Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I do not often use the word "film". It conveys importance and grandeur, and can come across as pretentious when compared to the word "movie". However, this is a 4 hour plus FILM in the truest sense of the word. In fact, I do not consider it hyperbole to say that this might very well be the first true "FILM" in history, it's that good.

First of all, the Joker needs to be discussed. Much has been made online of the fact that he is dressed like Jesus Christ. Already you can see the greatness of the film. If a criminal mastermind might be Jesus Christ, then what does that mean for the rest of us? Truly profound thoughts and that's just the beginning of the scene. The Joker does not laugh in this film. Zack Snyder, genius that he is, has already flipped your notions of what the Joker is. You thought he laughed? Sorry, he's Jesus now. Buckle up.

Has anyone else been blessed to see this film yet? What did you think of some of the more radical reinterpretations of fan-favorite characters? Personally, I loved seeing Rot Lop Fan recast as Doubting Thomas to Joker's Jesus Christ - brave storytelling that makes you really THINK about what you're watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I liked when Professor Xavier fell out of his wheel chair and couldn't get up and started crying when everyone laughed at him

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Source your quotes op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

I liked when Professor Xavier fell out of his wheel chair and couldn't get up and started crying when everyone laughed at him

that was pretty great but you know Snyder really knows his craft - when the professor finally collapses in grief and exhaustion and the camera zooms out on him lying flat on the ground with his arms out to his sides and the text pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "HE LOOKS LIKE JESUS IN THIS POSE", it really affected me

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I like the part where the flash gropes a lady that he's "saving" very emotional and romantic. Lol this poo poo is straight trash.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

One bit of dialogue that really spoke to me, and I hope to all of you as well.

BATMAN: My parents were shot dead in an alley, that's why I became a creature of fear. To make sure this never happened to anyone else.

SUPERMAN: My planet blew up. Billions of parents died, some of them in alleys. And yet, do I strike fear into people?

FLASH: To some, perhaps. Perhaps we all do. What is an alley if not a dead end street? And what is a dead end if not a failed promise? Perhaps we've all failed someone. My father is in prison.

BATMAN: My father is dead. Shot in an alley.

SUPERMAN: My fathers are both dead. My earth father died in a tornado. My space father was blown up with his entire planet.

FLASH: Perhaps we can be better fathers one day. This might be why we became superheroes.

What can I say except "wow". Snyder has turned a throwaway conversation into a discussion of morality, fatherhood, mortality, and the burden of superpowers.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I liked when Commissioner Gordon called Batman for help because he ate too many spicy tacos and his butthole hurt and Batman didn't know what to tell him and Commissioner Gordon started crying and everyone laughed at him.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
THIS

IS

METROPOLIS!!!!!!!!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR: Do you know why I kill people, Superman? Because I am paid for it. So if you're looking for the true villain here, perhaps you should look at the men who pay me?

SUPERMAN FLIES INTO A CHURCH, WHICH IS FILLED WITH PEOPLE SELLING SUPERMAN MERCHANDISE

SUPERMAN: No, not like this. NOT LIKE THIS!

SUPERMAN STARTS FLIPPING OVER THE TABLES FULL OF MERCHANDISE IN SLOW MOTION WHILE "My Sacrifice" PLAYS ON THE SOUNDTRACK

CUT TO A PAINTING OF THE LAST SUPPER

CUT TO AQUAMAN EATING DINNER WITH THE FLASH

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
wow spoilers much??

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Wonder Woman smashes a guy OUT of his skin and then she hugs a child in his gore.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I liked when they literally crucified Deadpool and then everybody laughed at him while he was stuck up there

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

What did everyone think of the new Steppenwolf design? Adding all those extra spikes (I think I read he's 47% spikier now) did a lot to tie the themes of colonialism and manifest destiny closer to the main narrative.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Batman says gently caress

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

A Fancy Hat posted:

What did everyone think of the new Steppenwolf design? Adding all those extra spikes (I think I read he's 47% spikier now) did a lot to tie the themes of colonialism and manifest destiny closer to the main narrative.

I like it I just can't believe they made him say "communism is my god" so many times.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Why only 4 hours why not 8, or 12? We need to see the true really most true vision of genius director man Zachary Synder.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The first Spiderman movie, or film, was supposed to feature the World Trade Center but this was taken out before release because of cancel culture.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

DARKSEID: The motherbox is activated, Earth is being terraformed as we speak.

BATMAN: Did you just say Martha box?

SUPERMAN (flying in): Did someone say Martha box?

MARTIAN MANHUNTER: Did I hear Martian box?

FIRESTORM: Martin box? Who said Martin box? Professor Stein, did you hear that, too?

METAMORPHO: I think I heard Morphing box? Was that right? Morphing box?

AQUAMAN: Marlin Box?

WONDER WOMAN: Marping box? What's a marping box?

CYBORG: Why'd you say Marping box?

WONDER WOMAN: I just wanted to fit in.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Marvin the Martian: There is no justice league, just us league

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
I thought, personally, that the scene where Batman and Superman hang dong really gave context to the juxtaposition of their interpersonal relationships.

Although, the literal dick measuring contest in the next scene was in poor taste and the choice of “Ballroom Blitz” blaring over the whole thing was an interesting decision.

Also, for some reason, it’s the “Tia Carrere” version!

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 17, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Is there any diabetic Evanescence in it?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im not gonna watch it

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Too gritty for my snitty

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
Does CD still ride this guy and Michael Bay's dick?

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

What about when everyone sang

"Superman, JesusStar, Do you think you're what they say you are?"

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

im not gonna watch it

it's okay we can't all be sophisticated persons of wealth and taste

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I hate myself but not enough to watch over four hours of a Zack Snyder movie

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I remember how in Wonder Woman, Patty Jenkins spent over a million dollars on editing, technology, and literally hiring people to watch and help prevent upskirts and camera shots in an attempt to avoid male gaze. Then in Joss Whedon's justice league...well, they clearly didn't think about this at all. There is a scene where they're supposed to be having a serious discussion and Gal Gadot's rear end is taking up like 60% of the frame.

It's a great rear end. ...But is this really the time and place, Joss?

quote:

I hate myself but not enough to watch over four hours of a Zack Snyder movie

I basically came here to say the same thing. I haven't paid for any Zack Snyder films after 300. I hate watch them, if that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just imagine spending $40 million dollars on invisible plane CGI and nobody can actually see it :rolleyes:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just imagine spending $40 million dollars on invisible plane CGI and nobody can actually see it :rolleyes:

*Us military squirms in its seat and tugs its collar*

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The syndercut people want like 2 more justice leagues and an "Ayercut" of suicide squad

Lol

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
I've never been much into these superhero flicks, so the inclusion of all the scenes (over 100 mins I think) between Lex and the principle shareholders of Lexcorp, as he attempts to assuage their concerns of legal liability, really felt like Snyder reaching out to people like me. 5 bags of popcorn.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I found the scene where Wonder Woman forces Superman to vaporize Gaza with his heat vision to be in poor taste.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Who What Now posted:

I found the scene where Wonder Woman forces Superman to vaporize Gaza with his heat vision to be in poor taste.

I too was greatly offended by this scene. There's no way WW could ever force Superman to do anything, as he is clearly the strongest superhero.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
they fuckin

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If superman is the strongest superhero why don't he eat the weaker superheroes and gain their powers

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
How dare people like things

How loving dare they

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

If superman is the strongest superhero why don't he eat the weaker superheroes and gain their powers

Krypton mouths are 25% smaller than Earth ones, it would take too many panels to draw

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Batman walking along a line of orphans, shooting each one in slow motion as Ave Maria plays. Before he can shoot the last one he slips on a dog turd and falls onto a larger, smellier turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
When Lex Luthor tried to get that senator to drink piss and then just blew her up instead was funny.