Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, going through this with a friend. He gets annoyed at drunk people but he himself drinks constantly because he thinks he's different and special and functional (no job, plays ff14 all day).

MMORPGs are the new opiate of the masses. Besides actual opioids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Tim Whatley posted:

Turns out the best iron to get out of the rough is the jaws of life

Oh snap!

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

He's not doing anything fun for about a year.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Sammus posted:

This raises an interesting question. Since he ruined what little career he has left in this thing, and the whole world is going to know the car Tiger ruined himself in, does this count as a positive or a negative for his sponsor? Or will they drop his rear end for making their car look bad?

That car kept his drugged up irresponsible driving busted up old man body from getting turned into paste. I'd say that's a good advertisement.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Are we already all done with the ghoulish jokes about Woods surviving a crash that he probably won't ever be held criminally accountable for?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

hi, i'm tiger's surgeon and i have good news and bad news.

the good news: we saved tiger's leg!
the bad news: we couldn't save the rest of him!

which leg?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Anyway, how’s Tiger doing?

He's still got a driver's license.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Klyith posted:

honestly if a person is dui and they crash and have severe life-altering injuries as a result, and nobody else was hurt or damaged in any way, I'm kinda ok letting it slide

He shouldn't have a license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Klyith posted:

if he was high on pills yeah

if he wasn't on anything and just fell asleep at the wheel? in most places that's not a crime, or only a major crime if you hurt someone else.

There was a report of him nearly hitting someone on his way out of the parking lot, and he was 3 months into recovery from some other surgery for his hosed up back.

It shouldn't take a major crime to pull someone's license. It should be something that happens when they show they're unsafe. Like when they nearly turn themselves into Tinned Tiger Meat.