Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Joker hands Batman a gun.

"Oh, Batsy, don't you wish you could pull the trigger and finish me? Wouldn't that solve a lot of problems?"

Batman instead points the gun at himself.

"How does that strike you, Joker? What if I finished myself?"

Joker stares, mouth agape. Now Batman is the true twisted psychopath. Suddenly, Batman begins to laugh.

"Isn't it funny, Joker? Why aren't you laughing?"

"Nooooo, it wasn't supposed to be like this! Noooooo!"

Joker collapses in a heap, crying.

Cut to a velvet painting of a crying clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I'm not a homophobe or anything I'd feel this way about any sex scene, but the Batman Aquaman sex scene should have been like 15 minutes at most

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

vaginite posted:

I'm not a homophobe or anything I'd feel this way about any sex scene, but the Batman Aquaman sex scene should have been like 15 minutes at most

i agree, if only because i was a little uncomfortable with how heavy they went into the watersports

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mozi posted:

i agree, if only because i was a little uncomfortable with how heavy they went into the watersports

and isn't using a fish as a sexual device problematic considering he is their king?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I liked the bit of meta humor where Darkseid references how he was around way before Thanos and, technically, Thanos is a knockoff. But I'm not entirely sure it needed to be an hour-long power point presentation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How dare people like things

How loving dare they

lol go back to the Snyderdome thread, loser

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Superheroes are anime and that's not good at all

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The extended scene of Lex luther deciding just what shade of piss was right for his peach tea gag goes on for a bit too long I felt.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Jared Leto is the best joker

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I'm a big Rot Lop Fan fan

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Guze posted:

The extended scene of Lex luther deciding just what shade of piss was right for his peach tea gag goes on for a bit too long I felt.

Some people might think you're mixing things up and talking about a Batman V Superman scene.

Those people haven't seen the movie. There are extensive flashbacks that really flesh out the events of prior films. The piss was Darkseid's piss (and was meant to be all along).

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How dare people like things

How loving dare they

this guy get's it. super heros are for children *browses instructables for 5 hours trying to find the most epic rorschach mask i can make*

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
my favorite change of all of them was when Superman and Batman start waltzing to the Beatles song 'Martha'

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I liked when Flash was speed running around Catwoman and she tripped him with her lasso, making him crap his pants, lose his balance, and slam diarrhea-rear end-first into Batman's face

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Mozi posted:

my favorite change of all of them was when Superman and Batman start waltzing to the Beatles song 'Martha'

It really adds depth and nuance to Steppenwolfe's character when you learn that Steppenwolfe is his last name.

I won't spoil his full name, but, wow, I was floored.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Name's Steppenwolfe. Wulf Steppenwolfe.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Colonel Cancer posted:

Name's Steppenwolfe. Wulf Steppenwolfe.

no spoiler tags? rear end in a top hat

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some might say 4 hours is too long for a superhero movie, so I appreciate the compromise that Snyder made by cutting the sides off each frame so we don't have to look at as much of it. We're going back to the full screen, baby!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Doesn't that come out tomorrow

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

a mysterious cloak posted:

I liked when Flash was speed running around Catwoman and she tripped him with her lasso, making him crap his pants, lose his balance, and slam diarrhea-rear end-first into Batman's face

I would say that all of the scatological humor was quite unnecessary.

Well, almost all. The bit at the climax where Zack Snyder decides to "just skip straight to the point" and poops directly onto the camera is a powerful artistic statement.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There are so many easter eggs in this movie. For example, when fighting Superman Flash disappears for 14 frames before reappearing again. A lot of people think that's a production error but what's actually happening is that Flash is using the Speed Force to travel backwards in time. When he arrives roughly 40 years back he rushes to Kansas and finds Pa Kent and stealthily follows him around. Any time Pa Kent as about to engage in coitus Flash uses his speed to jerk Pa off to completion, making the poor man believe he is a premature ejaculator, and preventing him from siring any children which Flash believed would unmake Superman in the present. Boy was Flash surprised when little Clark Kent fell from the sky, making those years of handies pointless!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I have to say batmans mommy milky scene does help the Martha thing make more sense.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

birds of prey more like boners all day

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I know they're supposed to be star trek fanboys but did they have to carry around all those curved swords?!?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Thought the Iron Man cameo was a bit forced, but that's just me being pedantic

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I thought it was a bold choice for Snyder to deepfake Armie Hammer's face over Henry Cavill's, but I'm not sure how many people will notice

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
The crossover/reveal that the film series is set in the upside down from Stranger Things makes the whole thing work to be honest.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
On second viewing, I believe the movie is NOT trying to say that the Joker is the Son of God and died for our sins two thousand years ago. I think that maybe it's a twisted Joker joke, because he is just so twisted.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

vaginite posted:

Jared Leto is the best joker

I heard that Jared Leto got so into character that he invited some of the most important people in Warner Media and AT&T to a fancy dinner. Then he told them that he had laced the fish with Joker Venom and they would all die if they did not immediately agree to release the Snyder cut.

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
Zack Snyder is a literal “Christian Scientist.” It makes his online cult much more understandable in hindsight. That and his love of Ayn Rand novels.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

JOKER: How do you like my new hideout Batman? It's not exactly the abandoned amusement park, but it's pretty fitting for a clown, wouldn't you say?

CAMERA ZOOMS OUT TO REVEAL US CAPITOL BUILDING AS JOKER LAUGHS MANIACALLY

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I thought it was weird how Robin was played by Wayne Brady

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Justice League is like a wish.com version of The Avengers.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I understand how they saw how successful Infinity War was and wanted to emulate some of that success, but when Superman told Steppenwolf "I am Iron Man!" it was just a little too much for me

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Alicia Silverstone as Harley Quinn!!! Omg this is so meta

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Guze posted:

Why only 4 hours why not 8, or 12? We need to see the true really most true vision of genius director man Zachary Synder.

Release the Snyder Cut of Snyder's Cut.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I haven't seen it yet but I'm gonna preemptively say I like the part where something cool happens in slow motion then someone says an equally cool line of dialogue that makes me think "hm, yes"

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I don't care for Snyder's films, but I'm still going to watch this because I'm a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I like Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah as much as anyone but playing it on repeat for four straight hours was a little much.