Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Hey, here's your new Cornette quarantine thread, I guess.

Mod Edit:
This thread needs some rules and clarification, and maybe a little bit of a FAQ.

Actually it just needs one rule:

:redflag:Defense of Jim Cornette and his hateful views will not be tolerated under any circumstances.:redflag:

Rarity posted:

He's a racist sexist homophobe who was a big player in the wrestling scene in the 80s and 90s who now mostly does podcast/talking head stuff which involves saying a bunch of heinous poo poo which most people don't want to hear about so the Cornhole exists so the people who do want to talk about it can talk about how much he sucks

disaster pastor posted:

Jim Cornette is a hugely significant figure in wrestling history. He was one of the most talented managers and best talkers of the 80s and early 90s, and went on to work behind the scenes in a lot of orgs as an adviser or booker, including his own fed, Smoky Mountain Wrestling. He's less involved now, but he continues to watch and comment, and his stature in wrestling means those comments sometimes make the news.

The problem is that his comments these days tend to be racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise bigoted; we can provide plenty of examples. Having them in main threads was a huge bummer, so when it became clear that he wasn't going to improve or change, he got shunted into his own thread.

Critical posted:

this thread is 51 pages detailing how cornette has called people pedophiles because he doesn't like how they wrestle, been extremely racist towards joshi wrestlers, wished death on multiple people in a profession known for people dying early, was so racist against arabs that his co host quit, said women don't belong in the main event, said a woman shouldn't be on tv because she's a "butterface", complimented grizzly smith, who was a monster who raped his daughter, on multiple occasions, got extremely mad a cartoon dog died and then took credit for bringing him back, assaulted his coworker and then called the cops on said coworker when they got in his face at a con, was so unhinged about vince russo russo was granted a restraining order against him which he then released to the public (this was kinda funny ngl), said they should lean into the fact nyla rose is trans and have women refuse to wrestle her because she's actually a man, and once poo poo himself on commentary from drinking too much sprite

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What about Dave Mustain? Can he come in? He kinda sucks but c'mon, have you HEARD Hanger 18?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Vince MechMahon posted:

What about Dave Mustain? Can he come in? He kinda sucks but c'mon, have you HEARD Hanger 18?

Don't make me tap the sign.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

For the record, the reason Jade Cargill is an ostrich in his latest thumbnail is because her strikes are bad, and because, in Corncob's own words, she kicks like an ostrich.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shaq's hand is glowing green because every time he chops Cody, he stares at his hand like it's radioactive.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vandar posted:

For the record, the reason Jade Cargill is an ostrich in his latest thumbnail is because her strikes are bad, and because, in Corncob's own words, she kicks like an ostrich.

Ostrich kicks can kill people and lions. Yet another incredibly clever burn that isn’t a burn at all

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vandar posted:

... has Corny ever seen an Ostrich?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
just in case you were thinking that Jim Cornette could not possibly make himself look bad while tearing into Joey Ryan

he confuses "women are now more comfortable speaking up about these things" with "these things never happened before", goes on about how Back In The Day the Consenting Adult Female Fans were lining up to gently caress The Boys so none of them ever did anything improper and they especially never had relations with underage girls, and today's wrestlers have to be sex pests because they're Girly Pussies who wrestle bad so no women want to gently caress them

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I want to see an Ostrich hit Ospreay’s hidden blade on Cornette with it’s powerful neck.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
The minute I realised that Cornette wasn't the genius booker many proclaimed him to be was when he done a DVD fantasy booking how he would have done the WCW Invasion.

Somehow it was even worse than what we got.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Cornette has coasted on the indy cred reputation of SMW (that in hindsight looks to have been ill deserved), and his association with the old school NWA, which I don't think he ever had any significant role in booking? He has had high profile shots with the WWF, ROH and TNA and done gently caress all of note with any of them. By any metric he is far less successful as a booker than Vince Russo, yet he still has these fanboys clamouring to fight for his honour. How??? Were these people cryogenically frozen in 1994?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Someone explain the thread title to me. I don't listen to enough (or any) Cornette to know about his opinions on Metallica's vocalists.

My main exposure to Cornette is the Cornette thread which is where I go to whenever life seems too good and I need to be reminded Cornette exists.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Someone explain the thread title to me. I don't listen to enough (or any) Cornette to know about his opinions on Metallica's vocalists.

My main exposure to Cornette is the Cornette thread which is where I go to whenever life seems too good and I need to be reminded Cornette exists.
Bad poster from the previous thread who got a perma-ban. His name was 80's James Hatfield

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Raeg posted:

The minute I realised that Cornette wasn't the genius booker many proclaimed him to be was when he done a DVD fantasy booking how he would have done the WCW Invasion.

Somehow it was even worse than what we got.

This one is bad even for Corncob.

https://youtu.be/zU2p5CB0nso

He starts off working with the idea that this is a five hour ppv and it gets worse from there.

Hope you’re ready for Undertaker versus Funk and Big Show/Kane versus the Steiner brothers!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Undertaker losing to Terry Funk is about the only interesting Undertaker match.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Vandar posted:

This one is bad even for Corncob.

https://youtu.be/zU2p5CB0nso

He starts off working with the idea that this is a five hour ppv and it gets worse from there.

Hope you’re ready for Undertaker versus Funk and Big Show/Kane versus the Steiner brothers!

Jesus, I forgot he booked himself in it.

Also he booked Undertaker to win, so you don't even have that joy.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

At the start of that horrible shitshow Cornette acknowledges that one of the reasons the Invasion sucked was that you had Stone Cold Steve Austin acting as the top guy for the WCW/ECW invaders and that poo poo dont make no sense

He then proceeds to book the main event of this grand WWF vs. WCW Wrestlemania and it's Stone Cold vs. Mick Foley

what the gently caress

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

just in case you were thinking that Jim Cornette could not possibly make himself look bad while tearing into Joey Ryan

he confuses "women are now more comfortable speaking up about these things" with "these things never happened before", goes on about how Back In The Day the Consenting Adult Female Fans were lining up to gently caress The Boys so none of them ever did anything improper and they especially never had relations with underage girls, and today's wrestlers have to be sex pests because they're Girly Pussies who wrestle bad so no women want to gently caress them

Ahh, so it's the girls fault that they are getting raped/sexually harrassed. Because if they did like they were supposed to and didn't have agency of their own and instead existed as mere sexual objects, then they would be loving the wrestlers for free. And nobody would get in trouble.

This is a clever and good take.

I am not mocking the poster, I am mocking Jim Cornette for his patronizing and horrifically sexist views.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Should Cornette-adjacent takes be posted here too?

https://twitter.com/pipebombzz/status/1368793954196525056?s=21

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I guess Matt Morgan worked with Drake Wuertz on his weirdass Qanon poo poo, so he's passed the valley of the bad takes and moved on to bad decisions.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dzx88/wwe-referee-wrestler-turned-mayor-fundraise-for-qanon-adjacent-charity

(Thanks for the article, Bix)

Has a wrestler in the US ever been in office and not been brutal?

Jesse Ventura was pretty bad and got worse after he was out of office with his conspiracy poo poo, but he seems like the shiniest turd among them.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The Wrestling Inc guys don't like the female Japanese wrestlers. At least not the ones in AEW. I was watching one of their shows and one of them, I think it was Matt, said that they don't connect with the American audience. Pretty sure Riho connects with the audience just fine. I knew they were all going to be pissed when Shida won. They seem to have it out for her in particular

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 8, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Crapple! posted:

The Wrestling Inc guys don't like the female Japanese wrestlers. At least not the ones in AEW. I was watching one of their shows and one of them, I think it was Matt, said that they don't connect with the American audience. Pretty sure Riho connects with the audience just fine. I knew they were all going to be pissed when Shida one. They seem to have it out for her in particular

Apparently Raj also said that Ryo's Kojima chops looked like sexual assault.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I thought they looked weird but why the gently caress would your mind immediately go to "sexual assault"? There's something wrong with that dude

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Crapple! posted:

The Wrestling Inc guys don't like the female Japanese wrestlers. At least not the ones in AEW. I was watching one of their shows and one of them, I think it was Matt, said that they don't connect with the American audience. Pretty sure Riho connects with the audience just fine. I knew they were all going to be pissed when Shida won. They seem to have it out for her in particular

Yeah, Riho is pretty popular and her segments typically gained viewers. I love how these idiots and Corny think they speak for the entire American audience

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all of the people with those opinions are racist and sexist, and that's why they say other more questionable and hosed up things. When i see them i go like this: "I'd take a poo poo on that guy!"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Cavauro posted:

all of the people with those opinions are racist and sexist, and that's why they say other more questionable and hosed up things. When i see them i go like this: "I'd take a poo poo on that guy!"

very true, many people are saying it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cavauro posted:

:hmmyes:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

*Coughs in Art Barr*

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
jesse ventura is cool.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Seams posted:

jesse ventura is cool.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope he one day finds the 'Squatch

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1369996297990766593

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wow good job exposing them Corny, now everyone is gonna know wrestling is fake

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dawgstar posted:

*Coughs in Art Barr*

Not to mention Jimmy del Ray, a guy Corny managed and still speaks highly of.

Also anyone who thinks Shida's getting a nepotism push is a buffoon. She was barely on TV as champion until the Abadon program!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEFATfZ3uw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JYD sold out the Superdome with doofy headbutts on all fours and you know that because you were there. Come on, Jim.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Maki was being overly cautious to not bust up the world champ/the company's equipment in her first TV match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess that Maki was being overly cautious to not bust up the world champ/the company's equipment in her first TV match

Also she would've legitimately hurt her eardrums probably.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she was intentionally killing the business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

she was intentionally killing the business

Maki Itoh is the third Young Buck, confirmed