Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My two least favorite characters (in terms of their behavior during games) are Chipie and Kukrushka. Initially it was just Chipie (because he hates me in like 90% of games for some reason - I would say that he starts off games as the character disliking me around 50% of the time), but this became less of an issue once my Charm got higher and it became easier to avoid getting voted on. Kukrushka is probably the most difficult player to deal with when she's Gnosia (or some other hostile class), at least for me. It's really hard to get other people to vote for her

edit: Btw has anyone else gotten the scene where (spoilers mostly unrelated to story) Setsu and the protagonist and Shigemichi hold hands and watch a zombie movie"? That was a cute scene.

Scrap Dragon posted:

There’s a unique ending scene if you and Comet can win as Gnosia without her getting frozen and it took me almost double digit tries to get that one right. It’s worth it though, it’s surprisingly cute

I like how different characters behave in different ways as Gnosia.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah just like in real mafia, throwing one of your teammates under the bus works very well to deflect suspicion. I've won several games as a solo Gnosia after totally serving up my teammate when it became pretty obvious they were screwed anyway.

I think I'm like 160 loops in and almost done. There's really only one bit of crew data I don't have yet, but I haven't figured out what is going to trigger it yet. But I'm also in no particular rush, I'm still enjoying the core mechanics, and I now have all of the commands (or maybe 29/30?) and high enough stats where I can win most games.

Early game tip: Intuition 20 and the Say You're Human (spoiling it, I guess, even though in my game the event for it popped up really early) is really powerful, especially to give you the lay of the land on Day 1 of any loop where you aren't Gnosia. Normally either I catch someone in a lie, or everyone else catches someone in a lie even if I didn't and it's pretty obvious -- when all of a sudden seven people are like "Hey, Shigi is looking pretty sketchy..." you know something just happened. Or if no one gets caught outright, usually the people who didn't speak up are worth looking at.

Yeah, it feels really good when you end up with a situation where you're the only Gnosia left with a few non-Gnosia, and one or two of those non-Gnosia consider you their strongest ally (sometimes to the extent of asking to work with you).

Also, as you mention, getting one guaranteed "this person is Gnosia" generally makes it dramatically easier to identify the other Gnosia by seeing how people interact with them.

(not sure why I'm spoiling this; I'm just making general comments about gameplay unrelated to the main story)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Charm: 15. Currently wondering if it's worth going to 25 for Regret, the AI that use them usually get a shitton of free defenses and my biggest problem so far is the AI hating me because I talk too much apparently.

In my experience Regret is extremely powerful and nearly always makes people stop dog-piling me. I don't think I've gotten voted off earlier than the very end of the game since I've gotten it.

It's also cool how they'll play their abilities to their best: Kukrushka is insanely hard to pin down as Gnosia cause her Regret makes people jump to defend her, SQ will constantly do alliances and exagerate her arguments and Yuriko is the worst.

"Exaggerate," on the other hand, hasn't seemed to make that big of a difference for me.

The one thing I'm annoyed about it's the drat Shut Up mechanic, seems kinda random how much is too much (do skills even count?) and if the AI uses it welp everyone hates you have fun going to cold sleep. Not to mention it runs contrary to actual social deduction games where the most active people are the least likely to be scum. Is it related to a stat or do you need to use the wait option a bit more?

Regarding "Shut Up," that's where Charm comes into play. Your Charm is low so you're going to have hard getting people to stop attacking you once they turn against you. Charm is important because it effectively has the dual benefits of "preventing you from getting voted for" and "letting you make more arguments because people are less likely to turn against you."

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

OTOH, it's really funny when I'm certain that's what happening but actually I'm just the only dumbdumb unknowingly allied with the actual Gnosia but it doesn't matter cause everyone else solves the problem without my help.

There were two times where I've been completely owned by allying with Kukrushka. After the second time I realized that you should just never ally with or trust her under any circumstances. She's maybe the strongest Gnosia. She's pretty useless as a crew-friendly role, though, since she usually just bases her accusations off of who she likes/dislikes.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 22, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can understand not liking various aspects of this game, but the visuals are great and I'm baffled that someone would dislike them.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It annoys me when I have a game where I'm Engineer and confirm someone is Gnosia and then Otome/Comet keep pulling me aside and saying "(Gnosia person) is lying!" I keep getting my hopes up that they're going to give me useful info!

The game does a good job of making Jonas really weird in a unique way. Can't really think of many characters I've encountered who are weird in that same sort of way.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DuckHuntDog posted:

Hearing how other people used skills has me convinced that you can really just play it any way you are most comfortable with. I ended up focusing on Intuition and Stealth to a lesser degree, and the combo of Say You’re Human and having the engineers step forward usually had the game solved by the middle of day 1. It did not make the best build for playing as gnosia, but you can lay low and do pretty well despite that, and you play as human or something else most of the time anyways.

Main issue I'd have with an Intuition/Stealth build is convincing other people to vote for the Gnosia. Early on most of my stats were in Intuition/Logic/Charisma, but because I had low Charm I had trouble getting other people to vote for Gnosia, even though I'd usually have an easy time identifying them thanks to "Say You're Human" (because people would turn against me if I tried to argue more than like once or twice per day, and if they turned against me I was usually doomed). I thought Charisma would let me convince other people, but it's apparently not that useful if your Charm is too low for you to speak without getting suspected yourself.

Putting points into Charm until I got Regret was a game-changer because it let me do arguments without getting myself killed. It's basically impossible to get voted off before the late-game with Regret (it only really happens if it's the late-game and Gnosia have someone like Kukrushka on their side).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol poo poo, I'm in a game where both Yuriko and Kukurshka are either Gnosia or one of the enemy human roles (Kukrushka is guaranteed Gnosia, Yuriko just had a detected lie).

edit: And Raqio, holy poo poo worst possible characters to have as enemies

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My opinion of Sha-ming improved after the reveal that he was raised by a bunch of monkeys.

Skill questions - is there any downside to using Exaggerate instead of Agree? And is the only difference between Seek Agreement/Exaggerate or Regret/Obfuscate ) that they scale off of different stats and affect different characters differently?

Edit: I've noticed that at least Yuriko frequently won't do "Say you're human" even when she's human. Otherwise that skill will almost always identify at least one Gnosia.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 7, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got another funny scene (that I don't think unlocked any profile content) where both Jonas and Shigemichi claimed to be the Engineer and decided to play video games to determine who was the real one. It's always a nice surprise when you come across an event with pretty rare conditions to it.

Fedule posted:

Generally, using a skill draws more attention than using a regular stock response, which draws more attention than doing nothing. Deciding when the utility is worth more than the attention is the important part. For example, using Deny when someone doubts you draws attention and usually raises suspicion a little, but also stops anyone from Agreeing with the Doubt. If you think you can make it work, using Regret instead of Deny draws more attention, but is likely to inspire more people to Defend you than would if you simply Deny.

As far as I'm aware, Regret has zero downside. No one has ever complained about me spamming it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

404notfound posted:

Seeing some comments about Chipie in the LP thread, but don't wanna post this spoiler there:

I feel like Chipie's character design was the result of a drawing of a guy with a cat around his neck, but with poor understanding of anatomy. Like, "It looks like the cat is going through his neck... wait a minute, that gives me an idea!"

As someone with a terrible cat allergy, Chipie's existence causes me vicarious suffering. Just imagining having a cat attached to my neck 24/7 makes my eyes itch.