Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
My one complaint with this game is I kind of wish the buddies were idle in combat during multiplayer. I still think they're awesome as mobility options and cut out a lot of needless hassle in fun way, but BOY do they contribute to an absolute eye-blasting of particle effects when the monster bonking gets heavy. I've been playing mostly SnS and I've essentially had to learn to perfect rush by pure muscle memory because my screen is entirely taken up but explosions, flailing chains and airborne dog rear end. I mean that's kind of good policy anyway because you tend to perfect rush while obscured from the camera entirely because you're tucked between flailing monster extremities like a favored childhood stuffed animal but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I think I've made peace with the fact that I'm a basic bitch and I like the basic bitch weapons. Horn, Hammer, and Dual Blades are all doing quite well for me. S&S too to a less extent but I'm still learning stuff with it.

I feel this. There is a time for playing super relatively complex weapons with multiple forms and flashing lights and multiple buff modifiers and optimised skills, etc and a time when you just put on your Slugger pants and do Slugging and then when the monster falls down, you Slug it.

I've been having a good time in multi as a paralyze SnS where my life is kind of like dual blades but one of my blades goes "bonk' occasionally. Disregard damage, disregard personal safety, just make contact with monster rear end as constantly as you can and as consistently as you can like some kind of berserk barnacle. I mean sure fine I'll throw a lifepowder if it will save us from losing a cart but it's only because I need people alive to follow up on my paralyzing.

Might pick up gunlance now that I've beaten the story for something slightly more involved but I really enjoy imagining I am the most annoying thing a monster ever sees before it gets dunked.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why doesn't the True Charge Slash have the ability to change direction like the Rage Slash? I don't think it would break anything or cause the TCS to vastly outclass Rage Slash. Seems weird...

I assume because TCS is supposed to be the ultimate high risk/high reward megadonk. IMO you should start off with Rage Slash and unlock TCS later one once you've got some practice in, since Rage is so vastly easier to use productively. TCS is for when you have developed proper Sword Precognition or are in groups where paralyze/knockouts/etc actually occur on the regular.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Zinogre is just as much a big booty bastard as I remember. Carted twice to his nonsense and came close to losing it all-together. Was about to scream when he went to sleep and did the wrong wakeup attack by accident but I still managed to kill him a few seconds later.

Yeah, he's a pretty saucy lad. I think I probably see people cart to him only slightly less than to Magnamalo, which I suppose makes sense since they are flippy element brothers.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

Captain France posted:

Also I hate that it is called "Kinsect slash." My hunter is clearly stabbing. Or, given the insect theme, stinging.
It should be called Kinsect Sting

This is an absolute truth. Sing out, comrade!

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like the concept of "what if we gave a monster a wirebug?"

Somehow this paradigm shift totally broke my understanding of how to play the videogame. I was feeling like a badass because I hadn't triple carted all the way through MR4 but then this spicy spider nerd fire-drifted all over my rear end. Just after I got my Babby's First Gunlance setup put together too.

Very humbling, much spider.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

felgs posted:

ETA: The pieces if you wanna copy it

brigade lobos, Mr tobi chest, squires braces, dragonsbane belt, elgado pants

I am absolutely going to steal your Musketeer Pimp look. Thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

Oh god no please no end-of-hunt stats. Between WoW Raiding memories of DPS parse madness and Vermintide green circle brainworms I no longer believe humans are responsible enough to have access to performance metrics.

Also, I need to be able to hide my shame.