Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Anyone else get the feeling Okkotsu isnt really trying to kill Itadori?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Jerkface posted:

He just stabbed him in the heart with a sword, OP

I mean people surviving a stabbing in the chest is a fairly common trope tbh...

Why does Okkotsu stop Rika from killing Itadori outright? Why tell Rika they are just playing? Why does Okkotsu say this is going to be hard? Okkotsu should absolutely wipe the floor with Itadori tbh.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Everyone knows that killing Itadori means tangling with Sukuna, I probably wouldn't want to leave it to chance or my shikigami given how he's magic'd his way out of death before. Restraining and confusing him seems like a good strategy to keep Yuji in the drivers seat to deliver the killing blow vs allowing Sukuna to show up.

Having a shikigami snap his neck seems like a better way to kill Itadori than stabbing him the heart tbh. Itadori has already survived having his heart crushed by Sukuna, idk why stabbing him in the heart would seem more effective. Especially given the jujutsu sorcerers already know that it's not an actual death sentence for Itadori.

Silver2195 posted:

Akutami has called Okkotsu "indecisive." I think Okkotsu himself isn't sure whether he's trying to kill Itadori or not.

It feels more like a test to see whether Itadori gets taken over by sukuna or not at this point.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

i flunked out posted:

Anyone else get the feeling Okkotsu isnt really trying to kill Itadori?

Yup.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I would be down for Maki to take the Toji Fushiguro role.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
edit:^^^^^ What he said

ChaseSP posted:

The Major clans in general are assholes who hold manifestation of their techniques over all else, them looking down on heavenly restrictions makes plenty of sense given how much it fucks with that.

Hevenly restriction to eliminate all cursed energy in a person applied to all humans would lead to the end of the jujutsu sorcerers altogether. Its straight up a threat to their role in society.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
It looks alot like the sword Toji used to cut up Geto's strongest spirit

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Jerkface posted:

get their asses

hell yeah

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I know its the manga thread, but preview 2 is out. I hope its reflective of the art we will see in the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buIGU86FYFU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just realized that Judgeman might be good for information gathering if it lines up right, cause there's no way Higuruma should have knowledge of Sukuna, right? Or hell Yuji entering the pachinko parlor.

Yeah, it's incredibly broken as an information gathering technique, especially if he can just turn off the punishment as he has appeared to.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

I agree, seemed like a nice emotional moment that made me even more pumped for a sweet entrance by Hakari.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Yeah he will definitely be his own most vocal critic when it comes to deciding whether to use sukuna's technique or not.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
the buildup of my least favorite character getting powerups was worth it for the panels of the sumo kappa getting his stick and bindle ready then putting on the sunglasses.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
He's gonna toss it over to Maki in a brilliant moment of torch passing.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This was hype as poo poo. gently caress Naoya.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
holy smokes.

edit: goddamn

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Taima posted:

btw Sukuna implies that Yuji is a reincarnated sorcerer in this chapter I'm pretty sure.

Was wondering why this wasn't more talked about tbh.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Official is out and whoooooo boy let's start the speculation about what Sukuna is talking about in regards to yuji being from that time... Idk, it doesn't really feel like yuji is a reincarnated sorcerer, it feels more like he is just straight up from the past.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Sukuna is supremely cruel and I've got to admit, I'm here for it.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Char posted:

Wait, Yuuji swapped souls with Kusakabe in that training segment

Was wondering if that was a translation issue, because if so that seems huge.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This chapter feels like we just skipped a bunch of actually kind of important plot points in a rush to move forward. Basically what Fabricated posted up the page:

Fabricated posted:

What's funny is that the remaining fingers were teased a bit but then unceremoniously pitched. I imagine the last finger will be part of the resolution.

It's felt that there has been some teasing of alot of elements of whats coming up, but then just sort of dropped into the story as if the hints were enough to go on. The fingers, Ino's final technique having some renewed relevance, Yuji being able to transfer souls... These sort of things have been speculated on and hinted at, but are now just sort of being tossed into the plot...

Tosk posted:

With how fast this is all going, I kind of wonder what Gege Akutami is feeling about the series. This almost feels like they're under pressure to end or feeling some intense burnout.

Exactly. It feels like it's rushing just to get the series over with and done...

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Nobara will show up with half a brain, drooling and serving as a one-armed Todo's high five buddy for their dramatic return

Honestly with the way things are going, it feels like we're just going to get a scene of everyone at Nobara's grave with no other context provided

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
That sounds exactly like something sukuna would do.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Tosk posted:

We saw that Mahoraga was adapting to the applications of Sukuna's cut CT individually at Shibuya, didn't we?

Someone a few posts back mentioned that we never saw what Gojo actually did with Toji's inverted spear of heaven and in 228 we see Gojo state pretty explicitly that he knew he was going to have to deal with Mahoraga at some point.

He probably thought he could oneshot him but one would think he'd have some kind of contingency plan in case that doesn't work out, especially given that the narrative provides the reasonably logical one I spoilered

Even if he destroyed the inverted spear of heaven toji had, that wasn't the complete spear. theres a third prong to it.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What’s up with yujis arms and hands

Bro is turning into piccolo.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

No Wave posted:

Maki is immune to a lot of domain stuff and I don't know if any of the baddies know it. The most surprising place to jump him would be in his own domain.

I agree with the maki suprise jumping sukuna in a domain is smart but don't domains provide a tricky grey area for Maki? She's immune to being trapped and sure hit, but not the physical damage in a domain right? Wouldn't Sukuna be able to take off the sure hit effect in exchange for just slashing the hell out of everything within a certain radius including maki?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Jerkface posted:

He has a cursed tool gauntlets.

Has this ever been confirmed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Fabricated posted:

A lot of the best moments in fights involving Yuji are him and somebody else kicking the absolute dogshit out of someone

This manga, above others, stresses the importance of the power of jumping people.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 15, 2024