Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Good to see one of the minnows finally standing up to the big teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Dang the raiders stink again

What's happened to them? They've still got a decent roster haven't they?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Wow, when you break it all down like that it sure is something. I hate Stuart but I really liked the roster he had built when you guys made the Grand Final, felt like that might have been the start of a decent run at the top instead of the constant yo-yo-ing, but it seems like that was the peak for that team huh. drat shame that GF turned out the way it did... loving Roosters.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Are you fuckers all just in the discord now?

Where is the iajanus meltdown dammit.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Lame, I miss this thread. Live streaming comments just aren't the same.

Come back or I'll be forced to turn this thread into the Eels Appreciation Station.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I don't remember a team ever being in the top 8 with a differential of -119 before (Cowboys)!

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Thanks for turning up ready to play finals footy Canberra, really just perfect timing after a season of slack-arsed performances.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Should be a good GF.

Kinda wanted Storm to win the premiership despite my natural hatred of them just so the Rooters couldn't crow about being the only team in the modern era to win back to back. I guess I'll be barracking for Penrith because it's been longer since they've won anything? But Rabbits look pretty good and they've been playing some quality football. The coach battle is going to be hilarious again no doubt, whiny little bitch Cleary vs grumpy old bastard Bennett. Who gets to complain about things being unfair first?!

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
I'm doing some data study at the moment, and using NRL 2021 stats to play around with... thought all the tippers out there might be interested to know that the Rabbits, Roosters and Bulldogs were most likely to conform to the pre-game betting odds in ~88% of their games, whereas the Raiders and Warriors were most likely to frustrate tippers, only playing to the odds on ~58% of their games.

The Warriors won 5 out of 16 games where they were underdogs and lost 5 out of 8 where they were favourites.

The Raiders won 3 out of 10 games where they were underdogs and lost 7 out of 14 where they were favourites.

The Bulldogs were the only team not to lose when they were favourites all season. Mostly because they were never favourites in any of their 24 games, but hey... keep your chins up boys!

The Titans had the least ability to cause an upset, winning only 1 out of 11 games they went into as underdogs.

The Rabbitohs were least likely to be caught with their pants down, losing only 1 out of 21 games they went into as favourites.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Decent game.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Call it the Andrew Johns Line and see if he turns up trying to snort it.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Congratulations Redcliffe, can't wait for you to dilute a player pool that is already unable to fill the existing 16 without at least four total dogshit teams every season.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
So did anyone have "Brett Finch is a pedo" in their off-season bingo card?

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
No.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Resident Idiot posted:

Forums >> discord.

Truth.

It's been a good season so far. I hate how teams get 2 points for a bye now that byes are happening so frequently, the ladder is basically meaningless unless you filter for only games played. But I was convinced the Dolphins would be terrible and they've been decent so that was a nice surprise. And it's hard to predict the top 8.

Also, lol New South Wales.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

iajanus posted:

I mean, if we're going to post here, too...

Can you change the thread title to be more generic rather than bothering with a whole new 2023 introduction? I mean, all people need to know about rugby league if they don't already know about rugby league is that it's a game where some of the stupidest people alive, including drug dealers, wife-beaters, bestiality enthusiasts, public poohers, piss drinkers and golf kart stealers run headfirst into each other until the compounding brain damage causes one of them to eventually snap and start throwing punches whereby the other team wins on penalties. And that's why we love it goddamit.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Apollodorus posted:

Honestly, when Aubusson retired it felt like the spirit was gone—for now, anyway.

Don't worry, once Nick Politis finds how much this "spirit" costs he will be able to buy some more of it for the club.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Eels haven't been in the top 8 all season but with that win we've gone into fourth place with the second best for & against. The NRL really need to ditch these byes or come up with a better way of showing the ladder because the current form is not representative of where the teams actually are at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Given their team on paper I'd say Manly punch well above their weight and that all basically rests on the shoulders of those two players. Reminds me of Thurston most of the time he was with the Cowboys.