Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tag yourself. I'm the rusted out car chilling out in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

TaurusOxford posted:

The problem is that lance really lacks a big "OOMPH" attack, along with the misconception that lance is a slow, immobile weapon. People just find the weapon too boring.

HH is still "mid-tier", but it absolutely got gutted in its motion values.

Yeah, that's the thing, the Lance isn't a flashy moves big numbers weapons, but it's amazing at being able to put out constant pressure. If it's not all up on you you can just do your poke poke poke pause thing, if it's enraged and bearing down on you, just get into the cadence for counter attacks.

I was leaning toward HH with Rise - I might wind up tooling around with Lance/Hammer/S&S like I'm use to and roll with that, I guess time will tell.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MMF Freeway posted:

You get to pick two wirebug moves and one switch skill move, which replaces one part of a weapon's moveset with another. I could be wrong but for CB I think you give up charged sword for savage axe

They were talking about it some in the pre-release video footage. For HH - you have a switch skill to go back to the old HH method of performing songs :catstare:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Shine posted:

poo poo, those are both great. I'd lean toward LLR just because it specifically names Lance.

Yeah, Lance Lance Revolution. If anyone is a GIF wizard, make the tag a lance guy charging across the frame in profile and have the words fart out of him or something.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Huxley posted:

Kiranico has dumped all the data on the site, mostly unformatted, if you'd like to poke through the swap skills and drive yourself crazy.

Like what does this imply (HH spoiler)?

It's a setting for NuHorn and OldHorn. The Nuhorn settings you hit the same button twice and you get the associated buff, oldhorn you bank up the buffs to perform the attack and start activating the buffs in rapid succession. It sounds like OldHorn is the only way to get the XL buffs, and it lets you do the hammer twirl off cooldown with the downside of it being slower.

Edit: New page snipe - have a picture of my IRL palico:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 25, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

chumbler posted:

Every weapon is solo and group viable, especially long sword. There is no support class in MH. You support by hitting the monster and maybe sometimes tossing a powder or putting on wide range as a skill and chugging a potion. There is also healing ammo for bowguns but nobody in the history of time has ever fired one.

Yeah, honestly the difference between rolling 'support' and a normal monster beatass is moreso in deco selection than weapon. S&S can make support work the easiest because you can pick up Wide Range and drink potions with your weapon out, but anyone with wide range / free meal / recovery up and a sleep/paralyze weapon can pretty easily do a hard support role.

That guy who swings his horn over in the corner a football field away from the monster isn't support, he's a waste of a good player slot.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I woke up early before work and ran through the single player up through Great Izuchi. Fun fight.

Then I turned around and fought him again in the multiplayer hub for more parts. Still need another tail to get his horn.

I was looking in the blacksmith and noticed that the bow has a bunch of new poo poo compared to world, you can get bows that do scatter / pierce shots by default now. I seen that a couple had options for a some sort of heal burst. I need to pick one up and see what that's about.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Any bow users gotten their teeth into this yet? I'm curious what bow users are thinking about having scatter/pierce shots available on their basic charge attacks. I seen they had different burst types too (including a healing one) and I'm curious what that's about.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
1 year exclusivity for Switch, and I'm guessing the PC port gets delayed content updates kind of like how PC world was vs consoles.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Detective No. 27 posted:

How long does it take to be able to play multiplayer online/locally?

You make a character, you do a tutorial mission to learn how to use wirebugs and basic combat stuff, and a bit of character dialogue in the town and you unlock the hub. The main story and the multiplayer hub are on completely separate tracts from each other (though I think there is *some* hub stuff that is gated by village progress) so you can tackle them in any order.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Finished Village last night, started HR in the hub in earnest (I got HR Hub when I was HR 3 in Village - Wound up getting the Rarity 4 Kamura Horn - wound up tearing the rest of the Village story apart like wet bread). I ran through all the switch Skill missions available to me got my upgraded Tetranadon Horn for more doot doots and I'm looking at expanding into some other weapons now.

Decided I want to give HBG a shot here - I was one warm pelt away from getting the Rank 4 Kelbi gun so I'm going to get that tonight and see about building out an armor set around it. Will probably tune it up with the Spread shot rampage skill to get normal 3/Scatter3. I was tooling around in the wiki and didn't see any armor with +spread shot on it though looking at the wiki, I'm guessing it's not in currently with the current set of armor available to us? Also since they only do a single add on slot on HBG I'm guessing tripling/quadrupling up on shields and kitting for a cozy dumb scattershot build ala World's Zinogre HBG is out? Is there a reasonably cozy build people have been liking for HBG so far?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 29, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Do any of the hammers actually look like hammers, or are they all more like clubs? I'm going to pick my weapon almost entirely based on aesthetics.

More of them look like hammers than not, it's just that they have hammerheads bigger than your torso. They don't really do like a 10 lb sledge or anything.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I tooled around with HBG last night and I have some thoughts:

-Even with Silkbind Evade - I think the limited mobility coupled with the increased mobility of monsters allowing them to stay in your face kind of excludes any HBG that isn't scatter / sticky (or maybe shrapnel if you can stay in midrange). Things were just too squirreley to keep in critical range of Pierce. Pierce works really well for LBG since they can wirebug laterally around a monster and generally have an easier time moving about and lining up the shot/distance, HBG not so much. It looks like Ballistics is out from Mind's Eye now, so I don't know how you rectify that or give HBG a bit more critical range to play with unless you make the charged shot a bit easier on the critical range.

-I really, really like the Charge shot, it just feels so at home on the HBG and you can still use shield/guard while holding charge shot. With the extra damage per shot and slowing down to pick your shots it does a lot to keep your ammo efficiency up. I basically don't have to craft basic ammo anymore, but I can see sticky/cluster/wyvern still needing to make more mid-match.

-Shrapnel is really interesting. It's got a very very pronounced close range deadzone but acts basically like scatter from about 20 ft out. It seems like it might be a good fallback ammo type for scatter guns for times when the monster is out of reach (i.e. Khezu)

- Normal and elemental shots still feel kind of Meh to me. Like I'm sure they do fine in practice, but I don't feel like they have the impact / damage that getting in a monsters grill and shotgunning them in the face does. When I'm using normal I feel like I'm punching time until the next wyvernheart/wyvernsnipe.

-I'm kind of unimpressed with the silkbind counter - the damage is okay, but the counterattack is slow to get out and vulnerable to getting smacked out of.

- Is it just me or does it look like all your bullets hook off to the right when shooting?

I loving love it still for shotgunning monsters in the face but man it kind of bums me out too because I see a lot of potential there.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Also while I'm on a tear about the ranged weapons, they ruined the bow now that you aren't an eldritch sorcerer with access to portals to the coconut dimension that you unleash over the monsters. New Arc Shot mechanic is lame even if everything else about the flow of Bow is better.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't bought this yet, maybe later this week. Instead I'm puttering around in the demo to feel out the weapons.

Do you need to sheath your weapons to use the wire bug or is there a button combo I'm missing? I really enjoying doing the upward wire bug move followed by a downward attack, especially with the great sword.

With the weapon out you do wirebug specific attacks, of which things like Greatsword and hammer get a wirebug jump/launch attack available to them, but not everyone. With the weapon sheathed LZ + X gives you the wirebug hop that you can then do into drop attacks or dropping Barrel Bombs on top of enemies.

Edit: vvvvvv [shoves IG nerd into a locker]

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 30, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

alarumklok posted:

so I randomed into bow for this iteration, which I know nothing at all about. I know charge and release is the well known style of bow, but since repeated shots climb the levels is this always true? For bows like rapid 1/rapid 1/rapid 3 it's pretty obvious you'd want to bypass the poo poo 1s by charging, and for bows like rapid 2/rapid 2/rapid 3 would you want to keep doing rapidfire type shots?

So the thing with the bow is you keep hammering ZR quickly you cycle up the charge levels. Once you hit that top level charge shot you start over, but can keep the top charge rolling quickly for two more shots at a higher stamina cost if you hit Y twice. Since you use ZL for aiming, all your wirebug stuff is on the right bumper.

Honestly I more or less wouldn't worry about going out of your way charging your shots to skip a level. If you have the shot take the shot and charge the next level. If you don't have the shot charge / dodge until you have the shot. If you have that screwball bow that starts at charge one with pierce/scatter 4 and goes down to pierce/scatter 1 and charge level max I maybe wouldn't charge at all, just quickshot and scoot.

Also don't discount your melee attack with bow. With close range coating and the wirebug buff it actually does a shocking amount of damage and you can use it to score tail cuts.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 30, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Alxprit posted:

Upset to hear that Heavy Bowgun might be a little underpowered but I'm gonna mess around with it a bit and find out for myself. I really wanted to break into gunning with a weapon that could block and stuff. I still don't exactly know what to make but some of the bowguns I could make with early high rank ore and bones and stuff seemed to have a generically wide range of ammo types so I'm gonna experiment in the training area and see how it feels a bit later.

Speaking of, the high rank urgent was really awesome. Rampages are a lot more fun with voice chat friend play, for sure. We had someone repeatedly disconnecting and we were so worried he wouldn't get credit for the urgent but he managed to pop back in at the right time, it was so clutch.

My first priority in terms of actual hunting in high rank is Wroggi for the Better version of his already great armor. But I'm gonna start doing some research and find out what else could be useful for gunning in general.

I think it's just mash X+A together a bunch when in archdemon.

It's not even that HBG is bad, but compared to world it's probably the least changed. Nothing about the new skills really changes how they play compared to LBG or Bow. It seems like largely the calculus that works for HBG in World works for Rise - it seems like Spread and Sticky are largely probably going to be the meta with special consideration for other things if you can swing a bunch of Aim Up. It's still largely fine - it just is missing the Rise flash of the other ranged weapons. HBG is still strong because it was strong in World.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 30, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Thumbtacks posted:

I actually really enjoyed spread HBG in world. I don’t particularly enjoy crafting ammo but it’s not the worst thing. I’ll probably try HBG a bit in rise too, once I figure out what the good weapon and sets are and farm them first

I will say the charge shot mechanic is pretty great. It goes a long way to keeping you ammo efficient. Granted I'm not deep into HR yet but I haven't had to craft normal/spread/shrapnel/elemental ammo during the hunt and can just restock inbetween missions. The only thing I've needed to craft is the low-cap stuff like Stickies, clusters, and dragon.

I wouldn't start with either of the bowguns as a brand new character because ammunition costs early are going to eat your lunch, but once you're a couple ranks in and you got your basic pet economy stuff going and a passable armor kit you can start dipping into it. If you absolutely must play ranged from the word go, Bow is probably your best bet since you can do fine with minimal ammo investment and it gets you into the ranged mindset.

The other thing to keep in mind is that if it carries over from World - if you have a ranged weapon you take more damage from physical attacks but less from elemental.

Edit: ^^^^ Game journalists are bad at games, when you have to put things down to write about the next line of newest releases you don't really have enough time to really get your teeth into a game wherein the fans wind up spending hundreds of hours on.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 30, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Crowetron posted:

What defensive options should I be focusing on with Charge Blade? It's fun, but I find myself eating a lot of hits as opposed to the DB where I'm basically Bayonetta dodging through everything. Should I be blocking more than dodging/wire jumping? Other way around?

If you break into HR you can't go wrong with Jyura armor - it's pretty CB centric with guard up, offensive guard, evade extender, and power prolonger. It gets you dodgy, it gets you blocky, and it keeps your poo poo powered up longer so you can deco out for full offense. Having -15 thunder resist is rough, but that's what Dango Thunder resist is for.

In terms of when to block, when to dodge, and when to guard point, it's really more a matter of what you feel comfortable with. The beauty of CB is that you've got plenty of options to work with and you can tool around with it to figure out what works best for you. Getting really good at your guard points will make you into the rudest dude around.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What's a good way to get a monster to sleep. Komitsu gave me a quest to take a picture of a sleeping Arzuros, I tried tossing down some drugged meat but it wouldn't take it

Tag him with a sleeptoad.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

404notfound posted:

So far I've just been beelining for the monster and hitting it until it dies (or sometimes capturing it), but what's a good way to start taking advantage of consumables/endemic life to optimize combat? I'm enjoying the basic gameplay loop, but it doesn't really feel like prepping for and hunting a target

Typically at the start of a hunt I have a quick route I run to collect some spiritbirds and snag whatever endemic life I find. Typically I lead in with them when I first see the monster or when I catch up to them after they flee an area. I don't really go far out of the way and I'm always heading in the monster's general direction - if I get to them late it's by like 30 seconds compared to the other players.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Further dumbass questions from the MH n00b. Is it generally better to wear all my armor from a single set for the resistance bonus, or to mix and match?

Couple pages back but I figured I'd touch on this - Like mentioned the only 'set bonuses' are just resistance boosts, of which even a few points can be a significant difference. The thing to also keep in mind is that compared to World, the armor sets are themed extremely well in their ability sets. The Jyura armor is like the platonic ideal of the core of a Charge Blade build. Barioth has Greatsword written all over it, Pukei and Wroggi are both bow/bowgun armors. Barroth is like peak Lance, ect. You can mix and match as much as you want and fill in with decos too, but if you are someone who focuses on one type of weapon you can't go wrong with the associated monster sets.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sucks that the hunting horn armor is the kula set from the beginning of the game. I’ve decided to make the nargacuga set just because I’m tired of looking like an extra from the Aladdin stage play.

To be fair, the only thing that's really core to horn is Mastero, which is pretty painless to do in deco / charm slots. You could pretty easily run Narga armor (which is handy because Dodge is your only real defense) or Rathalos as a generic attacker armor that you can then slot in slugger/partbreaker/ect as needed.

Speaking of Deco slots - does anyone know if the Slide Affinity deco works for the S&S Slide attack switch skill or the Charge blade slide attack?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Honestly I still think attack up is a trap and it's not worth it to actively focus on unless you're a speedrunner or some sort of galaxy brained guardpoint / counterattack master. I got way more effective in world when I moved away from trying to single mindedly increase my killing power and focused instead on things that kept me alive and out of danger (Stun resist, evade window, divine blessing) and the weapon specific upgrades (Power Prolonger, focus, horn mastero, Artillery, ect) than a couple points of higher raw damage.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I started toying around with Charge Blade and Greatsword last night. CB did not go well - my mind blanks in the moment which move I need to do to go from charged -> Phials -> Charged shield -> Charged blade or Savage Axe and I just fumble it constantly. Greatsword by comparison was a lot more natural to me (though I was a hammer main in Iceborne, so I'm already pretty comfortable with positioning well for slow, high commitment attacks) and I loving love the switch skills for it. The shielded charge and rage slash feel amazing to use and while it does less damage than the normal true charged slash, the guardpoint and the ability to turn makes it so buttery smooth to use.

I think tonight is going to be experimenting with Bow and Lance. I'm like one Narga plate away from the narga bow and I'll probably break out a Zin lance. Lance was a solid backup weapon for me in iceborne and I really want to see how those silkbind attacks go

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zodack posted:

What's the deal with Guard Up in Rise? I've yet to be hit by an attack I can't block with my SnS shield, including some very lategame Big Whammys.

There's a few around. I know Zin has a few attacks that can tag you through block without guard up.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Speaking of Switch axe and world, did the Power Axe mode from Iceborne make it in? I really liked that and it gave you a reason to hang out in axe mode more for trips / breaks.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Kyrosiris posted:

I made my doggo look like a dragon because he's fierce. :3:

My dog has the Baggi armor because it gives him a suit and tie :3:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Oxyclean posted:

Is it just me or is there a few requests from the Dango girl that just don't give anything? Like specifically the kind that send you on a high rank hunt in the hub. Is it just for the specific benefit of giving you some extra 2 monster quests?

Pretty sure some of them upgrade existing items. One of the quests upgrades Dango Medic from Lo to High, for example.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ciaphas posted:

So about long sword and tripping in multiplayer: how the hell do you NOT end up hitting another hunter against monsters with small footprints? Having a real bad time with this, even with Goss Harag (when they're standing vertical anyway)

Yeah, at a certain point it's up to the other players to carry Flinch Free. You can pretty much always carry at least the first point once you get access to charm melding. For bigger monsters a lot of players have the impulse to go bash face on a monster trip - if I'm running a cutting weapon I usually leave that to the blunt damage folks like horns and hammers while I go work on chopping tails.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Thumbtacks posted:

From the way you guys talked about rage slash I assumed I could basically just full charge it and not have to deal with doing two charged/cancelled attacks first but it just seems like a weaker true charge attack that you can aim, the aiming part is cool but I thought it would be a bit better

Rage slash has a guardpoint on it so it's a lot harder for monsters to knock you out of it. If you do get hit during the guardpoint you do a shitload more damage too. It's risk vs reward.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Speaking of item pouch, what's the best way to keep track of your item inventory..? I have so many items now, and I'm starting to run out of pouch space sometimes from all the foraging. It helps me to have a routine with this many items to keep track of.

I don't even know what most of them are.

You don't really need to pack much with you honestly until you get to the tryhard post-game that's not really in yet. Even in 6* I'm mostly just packing potion, high potions, herbal meds, traps, and tranqs with some deoderant or Nulberry pack ins on fights where those are relevant.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I know it's not in meta nor will it probably ever be in meta in this game, but I still love my HBG and nobody can take it from me. I love my chonky dumb rambo guns and I will fight LBG people. I find that I'm having problems settling on one that I really like though, a lot of them have some glaring gaps. The Tetra HBG is an amazing spread gun and gets sticky/cluster access, but no slicing or wyvern. Zin HBG has some amazing damage and is an aces normal shooter with wyvern, slicing, and thunder piercer as backup, but only gets like sticky/cluster 1s. The Ladybug HBG gets access to like 90% of all the ammo so you can build it in interesting directions, but ammo caps are kind of miserable and it takes ages to slow reload. My next plan is to pick up Ibushi since it gets access to pretty much all the level 2/3s of the 'normal' ammo + sticky/clusters, good elemental access including dragon piercing with the only noticable flaw being lack of Wyvernfire.

Edit: Charged shots on the HBG is interesting. Fully charged raw it does +80% damage compared to uncharged, but you can still tap fire off regular shots faster. If you run shield you can also block while charging and while you lose the block you stay on your feet, so if you're not sure if an attack is going to hit you, you can brace, let the swing happen and if it whiffs you just start blasting. Where it really makes a difference is the stuff that's ammo limited (so stickies and Wyvern and IIRC status effects) to get more juice out of them. If you are consistent about using charged shots on your normals it also makes you ammo efficient like whoa - I don't have to craft any more normal/pierce/spread ammo mid match anymore and can go from start to finish with what I start with and restock at the box at the hub.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 5, 2021

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zodack posted:

Luckily meta has never and will never matter for any of the content in the game if you're reasonably competent and don't care about being "optimal", so go wild

I have a friend who recently picked up the Magnamalo HBG and swears by it as it can load a lot of different ammo

The main beef I have with it is I don't like Wyvernsnipe as much as I like Wyvernheart.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Diephoon posted:

Not sure why they didn't just make snipe/heart a switch skill so i could put the fun option on every gun

That or the alternate wyvernsnipe from world that makes it no longer piece but instead turn it into basically a mega sticky.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So what all weapons have good Rampage Variants aside from Horn and Bow? Horn is nice to make the babysitter healking rampage weapons, and Bow can crank out a bunch of reasonably good elemental weapons with not a lot of farming commitment, but I'm kind of hard pressed to think of another rampage weapon that hangs with the offerings available to be made as is.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I mean, in comparison to rise I feel like World did a lot better with the other monsters showing up to party crash. In world if you were fighting a Rathian and Rathalos (or Jho, or Beetlejuice, or ect ect) showed up and you had no dung pods it turns into a chaotic mess so quickly and you just do the Ralph Wiggums "Hehehe, I'm in danger" gif. With Rise it's not threatening at all to have another monster bomb in on you because it's pretty much a free monster ride and a bunch of shiny drops.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MMF Freeway posted:

very interested to see what they do with Chameleos since I don't remember it being an especially good fight in GU. Also I want my boy Teo back

I want to see Magdamalo and Nergigante squuare off.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zodack posted:

There's also the kind of strange "your hunts can now be invaded" message you get at HR6 and then it's just... always Rajang, always in the same spot, always asleep? Where's my boy Joe? Feels like that is another thing that will hopefully be expanded on.

The monster invasions are also now more of a "yay" thing than an "oh poo poo" thing. Once one of the monsters gets hit once or twice they lay down and let you mount up. Like, especially at the high end a lot of multiplayer already starts with two players running off to get stinked/puppet spiders and drag the other monsters in for a brawl because it's free damage and shinies. That would be the problem I'd have with Jho or bazel showing up in Rise, because it's no longer an "Oh poo poo now I gotta deal with you thing", it's a "Oh cool, more risk free shinies". The only way I can see that working is if Jho, rajang, and Bazel and the other high pressure invaders all get ways to forcibly dismount you and make you deal with them face to face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Bleck posted:

non-target monsters have significantly lower thresholds for mounting damage - they should just, without saying anything about it, make Joe an exception

Except you can still mount other things and take it over to Jho. He should be able to knock you off your puny Tobi Kadachi like the Apex Pickle he is.