Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"Give me the Spiderman logo but put my initials in it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

What else did the head coach say in his texts

At this year's draft a bunch of college kids are going to go pro.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ehud posted:

"It's really minimalistic. The only thing I have to focus on is training and that's the way I like it. There's no frills, there's nothing to distract you up here. It's just an empty space and a log cabin and snow."

To be fair, for a guy with that kind of money that is actually pretty reasonable.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I don't mean to shock anyone, but the Seahawks released Josh Gordon today (so he could play FCF).
https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-release-wr-josh-gordon

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Mahomes is the MVP of the league right now because he is so good and so young, but I wouldn't put him above Wilson overall until he has another couple of good years under his belt. I still won't say Brady is the GOAT but the guy wins. Rodgers and Brees are above Wilson overall, but Wilson still has the possibility of overtaking either if he plays as late as he is trying to. LOL at Ben.

But seriously, if the Seahawks let Wilson walk there is going to be an uprising here in Seattle. He is boring (yet charitable) as a personality and has plenty to prove before we start talking "all time", but he is drat good anyone would pick him above Carroll.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

a neat cape posted:

literally all of this is wrong

El Indio is overcrowded but has incredible rolled tacos, Santana's had the best California burrito before they expanded too far until they collapsed, Filippis has the best Italian in the city, Pineapple Sculpin IPA is Boundary Bay's best brew, and the Chargers will always fall short in the post season. BRING IT

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I still say the initial stories were just overblown during a slow news cycle, things that they could have just figured out internally. Now that the talking heads have made it a leading story, everyone is taking sides and the whole thing has blown in to something way bigger than it should have. The fanbase will widely side with Wilson and there would be a lot of blow back to the team if they let him leave, so he really has all the leverage and he knows that. I agree with the idea that they should make him happy this season (without selling out the future any worse) and if it doesn't pan out, trade him and tank/rebuild.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I doubt they made it a story. They tried that with Rodgers but it had no legs and just died.
There is obviously something here

There was something there, but I'm saying I don't believe it was as big enough deal that they couldn't have figured it out internally. Instead the dirty laundry got aired out meaning you get opinionated sports fans and players with hurt feelings that rile the whole thing up.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Sure, but that's if Wilson still really wants to play in Seattle, and if he hasn't seriously damaged his relationship with his o-line and possibly other teammates, and if Carroll still wants to put up with him and not get another QB. Hard to know how they all feel internally about all those things, they haven't released a statement about it yet and currently seem to be taking the neutral "not actively shopping Russ or anything, but listening to phone calls about it" stance.

I wouldn't expect Seattle to put out a statement poisoning the waters. They have said before that he is the QB and it's just been reported that they are taking calls. Everyone has a price (which is an odd thing to write), so I don't blame them, but I doubt someone will pay a high enough price from a team Wilson would be willing to play for.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Manoueverable posted:

I won't lie, the (albeit remote) possibility of a Russ for Dak trade has me somewhat intrigued and is probably the only realistic option the Hawks would have if they were hellbent on getting rid of him. Of course, since Dak is coming off a major injury I doubt the Hawks would bite.

He is young and healing up well, so I think the bigger issue is the lack of contract. I would rather get Dak than let Russ walk and play... I guess Geno Hill, but I would not want to be the team to lock him in to an elite contract without playing a snap.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Am I reading that right? $66m up front with $75m for the first year, so $141m in the first year and ~$20m total for the next 3?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Kalli posted:

Nah, it's goofing on the numbers a bit.

Ah, that makes more sense. NFL contracts are a mess.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
How bad are the FA contracts going to be this year? PFT made the good point that contracts are often structured with the idea that every year brings an additional $10m in cap, so with the $15m loss in cap teams are actually facing an offseason with $25m less cap space then they expected when they signed contracts just a year ago.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I'm assuming vet minimum in case they can't find a new QB?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Yup, last season was a performance worthy of 10x pay boost.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Doltos posted:

It fits the tune too

:thejoke:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Stolen from random Facebook page

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Football team vs football Giants is the rivalry we've always needed

As someone who rarely brings up the Giants when talking about football, it's always a pleasure to refer to them as the "New York Football Giants."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

In all this 17 game season hoopla I think we've forgotten the most important part of this discussion.

Who goes 0-17 first?

The Browns. Sure, they don't suck right now, but eventually...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Good for him. He is awesome and reliable and I wanted to see him stick around. Ironically I was just thinking yesterday that the $15m/3yr contract he is currently on is a huge bargain. I wonder if there has been any progress on the Adams extension.