Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

overall it's really good moderation. I get that the GPU thread and crypto is a shitshow. I'd only ask that if a post is technically breaking the rules but is funny, that it gets leniency in the SA tradition

Fauxtool posted:

bill gates gonna turn us into gpus confirmed

SCheeseman posted:

Combined with a form of fusion, the machines had found all the crypto they would ever need.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Gwaihir posted:

I also think that crypo is a full on blight on the world, but it should get it's own thread with mod enforcement against drive by trolls, etc.

Nah, I don't think a space where you're not allowed to make fun of a stupid thing is a good idea.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Bloopsy posted:

Hell yeah time to start clowning on goons whining about how they can't buy their luxury video game toys.

I don't think making fun of that should be excluded either, but to me it's a curve. Someone sad that their card died and now they can't play games with their friends who they can't see due to covid is a lot different than someone lamenting that they're keeping their 2080 longer than they expected.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Why are you making this weirdly hostile

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

five pages of people posting their cases isn't real interesting either. we don't have to have the GPU thread be the catch-all hardwarechat (we could have a thread for that, or a thread for battlestations if people want to post those), if there is nothing new to say about GPUs the thread could just go unposted until someone has something GPU-related to discuss

Sometimes some photos to break up the paragraphs are nice