Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
this is iterative advancement on general number field sieve and i dont think the polytime argument goes thru because the poo poo hes claiming is iid is not iid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
also the empirical results are comparing w straight face a result from 1993

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
like, if you have a real beefy for an academic thing you can factor semiprimes on the order of 2^1000something straightforwardly. the nsa w its datacenter in utah can probably squeeze out a hundred or so extra bits of size. you need something like 2^3000ish to start breaking poo poo that peeps use for money. theyre demoing on 10^14

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we dunno the relation of np completeness w factoring. factoring would be whacked by quantum computers whereas we dunno if np complete would be whacked

quantum computers will realistically take 10 figures and 3 decades of investment before a decent one becomes available to intelligence agencies. its not gonna be a general compute dealio, its gonna be shoved into application specific poo poo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the only thing that anybody sane will guarantee you will never be cracked is one time pad. good luck actually doin one time pad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it used to be that the govt crypto agencies were far far ahead of commercial and academic everything but hey guess what the nsa pays the equation group 75k usd and google pays its interns, annualized, 90k usd

just mysteriously, the commercial places got good peeps too