Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ngl if someone at Time Warner manages to smuggle a reference to a "Chaos Dunk" in there and I'd be very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think its impossible to update the joke and just make him "French Heart-throb who's into PDA," without the "romanticizing sexual aggression and assault," bit. Just leave the poor cat alone and give him a consensual partner who puts him in his place when he takes it too far. Make it a Gomez Addams and Morticia thing.

:hmmyes:

Not only does this diffuse the whole "making Pepe a martyr" thing but:

1. We're starved for good Gomez/Morticia dynamics anyway.
2. You get a cool new marketable character to make toys out of.
3. You double-dog dare anyone to actually out and say "I prefer Pepe le Pew when he's a pushy sexual predator."
4. It sounds like it could actually be modern and funny.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah Johnny Bravo is ultimately owned by TimeWarner Media. Cartoon Network is owned by Turner Broadcasting which is owned by Warner Media which is a branch of TimeWarner.

I'm not surprised he's never seen a revival though. Kind-of hard to have a good laugh about sexually aggressive meatheads when things have... not gotten better in the last 20 years.