Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Supreme Allah posted:

When you consider the damage to the car and that they used the jaws of life to get him out, this wasn't just some random little skid, that vehicle went through some poo poo

I don't know this twitter but this is what's floating around atm

https://twitter.com/zachleft/status/1364315972857856004

This is me in Tiger Woods PGA Tour when accuracy is my dump stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Open fractures of his right tibia and fibula. They inserted rods and pins. Sounds like he may have developed compartment syndrome, too.

quote:

"Mr Woods suffered significant orthopaedic injuries to his right lower extremity that were treated during emergency surgery," he said.

"Communicated open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilised by inserting a rod into the tibia.

"Trauma to the muscle and soft-tissue of the leg required surgical release of the covering of the muscles to relieve pressure due to swelling."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/tiger-woods-confirms-significant-injury-on-right-leg-car-crash/13188882

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 24, 2021

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
He's not doing anything fun for about a year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
He got that one incredible Masters win a few years ago. That said, he is done.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

What guy who has like 100 million dollars is driving himself around, that's weird as hell. Doesn't he have some guy who follows him around in a car at all times and acts as a personal driver?

Must have been blown out of his mind

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Wonder what his handicap is

God dammit the one decent golf pun to be made out of all of this! Not being able to make that joke - that's the real tragedy here.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

AHH F/UGH posted:

What guy who has like 100 million dollars is driving himself around, that's weird as hell. Doesn't he have some guy who follows him around in a car at all times and acts as a personal driver?

The sheriff was quoted as saying he didn't seem impaired. I wonder if mandatory drug and alcohol tests are required.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

John_A_Tallon posted:

I dunno sitting and drinking sounds pretty good IMO.

E: dude also has enough money to pay someone to wheel him around.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
wowww he got that hosed up in a 65k dollar big rear end SUV. really gotta to rethink the huge plans i had to buy a Hyundai lmao

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I suggest this Tiger Woods fellow could do with some serious counseling. What in the ever loving heck is wrong with him (aside from the runny legs?)? If I had 800 million you could not pay me enough for the car somebody drove me around in to be a Hyundai.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It seems like fame was a real albatross around his neck.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Crossposting from the warning sign thread.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I hope I never reach a point in life where if a normal thing happens I don't have 350 million people analyzing tire skid marks from a satellite and creating 3D holographic simulations to be broadcast on primetime talking poo poo like "hah hah hah get a load of this guy, involved in a fender bender, he must have spent the last 48 hours in a coke and sex fueled bender, that is the only logical conclusion"

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

Dignity Van Houten posted:

I hope I never reach a point in life where if a normal thing happens I don't have 350 million people analyzing tire skid marks from a satellite and creating 3D holographic simulations to be broadcast on primetime talking poo poo like "hah hah hah get a load of this guy, involved in a fender bender, he must have spent the last 48 hours in a coke and sex fueled bender, that is the only logical conclusion"

This, but the exact opposite.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

that guy seems badass

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If you're playing the most boring and uninteresting "sport" in the world as a profession, I'd at least hope your private life is nothing but orgies and drugs.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sounds like he got a hole in one of his legs where the bone is poking through

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol, try 800 million

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I, too, want mediocrity and obscurity. Too bad I'm Tiger "King of The Land And Sky" Woods.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
tiger is so rich he could find someone desperate enough and pay them to crash like that

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

It seems like fame was a real albatross around his neck.

It's par the course

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sjs00 posted:

his dumbass should be only allowed to drive golf carts now

BREAKING: Eldrick “Tiger” Woods died today after flipping a 2002 Club Car at Trump National. Toxicology reports show he was under the influence of Ambien, Xanax, Vicodin, THC, and a couple of Miller Lites, but the ultimate cause of death was an overdose of crack cocaine.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Just a good ol' boy...

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Supreme Allah posted:

When you consider the damage to the car and that they used the jaws of life to get him out, this wasn't just some random little skid, that vehicle went through some poo poo

I don't know this twitter but this is what's floating around atm

https://twitter.com/zachleft/status/1364315972857856004

this is what happens when you let some drunk rear end in a top hat play through, and the divots they leave just completely wreck the green

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This is what playing golf for decades without wearing a helmet does to you :sigh:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
This is what you get when you drive an SUV you call "General Lee".

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

If you're playing the most boring and uninteresting "sport" in the world as a profession, I'd at least hope your private life is nothing but orgies and drugs.

Tiger doesn't play cricket

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

sounds like he got a hole in one of his legs where the bone is poking through

lol

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

What guy who has like 100 million dollars is driving himself around, that's weird as hell.

There are lots of rich celebrities that are also car guys who use cool/interesting/old cars as daily drivers, but my guess is that if you're driving around in a bland Hyundai SUV you probably don't fall into the "automotive enthusiast" caregory, in which case yeah, just get a personal driver.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

what exactly do you think a fender bender is, because it is not a single-vehicle accident where you go careening off the road and flip your vehicle without ever applying the brakes

that is not a "normal thing" to "happen"

what a weird, bad and dumb post you have made here

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just a small fender bender, the car is totaled with the front completely crumpled up. lmao.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

John_A_Tallon posted:

Hookers and blow still count

Lolie posted:

The sheriff was quoted as saying he didn't seem impaired. I wonder if mandatory drug and alcohol tests are required.

Not for the wealthy/elite/famous

Fame Douglas posted:

Just a small fender bender, the car is totaled with the front completely crumpled up. lmao.

It will buff right out

I think the rules/contract stipulations are since he sponsors the Genesis Open (with his “Foundation” he has to drive one of their cars around for at least that week).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Klyith posted:

Seeing the OP picture: "oh poo poo he went off an embankment cliff and nose-dived 50 feet or something..."

hmmmmmmm

That's the other side of the road, where incoming traffic usually is. Not sure exactly what the median is like there but whatever it is he hit it at great speed and flew right over, if that news picture is too be believed

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Fame Douglas posted:

Um true or false the fender is bent??

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

That's the other side of the road, where incoming traffic usually is. Not sure exactly what the median is like there but whatever it is he hit it at great speed and flew right over, if that news picture is too be believed

This seems to be the location his car got out of control: https://goo.gl/maps/XAFBCSxvDSvMBgzPA

Clearly an extremely challenging stretch of road only the most experienced drivers could ever be expected to traverse safely.

Salt Fish posted:

Um true or false the fender is bent??

Well, I guess you're right.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fame Douglas posted:

This seems to be the location his car got out of control: https://goo.gl/maps/XAFBCSxvDSvMBgzPA

Clearly an extremely challenging stretch of road only the most experienced drivers could ever be expected to traverse safely.

bet you think he was hopped up on goofballs, huh? you think he snorted half a bottle of glue before he drove? you think he was doing whippets as the accident happened? you sick freak and your assumptions

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

No you see, its down will and that’s an extreme downhill slope.
And it was morning and there was an oil spill an hour before. And black ice.

I can’t wait until they pull the data recorder from the GV80 and show he was doing 120+

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If two wheels are left touching the ground it might still be a fender bender.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
He is rich enough to get those metal pants tony stark made don cheadle. Don't worry everyone, he will be doing hard hits on the white ball soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's obviously possible to fall asleep at the wheel without drugs being involved, and I've known people who've been in some pretty horrific crashes as a result--two barely had a scratch, and one died. With Tiger's previous multi-drug DUI and all the back surgeries he's had over the years though, it's pretty loving normal to think pain pills were likely involved.