Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The drama last summer and the uncertainty of whether the forums were going to stay up / people were going to stick around made me fearful of having to use Reddit. I'm aware that's hardly the best praise you could hope for but it does mean you're doing something right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The impression I always had of those threads was that the 'working in IT' thread was intended for work-related, career advice type questions that aren't purely about certs, and the other two threads are sort of interchangeable chat threads but there are two of them because one would move too quickly.

I wouldn't be opposed to testing the theory of whether there would be too many posts for one thread though, I think people can catch up if they want, and there's yospos discord and shsc slack for the real chat-type stuff.