Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I hope they start doing order pickup like Sam’s does. I agree about the crowds cant handle the moron mob. Getting gas before work though is nice, never a wait at mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kri kri posted:

I hope they start doing order pickup like Sam’s does. I agree about the crowds cant handle the moron mob. Getting gas before work though is nice, never a wait at mine.

Order pickup would be cool but the website/app usually doesn’t really align with what they have in the local warehouse so they definitely need to improve that.

I did the delivery once but I didn’t realize it was another gig economy type thing I thought it would be actual Costco delivery for some reason. When a guy pulled up with a civic and his trunk was just full of loose stuff I was like ehhh yeah won’t be doing that again.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

priznat posted:

I’m debating not renewing my Costco membership because I kind of hate going there with the parking and the crowds. I could go at a later time but that’s not convenient either!!

Apostasy!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Fatrick posted:

Apostasy!

I would never post this in the Costco thread!!

But man I just don’t like going to Costco because of the crowds. It stresses me out!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Spent most of the day doing a much needed purge of the garage. Filled up a Bagster, reorganized, got things back under control :hai:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sunday mornings are shockingly empty. Like, fewer people than mid-day weekdays.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
First nice weekend of the year. Weeded the yard, power washed the deck, and cleaned up the grill.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish a table I'm building to go behind the couch in our living room, but we will see. It started out great but I got over ambitious and it is turning into

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

priznat posted:

But man I just don’t like going to Costco because of the crowds. It stresses me out!

Just go to the Costco Business Centre (no petrol though). It's still busy, but less busy. Also they sell actual wholesaler stuff, like boxes of Milk Ways and 3 Muskateers, and that's what's important (to me).

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

priznat posted:

I hear you.

I just had an incredibly stressful week at work, and the thought of going to Costco even just for staples, sent my anxiety through the roof.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I hate going to Costco because of the people too. We were there Friday and a sample lady I was passing asked if I’d like a sample hotdog. My wife and I took one, as did the couple behind us, and then three boys ran up and found there were none left. They yelled at their mom about how three couples blocked the sample table from everyone else and ate all the hotdogs.

I didn’t, but I was really glad those brats didn’t get any :colbert:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Our 2.5 year old has grasped the concept of samples so we more or less have to go now.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The problem with regular stores is that instead of samples, they have people standing there trying to engage you in a conversation to sell cell phones

Like, I can’t imagine how target or Best Buy got roped into letting street vendors harass their customers

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You snooze you lose boys

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Next door neighbor beat me to the first mow, dammit. Should have done it yesterday but I had contractors in the yard all day in the way.

The mower fired up in the usual 3 pulls after winter; sta-bil in the gas and a Honda engine is worth the extra money. I’m past the 10 year engine warranty and wouldn’t be surprised if it lasted more than another ten.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

poisonpill posted:

The problem with regular stores is that instead of samples, they have people standing there trying to engage you in a conversation to sell cell phones

Like, I can’t imagine how target or Best Buy got roped into letting street vendors harass their customers

"My parole officer says I'm not allowed." Usually throws them off long enough that you can get beyond engagement distance before they can keep going.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Having a real morning over here.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Best of luk on ur colonoscopy

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

*Tim "The Tool, Man" noises*

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Warbird posted:

Best of luk on ur colonoscopy

I didn’t know that house calls were even an option.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Turns out it's just occlusion caused by roots.

Not in my rear end. I swear.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Purchased some cotsco golf clubs, sad they arent kirkland branded.

Any other suburban golfing dads?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I own clubs, that's about as much of a golf game as I have.

I did the first cut of the lawn yesterday, felt good. Had to do it because the neighbor did his, and made me realize how high the grass had gotten.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AFewBricksShy posted:

I own clubs, that's about as much of a golf game as I have.

I also have golf shoes I've never worn

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I gotta cut my lawn, the city dug up a patch a while back for water main repair then threw on some seed of a grass that shoots up really fast but looks horrible so I have this one patch that is out of control but the rest looks fine.

Also need to figure out what to do with old car seats that are taking up space in the garage. It is illegal to sell them here and you can’t donate them either and nobody I know personally has need of em. Can’t even recycle them anywhere near me. Guess landfill it is!

I would leave them out to see if anyone claims em but I would imagine they’d get chucked about by local teens.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Aren’t there trade-in programs from manufacturers for “expired” car seats?

I assume that we are talking children’s safety car seats, not just benches or bucket seats ripped out of an old car for some reason.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

priznat posted:

I gotta cut my lawn, the city dug up a patch a while back for water main repair then threw on some seed of a grass that shoots up really fast but looks horrible so I have this one patch that is out of control but the rest looks fine.

Also need to figure out what to do with old car seats that are taking up space in the garage. It is illegal to sell them here and you can’t donate them either and nobody I know personally has need of em. Can’t even recycle them anywhere near me. Guess landfill it is!

I would leave them out to see if anyone claims em but I would imagine they’d get chucked about by local teens.

take em out for target practice :blastu: (although this is a suspicious rural dad activity)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Beer Gay So What posted:

Purchased some cotsco golf clubs, sad they arent kirkland branded.

Any other suburban golfing dads?

I have a set of Wilson clubs that I got as a gift from a previous job. I’ve used them maybe ten times. I like golfing but being able to schedule a full day with the fellas is next to impossible.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

withak posted:

I assume that we are talking children’s safety car seats, not just benches or bucket seats ripped out of an old car for some reason.

Sadly not in the area, I googled around and there was an event where you could turn it in AND pay 30 bucks to recycle it (wtf??). But even that isn’t running now.

I heard in the US target has a recycling deal for car seats but :canada:

Beer Gay So What posted:

take em out for target practice :blastu: (although this is a suspicious rural dad activity)

drat I wish the shooting location I used to go to didn’t get closed down because of the amount of trash people just left there. As usual a bunch of dicks ruin it for everyone!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Once you become a Golfer your agenda rearranges itself such that golf becomes the most important thing to schedule

Warbird
May 23, 2012

withak posted:

Target comes to mind if you're in the states. It's only during a certain time of the year iirc.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

Warbird posted:

Target comes to mind if you're in the states. It's only during a certain time of the year iirc.

we have a canadian dad present please dont bring up target its very offensive to their culture

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh he can hop in the car and drive like an hour south at most. He'll be fine.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Beer Gay So What posted:

we have a canadian dad present please dont bring up target its very offensive to their culture

Canada killed Target in two weeks (yeah I know it was really self inflicted)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Beer Gay So What posted:

My wife was so mad at how bad they hosed up the Canada launch.

Professor Shark posted:

Canada killed Target in two weeks (yeah I know it was really self inflicted)

She woulda killed them herself if they hadn’t died first. It was such a disappointment.

It was a shame because there definitely is a big market for a less trashy Walmart option round these parts anyway. I heard Zellers was going to make a comeback??

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I used pre emergent this year for the first time. I'm expecting to see crabgrass regardless but fingers crossed

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

priznat posted:

My wife was so mad at how bad they hosed up the Canada launch.

She woulda killed them herself if they hadn’t died first. It was such a disappointment.

It was a shame because there definitely is a big market for a less trashy Walmart option round these parts anyway. I heard Zellers was going to make a comeback??

I was admittedly disappointed too. I have fond memories of Zellers because their toy section was great when I was a kid and then as a teen they had a 1950’s styled restaurant in their store for some reason that had pretty good food

Could go for a corned beef on rye right now

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I remember the zellers diners too. I always preferred the Eaton’s cafeteria though because I remember the one in Victoria having a good dessert selection :haw:

Getting a slice of pie for being good during school shopping meant I was on very best behaviour.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have a set of Wilson clubs that I got as a gift from a previous job. I’ve used them maybe ten times. I like golfing but being able to schedule a full day with the fellas is next to impossible.

Golf clubs dusty, baseball mitt crunchy, guns unshot. Stupid family.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Opening day for spring little league. They take it seriously here with an opening day parade, ceremony, everything.

Time to get out and do more catch and batting in the back yard, he needs more practice beyond 1x week and a game.

E: wearing my little league shirt in solidarity, it still fits

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Major shout out to the rad dad that rescued the shaved ice truck with his F150 and tow straps during the baseball game. We’ve had a ton of rain this week and the shaved ice truck drove right into the soggiest part of the grass.

The rain has made the yard incredibly lush. How are your yards coming along, dads?