time feuding with Goldust who was another one just made their matches look like two normal sized men wrestling.

smol scott steiner

Yeah, guys like Hall, Jake Roberts, and Billy Gunn come to mind as dudes who are actually gargantuan but were made to look normal in the WWF because everyone was always massive. There's no way in my mind, growing up, that I would have ever thought Jake Roberts was 6'6" (not sure if that's is true height or worked height, but he's a tall dude either way).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

These seem to be finally becoming available and uhhhhh they do not look great

https://twitter.com/RingsideC/status/1367302688845819904?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Littlest Kazu's 1000 yard stare is slaying me

It's the long necks of Ospreay and Tana for me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Royal Updog posted:

For those not in the know, virus scan mcafee is a murderer and complete loving lunatic

I just looked up his wikipedia page and, holy poo poo, you weren't kidding.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This made me laugh

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/1368792334062784514

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't remember if Sid and Austin had a big feud or anything, but they were both kind of intertwined in the Taker/Sid/Austin/Bret grouping around the World Title leading into WM13.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who are the people marked in yellow here?

I think it's (from left to right)
Stephanie
Big Show
Slaughter
??? Maybe Sable? She's kind of opposite Mero so maybe it's just weird positioning here. Plus she has kind of a leopard print choker on which would go with the "Wild Man" gimmick and music Mero had.
Jarrett?
Will Sasso as Steve Austin
Owen
Savio Vega
Davey Boy (I thought his positioning was also weird, but he's opposite Neidhart in the same row and the rest of the Hart Foundation between them)
Regal

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 9, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LOL I just noticed Santa Claus in the bottom right. Don't know how I missed that every other time I looked at it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seams posted:

Also Kross is already 35 so he's another older guy getting a push.

Here's Karrion Kross getting a peek into his own future:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBJnyL-7IDA

Lol doesn't even get an intro then just disappears vaporizes

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mad Kurt's other twitter stuff got old quickly but this one is pretty good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope nobody shows him Lance Storm's terrible chair shots which killed American wrestling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Get The F In

https://twitter.com/WWFDemperio/status/1370458757961023488

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

is that the same guy who said he was bringing back both WCW and ECW

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao is this the dude who brought back WCW

I sure as hell hope so. Those twitter accounts eventually disappeared, didn't they? Wonder how long this one sticks around.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

Huh, TIL Xavier Woods has children

Same and like Xavier, they seem to be very great. Expert timing from that wee babby.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

More like Maki Uh Oh 😬

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Power Windows posted:

I think the 90 days doesn't apply if the contract runs out.

In that case, they'll release him one day before his contract runs out so he still gets hit with the 90-day no-compete clause.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Was the Flatliner what he called the Edgecution, or was that a different finisher. Feeling like maybe he called that the Downward Spiral.

Flatliner was Downward Spiral, I think maybe the electric chair drop was the Edgecution?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

In the right hands this could be handled really well and be a great piece of a storyline but, unfortunately, everything is in literally all of the wrong hands.

Do you think if Orton punts him again he'll go back to Husky Harris? Is this like a cartoon where you get hit on the head to lose your memory and get hit on the head again to bring it back?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

This is beautiful, a glorious addition to the Lore of the Fiend

The Lore of the Meme

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Raskolnikov38 posted:

should have saved this one for the the next time they do a tribute to the troops and hope some general with a stick up his rear end demands he get fired

Isn't there like zero military interaction with those shows now? Used to be they'd fly over to a base or whatever and do a show. Now they're just regular shows like Raw or Smackdown, aren't they?

Could be misremembering, or maybe it was just a COVID Times thing, but I felt like the last few were very much not like what they used to be 10 years ago.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Apparently Thunder Rosa has a son who just had his first match and also wears the half sugar skull face paint.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1375645965097525249

Pretty fuckin cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Replace Hulk Hogan with this child.

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan/status/1376237447491772416?s=10

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Psychepath posted:

That entire room is a crime but lol at the kid saying the poster lets him keep up with his measurements while it's mounted above the baseboard and he thinks he's 3 feet tall.

That's how they figure out everybody's worked heights

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if Michael Cole would ever leave WWE at this point, and if he'd be able to escape his history of being reviled. I think we all (or mostly) agree that he can obviously be good when Vince isn't in his ear and I'd be interested in hearing him work when it's outside of an entirely soul-crushing, demeaning company of fools.

https://twitter.com/AlistairMcG/status/1376606331839209472

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I never blame Michael Cole for the bad commentary. I can only imagine what sort of nightmare it is to have Vince constantly spouting utter shite in your ear.

Yeah, after hearing that he could actually be good I stopped being able to really poo poo on him. The Heel Cole storyline sucked because it ran on too long but it started in a fun place – as with everything else, though, they ran it into the ground and it made the show insufferable to listen to for a long, long time.

If he ever leaves and wants to tell some stories, I'm sure he's got some wild ones to tell.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There's a weird glitch in the Hogan clip and I can't tell if it's edited to make it sound insane or if he actually said that, because I can't think of any reason he'd say "I'm gonna get off by cranking your knob" other than "cocaine" but even still.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I loved Ryback before we all knew he was a dumb idiot in real life because he did that stupid thing with his arms while yelling FEED ME MORE and would slap his head and yell STUPID. Such a perfect little idiotic wrestling meatball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheKingslayer posted:

Fans at the time seemed legit pissed at the gently caress finish in the Cena vs Ryback last man standing match when Ryback drilled Cena through the light rig.

That seemed like when it was the point of no return on his heat.

Yeah, now that you mention it this does ring a bell as the "Ah, they're just loving it up again" moment