Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Its my favorite party joke and its pretty terrible, but the context is important. It was told to me by a matronly grandmother lady probably in her late 70s, at some BBQ picnic thing I was at. Imagine your grandmother telling you this joke.

There is an accident and a guy's wife ends up in a coma in the hospital. After a week or two the doctors are stumped, not sure how to revive her. They talk with the husband, suggesting maybe he can sit with her and read a favorite book, or even just the newspaper. The husband is willing to try anything, so yeah... Doctors say we will be in the next room monitoring her signs. Unfortunately nothing changes. The docs say they will discuss it and come up with another plan.

The next week they suggest he holds her hand, brushes her hair, talk to her, etc, maybe the physical contact from her husband will work. Husband is a-okay with that. Docs say they will monitor from the next room. Again though, nothing changes. The doctors again say they will discuss it and see what they can suggest.

Third week, and the docs suggest that though this is very personal, maybe some oral stimulation could cause a reaction. Husband is all in, anything at this point. Again, docs say they will be in the next room monitoring. The docs leave.

Monitoring from the next room, the docs are watching vital signs. Suddenly the heart rate monitor goes from beep...beep...beep, to BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP and then a flatline...
They rush into the patient's room...

The husband is buck naked totally panicked out. They ask what happened. His reply:

"I think she choked."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
There is an old joke you'll hear at summer camp, etc. The play is to con a target into participating. Years ago it was my younger cousin, while we were fishing with my dad, uncles, etc. He was a lovely obnoxious 15 year old at the time (very decent guy now years later) but was bragging about how he was the best at catching fish etc. Annoying teenager crap. So I launch the joke, that I learned at the hands of my dad and uncles, so everyone is in on it.

Hey here is a story, a parable of sort that can teach enlightenment. There was an ancient tribe of people that worshipped three gods. They had totems of each god in their village, and when they worshipped they would bow to each in order repeating the god's names, and then repeating over and over and over. Its almost a riddle, but if you can figure it out you learn some insight. What you have to do is repeat the names like the people in the tribe did, out loud, and if you do it enough you will learn the secret of the story.

The three god's names were Owah, Tina, and Siam. So if you want, just start repeating those names over and over. It doesn't work if you do it in your head, it has to be spoken out loud.

He takes the bait and starts saying over and over "Owah, Tina, Siam", for like 15 minutes. And we are ribbing him on to say it faster and louder and we are all chuckling to ourselves listening to him while we fish. Even his dad, my uncle, was egging him on.

Finally he caught on and called us a bunch of assholes.

Oh what an rear end I am. for 15 minutes.