Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Boylenflex.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

I'm here for the twilight of my discontent. Please, Silver. Deliver unto the Pistons a pick that will ascend us from the Stygian depths we've wallowed in for far too long.

sorry this is what you all get for bill laimbeer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the NBA should extend the three point line so there's a tiny amount of space, like half of a NBA player's foot between the sideline and the arc so they have to sort of prance around on their tippy toes if they want to take corner threes.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 2, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

Imagine how good the bulls will be when coby reaches Payne level

You better watch it mister

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

piss story

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

although this forum has so rudely IGNORED my proposal to Save Basketball by moving the three point line back enough so there's mere inches of room between the arc and the sideline to make them go on tippy toes to shoot corner threes, i am still generously offering free ideas to save this sport from Stagnation and Ruin.

After announcing that the dunk contest will be filled with unknown jabronis that nobody cares about, I have decided that it is time to replace it. But what to replace it with? A Layup Contest. A series of Beguiling Obstacles and a large and complicated apparatus will be set up under the hoop with moving dowels and poles at strange angles, forcing players to contort themselves to try to get a layup that has to go under, over, around, and maybe even through the impediments and into the hoop. i would like to see kyrie irving put up a layup that has to go around three poles while jumping over an obstacle and finishing over a man in a rub a dub tub. i would like to see derrick rose attempting to put up a layup when the entire restricted area is now a confusing web of strings and ribbons without getting stuck in it. i am not a crackpot.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

another one of my brilliant, NBA-saving ideas free to all of you in this thread.

replace shaq on inside the nba with jim boylen.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

but have either of them ever shut down the whole dang league

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's time for looney tunes to introduce their greatest marketing trick: a t-shirt with the tasmanian devil wearing a backwards cap.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Play it, John. Play “Roundball Rock.”

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ah gently caress i thought the all star poo poo was tonight like usual but i guess they're doing everything tomorrow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

From here on out in order to win MVP you have to make a diss track against the other canidates.

What I'm saying is Miles Bridges for MVP.

i'm ready to honor the nba's preeminent rapping talent, denzel valentine

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bone Toes-n-Harmony

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JUST VAX THEM THERE ARE LIKE 600 NBA PLAYERS

e: to be honest i am shocked nba players haven't already been low-key vaccinated

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

getting hyped for the all-star game only to remember that it is the most dogshit basketball possible.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the all-star game is a bunch of guys walking back and forth doing a layup line for 3 hours, it's not even close to basketball which is why they should get rid of it, just have NBA Party Weekend every year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it would extremely funny is somehow blake ended up on phoenix

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

do blake and chris paul still hate each other

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

made an all star gdt
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3961404

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow signing a death warrant to get owned by luke kornet in the first round of the playoffs...bold

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Did I miss the dunk contest or are they doing it at halftime?

halftime

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is for you athanatos
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1368733107717730305?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

in the span of about a minute, Wardell, CP3 and dame all finished dunks and steph hit a 40 footer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

new NBA logo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I use all of those hastags on a daily basis.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1368965353729036291?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It appears meyers leonard has had a heated gaming moment

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have to go now my wife needs me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

each basket is captured and sold as an NFT on the blockchain and the point value is determined by The Market.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

should have gone with the Costanza Defense.

i was waiting for the i didn't know it was a slur i thought it was a Rude Gaming Word defense.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry meyers, but as a member of the Jewish Community, I have determined that you need to spend then next 4 years spending three times a week learning how to chant Torah portions from a severe, purple-haired woman named Gveret Pearlmutter in order to understand the pain of the Jewish People.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

are the cancel culture people going to start buying up meyers leonard topshots

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You should be able to declare The Jordan Rules for a couple of minutes and then you are allowed to handcheck people and also bring in either dale or antonio davis to do forearm shivers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ewing should enter the garden with giant kneepads just pouring buckets of sweat and he'll be fine.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lauri is looking insanely BACK right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/1370208897055797253?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

after tonight's humiliating loss to the sixers, i am going to listen to 9 hours of sixers podcasts, i will report back with 37 implausible trade scenarios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Yes but what about 10 years plus protections on the pick

drat you, kings!!! i'll never forget the luol deng trade pick.