Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Your Moment was sold
Success
Devonte' Graham, 3 Pointer, Dec 15 2021, Legendary, #84
USD $1,949.00

wow

That's way more than I thought I could get.

edit: TopShot must be in a really good place, because I couldn't get nearly this much for my previous legendaries. I had to sell them all for sub $1000 prices (Connaughton for way below that) because nothing higher was moving and I really didn't want to have that much money tied up in topshot, at least not in a single moment.

Missed on the MGLE queue. Got over 8000

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

got a Kemba MGLE. despite my past bonkers collector score this is the first MGLE pack I've ever gotten.

EDIT: when do new moments unlock? I wanna list this bad boy

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 25, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

struck out so far. Can't remember the last time there was a Legendary/Rare combo drop and I didn't get a pack. I don't like it!

drat, struck out!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 25, 2022

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Just got my invite to the NFL ALL DAY closed beta. What's the current thread thoughts on it's viability to turn some money in the first I dunno 6 months? Basically I'm looking to flip packs, not collect.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just got my invite to the NFL ALL DAY closed beta. What's the current thread thoughts on it's viability to turn some money in the first I dunno 6 months? Basically I'm looking to flip packs, not collect.

there's no marketplace and no release date for it, so there's nothing to flip right now.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

Got in too, I assume it's because of the Curry moment I bought earlier today :v:

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I got in today as well. Haven't touched anything in a few months.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fate Accomplice posted:

there's no marketplace and no release date for it, so there's nothing to flip right now.

hmmmmm I'll look at it, might try a pack and hold till a market opens then go from there, thanks!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

a Shohei Ohtani just sold for $100,000 on mlb.candy.com. It was a 1 out of 1 so it was an extremely rare, but if candy.com is going to take off as the official digital trading card for MLB, all the current cards out there are very rare and prices are decent. For example, "Uncommon" cards come in runs of 120 it looks like, which is nearly the equivalent of a legendary on TopShot. I'm looking at a Shane Bieber right now that's $160 https://mlb.candy.com/marketplace/4253bca0-81ee-4d96-afcb-65a53c9ce644?page=1 (whoops, I bought that card for $230 the other day... it's one of my two cards)

The marketplace is still fairly rudimentary compared to TopShot. You can't filter by card type or sort by price or anything. I guess Bieber isn't that sexy because the same card for Vladdy Jr is over $1000.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

oh looks like I finally got into the NFL one too. Had an email about playoff packs dropping at 4pm today, although they're not listed on the website. Site is basic like the MLB candy one

I don't care about the NFL at all really, so I'll probably buy the first pack I can and then just sit on the cards for a year or two to see if they go anywhere

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

a Shohei Ohtani just sold for $100,000 on mlb.candy.com. It was a 1 out of 1 so it was an extremely rare, but if candy.com is going to take off as the official digital trading card for MLB, all the current cards out there are very rare and prices are decent. For example, "Uncommon" cards come in runs of 120 it looks like, which is nearly the equivalent of a legendary on TopShot. I'm looking at a Shane Bieber right now that's $160 https://mlb.candy.com/marketplace/4253bca0-81ee-4d96-afcb-65a53c9ce644?page=1 (whoops, I bought that card for $230 the other day... it's one of my two cards)

The marketplace is still fairly rudimentary compared to TopShot. You can't filter by card type or sort by price or anything. I guess Bieber isn't that sexy because the same card for Vladdy Jr is over $1000.

I grabbed the WS winning play for like $25 when it dropped just as a lotto ticket, we'll see if Candy takes off. Anyways here's a tweet about top shot

https://twitter.com/Nomaticcap/status/1486855665054146562

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
According to current valuations, I just lost $17 buying 4 moments to get a Kevin Love challenge reward that's worth $11

I'm not good at this

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:lol: That's the most worthless one i've seen so far. But even if you only sell those four moments for $2 each that's still a profit!!

For those challenges, you need the following things to really do well:
* you already have all the cards or you only need cheap 60k cards, or
* if a bottleneck guy comes out of nowhere you gotta grab him live, and
* if a predictable bottleneck guy comes through, you better have bought him the moment the challenge was announced

s1 debut cards of stars are worth a lot more now because sometimes they count for the Hard challenges. My Garland/Bam/Embiid all went up big bucks. I sold the Garland and Bam for +$200 each. I think some of these challenges should be more mixed, like instead of all rares you need 1-2. Would put some lower mints on these metallic silvers.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I know this thread is kinda dead and TS has been selling extremely overpriced mixed packs for the last month, but just wanted to share I got my coolest card ever!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nice! I pretty much had to hold a gun to my head to talk myself into it but I bought a pack and got an RJ Barrett 9999 which...well, is not that inspiring but at least it wasn't 4 60ks, and it was a guy I needed.

e: I hope they add some utility to mint counts someday because right now there's not really any difference between 9999 and 60k or the S2 equivalents.

e2: I just realized that's jersey number very nice

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 25, 2022

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

my MO has become buy all the packs they let me and list the base set CCs for $5.

the floor is $1-2, but inevitably these dudes get included in one of these flash challenges and people buy them all up.

I've had good luck with the new smaller sets too, get 3-5 of them each weekly drop.

today I also got an email that TS airdropped me 4 extra packs for...no reason I could discover.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The air drops were probably for complete sets, right? Pack pages say which give you what. I have the Seeing Stars set and my Barnes came in one of the three free airdropped packs I got for that.

But I didn’t actually buy any standard packs… Just picked up Rising Stars set cards for $13 (Bey), $15 (McDaniels), and $16 (Green), but they were charging $19 for a less than 50% chance to even get a RS card. They’re really turning people off with these pack prices right now ☹️

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

They recently did airdrops for a whole bunch of completed sets. I have 66 moments and am nowhere near completing any sets because I just like catching all the basketball pokemons.

They said a while ago that they wanted to transition to be more like buying traditional physical card packs where it is normal to get all crap and more like a lottery ticket to get something good which...I guess, but I hope they don't kill the golden goose since they're not bringing new users in.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 25, 2022

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

The air drops were probably for complete sets, right? Pack pages say which give you what.

sharknado slashfic posted:

They recently did airdrops for a whole bunch of completed sets.

Seeing Stars is the only complete set I have, glad to see it's still paying dividends.

Still mad I didn't finish Cool Cats a year ago, that Luka for $1500 was totally worth it given the final challenge reward.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I figure the lakers all star VIP 1/1 NFT will be the most expensive of them all, but so far $12K feels cheap for 5 years worth of VIP all star game treatment. if I had $10K in my dapper wallet I'd bid on the Celtics when they come up on march 20.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I have $1.55 left in dapper and my whole endgame now is to snag a Des Bane 60k for a dollar. Why I chose this I don't know. Other then that I'm not spending any more money on this unless they make some changes.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pulled a Mike Evans legendary in the week 14 nfl all day drop and today it sold for 2700 so I still love this stupid poo poo

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Pulled a Mike Evans legendary in the week 14 nfl all day drop and today it sold for 2700 so I still love this stupid poo poo

None of my NFL stuff is eligible to sell, are they opening it up for some people I guess?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Seems weird. Marketplace has been open for almost 2 weeks outside of during pack drops

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

On the regular allday page there's no sell button. You have to click on Marketplace and then you can go back to your collection again to sell.

Most allday packs suck. I sold out of there.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fast Luck posted:

On the regular allday page there's no sell button. You have to click on Marketplace and then you can go back to your collection again to sell.

Ah yep that series of actions worked for me, looking at prices I'd only be selling for ~35 currently so I'm gonna hope that the prices go up but not looking great!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

the all day website is real bad and I don't understand why its so terrible when the topshot one is pretty ok (if cluttered)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

the all day website is real bad and I don't understand why its so terrible when the topshot one is pretty ok (if cluttered)

Yeah I've been trying to figure that out too. It's like it's made by totally different people.

I sold my Barnes rookie to buy AD stuff, the good news for my wallet is there weren't enough actual Ravens players left at the end of the season to have moments.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

drat I actually got a Lebron James throwdown dunk

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Same!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

wow nice!! Can't believe you both got that card. I got DJJ lol, but oh well, it's a break even with that moment alone and the pack also had a Moody debut. One of the more promising rookies to not have a Rising Stars moment I think.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

TS definitely is not so hot anymore. but it's spicy!! Heh.

Anyway they retooled a bit after the last month of lotto packs and over minting that crashed the market, and came out with the "Extra Spicy" set, dunno if any of you bought. I really like it. I think they've reconfigured their new packs here to be a bit more in line with the reality of the userbase and it's working. This was a common set minted to only 6500 and all the plays are the flashiest plays of the year like trick moves or celebratory dances. Packs were $19 and the worst moments from it are going for $19, with several $50+. in other words it was guaranteed profits like the old days with even some chance of making 50 bucks or so. Nice!

in other news I finally had 350 trade tickets and got my s1 pack, the 1000 LE was Langston Galloway lmao. Did get s1 Trae and s1 Booker though to help salvage it a bit, neither is a debut or anything

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

today TS replaced collector score with Top Shot Score, which is the sum of each of your moments' MAX(avg sale price, price you paid) x 10.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I have no idea what a good number is!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think it's like 200k or something. I liquidated most of my NBA/NFL stuff a bit ago so mine is around 7k heh.

e: 4k :rip:

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 20, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm just over 200k plus a 30k early adopter bonus so hope you're right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

turns out it's 150k to qualify for the Magic Johnson rare/legendary drop.