Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In DC there’s a lot of businesses selling stickers that will give you a discount or extra gifts if you show your V-card.

If you know what I mean, good.

If not, this message isn’t for you.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Got my second shot this morning, starting to feel a little sore and getting that kind of pre-cold funk where you aren't really sick yet but feel kind of drained and "off". Got my schedule for tomorrow cleared just in case.

Fuckin' A, that was a rough 24 hours. Just super bad body aches, no fever or congestion or anything else. I wasn't even really tired, I just laid in bed most of the day because it hurt to move (there's a crucial difference between "thinking you have Tylenol at home" and "actually having Tylenol at home", so I eventually had to shamble down the street to the drug store to get some). I've had one flu shot before where I felt pretty lovely the next day, but nothing like this. And then this morning I felt fine.

e: Moderna

Wingnut Ninja fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 24, 2021

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

Got the second Pfizer give-your-dick-5G shot yesterday. Despite feeling like I was going to have a cold following the first shot, number 2 has been a nothingburger. Not even a sore arm.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My wife got her second shot, so fat the worst thing she experience is hearing a bunch of army people talk about crypto currency.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Only issue I had with my second Pfizer early this month was the sore arm and really bad tinnitus that woke me up, and kept me up for the day.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I had my second Moderna shot on Thursday. Friday I could feel the 5Gs rewriting my DNA into Windows 95. Had chills, a headache, just general acheyness. Saturday I feel fine. :shrug:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Fuckin' A, that was a rough 24 hours. Just super bad body aches, no fever or congestion or anything else. I wasn't even really tired, I just laid in bed most of the day because it hurt to move (there's a crucial difference between "thinking you have Tylenol at home" and "actually having Tylenol at home", so I eventually had to shamble down the street to the drug store to get some). I've had one flu shot before where I felt pretty lovely the next day, but nothing like this. And then this morning I felt fine.

e: Moderna

that was the injected microchips picking up the 5g cellular signal and rewriting your dna to turn you into an antifa supersoldier. your paycheck from george soros will be in the mail

I felt the same way when I got my second shot, felt off the first 6 hours, then absolute shitfuck hell for 24, then back to perfectly normal like nothing happened.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 29, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Getting my second moderna today. Going to finally cut my hair to celebrate.

Also got 800mg of edibles to make sure I sleep through whatever side effects.

Bring on the 5G.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Got mine Vaccine You
I am still masking up until my wife is 100% vacinated.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Moderna #2 is kicking my butt right now. The injection site is very sore, and I feel really tired and heavy. Fever isn’t too bad but my forehead feels a little warm.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I got the Moderna 2 about an hour and a half ago. I think its perfectly timed just to coast through the weekend. No plans, just gonna lounge.

A lot of people today, way more than when I got the first one. But everyone working it made it run like a ticking clock. Love to see it.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I got the Moderna 2 about an hour and a half ago. I think its perfectly timed just to coast through the weekend. No plans, just gonna lounge.

A lot of people today, way more than when I got the first one. But everyone working it made it run like a ticking clock. Love to see it.

Got my Moderna 2 yesterday.

I think everyone is lying about their reactions. The closest thing I have to a symptom is my hand feels tingly, like it was asleep. Been that way for about 24 hrs now, but it isn't enough for me to think something is wrong, just a very slight "tingle".

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

ASAPI posted:

I think everyone is lying about their reactions. The closest thing I have to a symptom is my hand feels tingly, like it was asleep. Been that way for about 24 hrs now, but it isn't enough for me to think something is wrong, just a very slight "tingle".

You were rejected for the Soros funded supersoilder program. Sorry no 5G for you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Your arm is probably going to fall off. It’s a known side effect.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

ASAPI posted:

It's super variable. First pfizer hosed my arm up for about 36 hours as bad as any shot I've ever had save Anthrax. Second pfizer was no reaction. My wife had zero reaction to both shots.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Moderna 2 is really kicking my rear end. Big angry golf ball in my arm where I got the shot, low fever, body aches.

I don't yearn for death. But I do yearn for sleep, which I can't get except for maybe 20-30 minutes at a time.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

McNally posted:

Moderna 2 is really kicking my rear end. Big angry golf ball in my arm where I got the shot, low fever, body aches.

I don't yearn for death. But I do yearn for sleep, which I can't get except for maybe 20-30 minutes at a time.

I have a theory that people that were NOT exposed and I the virus are having the worst reactions.

Really hating myself for not getting tested for antibodies before the first shot. Both myself and the wife had no symptoms, but “caught a cold” early on in the pandemic. Really wondering if we both had mild cases on f the Rona and that Is why the second Moderna didn’t kill us.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I had zero symptoms from my shots. I did not have covid at any time nor was I sick at any time.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

5:38 pm (EDT) two weeks out, officially 5G activated LFG

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SquirrelyPSU posted:

5:38 pm (EDT) two weeks out, officially 5G activated LFG

I turned on my beacon but didn’t get anything back. Either your 5G is broken or mine is.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nobody said anything about a switch

They always get you with the upcharges :smith:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/TheStranger/status/1400572021793198084?s=19

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

When do I get to grow an Antenna like Bender from Futurama?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

stinkypete posted:

When do I get to grow an Antenna like Bender from Futurama?

https://imgur.com/gallery/y9sLh

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

That was funny

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I got both a flu shot and my covid booster yesterday and it still feels like I've been hit by a truck 24 hours on.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I’ve been hearing the booster has been as bad or even a little worse than the second dose. I got lucky in that while my second dose Pfizer was pretty bad with full body joint pain the booster was just injection site soreness that peaked the following morning and was mostly gone by that night.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Welp, after getting my first two doses of Pfizer in April, I joined the Moderna crew for a booster today. New CDC guidance is that mixing and matching is safe and authorized, and based on preliminary testing may produce a stronger antibody response than 3 doses of the same series.

Pfizer didn't do much to me, so let's see if Moderna kicks my rear end twice as hard.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I had j/j to start, and got a Pfizer booster. J/j rocked my loving world, but the Pfizer booster just gave me a sore arm.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Got my third Moe Juice yesterday. Sore arm, but not as bad as my first dose. Some malaise/fatigue and soreness, but largely mitigated by some Tylenol.

A++++ would get boosted again.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gonna get the 3rd round at some point soon, my 5G signal seems to be getting a bit spotty. Any recommendations for which brand of microchips?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

orange juche posted:

Gonna get the 3rd round at some point soon, my 5G signal seems to be getting a bit spotty. Any recommendations for which brand of microchips?

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1455980142149443590

Mix and match to your heart’s content, good buddy

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Seems like whatever you got before, you can't go wrong with a Moderna booster.

Got my third Moderna dose scheduled for Monday.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Got my third Moderna dose 4 weeks ago. Running a fever tonight. Fingers crossed it's anything but covid!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

orange juche posted:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#considerations-covid19-vax-booster

quote:

Individual benefit-risk considerations for selecting which booster dose to receive

For groups recommended to receive a booster, people have the option to receive any of the FDA-approved or FDA-authorized COVID-19 booster products (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna [50 µg in a volume of 0.25ml], or Janssen). People may consider the benefits and risks of each product and discuss with their healthcare provider which product is most appropriate for them.

Clinical trial data show that homologous COVID-19 booster doses (utilizing the same vaccine product for the primary series and booster dose) increase the immune response against SARS-CoV-2 and have an acceptable safety profile for all FDA-approved or FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine boosters (Pfizer-BioNTechpdf icon, Modernapdf icon [50 µg in a volume of 0.25ml], or Janssenpdf icon).

One study of heterologous (mix-and-match) booster dosing showed that all three of the FDA-approved or FDA-authorized vaccine boosters doses led to a strong serologic response in groups primed by all three vaccines. For a given COVID-19 primary vaccine series, heterologous boosters elicited similar or higher serologic responses as compared to their respective homologous booster responses.

tl;dr From the US Centers for Disease Control, getting another dose of the same vaccine type you got for the primary series is good, but mixing and matching is also good, and may even be better, but there isn't enough data to say for sure yet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arc Light posted:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html#considerations-covid19-vax-booster

tl;dr From the US Centers for Disease Control, getting another dose of the same vaccine type you got for the primary series is good, but mixing and matching is also good, and may even be better, but there isn't enough data to say for sure yet.

So get whatever wallgreens offers then.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

orange juche posted:

So get whatever wallgreens offers then.

Pretty much. When I went to Safeway on Friday - because the bastards at my local Walgreens wouldn't do walk-ins and turned me away - the pharmacist on duty asked which of the vaccines I wanted as my booster. tbh I didn't really care too much, because the best booster is whatever you can get ASAP. That said, I didn't want to take a dose of Pfizer that could be better used for kids, especially since it was just authorized for children 5 and up. Since the Moderna vaccine isn't yet approved for minors in the US, I figured that was the better choice.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I won't be eligible for my third dose until January at the earliest -- BC's doing booster eligibility starting six months after your second dose, and I got mine in mid-July. I had Moderna for doses 1 and 2 so either mRNA one is going to be solid for me, I guess.

Think I'm going to do the flu shot this weekend since the pharmacy across the street from my apartment building is doing walk-ins.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I got Pfizer one and two in February but it was never recorded and I was able to get Moderna one and two about 6 months later. Moderna was way worse and I was essentially down and out for an entire day afterwards. Guess I'll take whatever booster I can get when it's been another 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Gigavaxing over here. Kind of interested in how you actually got a second shot without the card or a proper record of the first one or did you get it done through the military and it makes a lot more sense?

Get the J&J booster to collect all the resistance.