Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
I’m sorely tempted to give gunlance another go, but there’s something so nice about Lance being able to get right up in a monsters business and stay there, because gently caress you, I’ve got a pointy stick and it’s going to go right up your nose.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Fingers crossed the farm mechanic stays sensible. Having to hire and level cats is to do it was unnecessary faff back in GenU compared to 3 and 4.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Hope that Rocket! Powered! Great! Sword! is back.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Reporting in that my sister, who received both our copies in the post is really happy with Rise so far.

I’ve got a trip to make this evening.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Deified Data posted:

So did those Rise amiibos come out and get scooped immediately or are they not up for sale yet?

My sisters got a magnamalo one straight from Nintendo in the UK

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Harrow posted:

Why do I have to work today when I could be hunting mons :negative:

I know, right? It’s disgusting, just because people need to, like, do stuff with their bank accounts, my team aren’t allowed the day off to play :mad:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
I went and killed the wroggi in hub for Fashion Hunter reasons.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

DalaranJ posted:

They’re in good with him on account of the nice portrayal they’ve given in the ghosts and goblins series.

One of the things I noticed was that they still do a trick from the pre-world days - stuff happening far away has its FPS reduced.

Ed: I like the Shield Bash on Lance. As long as you keep up the tether, losing the charge is workable and you’ll reliably produce Mount damage. It’s good for stuff like breaking barroth crowns and knocking rocks out of kulu’s hands. Stunning something and being able to go absolutely ham is nice, too.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 28, 2021

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Does it fill up your petalace, too?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
What I want to know is which group of perverts has got such good kompromat on Capcom that we got 2 generations of that lovely Mud Fish?

Especially when Gobul exists.

Ed: Somnacanth is good except for us not having access to anti sleep stuff yet, it’s part otter!

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 29, 2021

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Wonder if sharq Lance is back.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
That reminds me - something I’ve not seen in the shop yet: charm/talon. If that’s been baked-in that’s bag space freed up.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Oxyclean posted:

I have a healing cat with it. FWIW, it's part of "equipped moves," not the skills that you set, I didn't even notice this tab till now. Can't say I like the idea that this stuff is fairly random.

Making a “perfect” Palico in GU was teeth-grindingly frustrating.
And that’s with access to a hacked 3DS to get Japan-only skills.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 29, 2021

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Longsword? More like wrongsword! :v:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s it. It’s basically trophies since the Switch/Nintendo don’t have a system level reward like achievement/trophy so games do them within the game itself.

If previous games are anything to go by, rainbow dye.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Mode 7 posted:

I don't know how people "main" a weapon in these games because they're all cool.

Because Lance done right is really safe and I get to make train/car noises when I charge at stuff?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I checked the list and this time, almost every monster is weak to fire, so I made the only LBG that can rapidfire the Piercing Fire ammo. Holy poo poo, either the build is completely unusable or you need a TON of skills to make it work because I used up absolutely all of my ammo and it still took 30 minutes to kill Basarios.

Uh, Basarios is literally a rock. You want water or dragon on that one.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Capcom hit it out the park with the new neopteron. :catstare:/10, unpleasantly extensible.

Ed: New subs have a request at the trader unlocks at certain levels. Second one needs HR areas for materials.

Ed: Ed:
Yes, decos can be changed.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 5, 2021

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I did that the other day. I felt awful about dragging the monster out of the zone, but the 'other monster' was Rajang and it needed someone to slap it awake and ride it until it face-cannoned that Anjanath. :colbert:

Why feel guilty? If pubs don’t want to use the fun method to hunt, that’s their problem. I’m going to smash these monsters together like I’m 6 and they’re made of plastic while I make comic book noises NYEOWNNN CRSHHH BKMMM

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Poniard posted:

im playing hammer in gen u with striker style now

Funny way to spell aerial style :confused:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Finally got around to trying Lance.

I hate it :negative:

I’m so sorry you had to find out that you’re a wrong’un this way.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Petalace replaced sucking up slot/skill space for +hp gems and I’m okay with that.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

pixaal posted:

Great Jaggi is the boring T-Rex, which works perfect since it's normally the 2nd quest in the game right after the "kill 12 small monsters and make some armor from them" intro quest.

The thing with Great Jaggi is that sometimes it’ll hipcheck you, then laugh.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Tekopo posted:

Talking about MH monster archetypes, I'm currently going through MHGU for the first time (decided to pick it up while I was waiting for the April Rise update) and I just fought Gypceros and I have to say that I really love the design ethos for the monster.

He perfectly encapsulates the "rear end in a top hat Monster" archetype, where everything he does is annoying:
- Has poison, so you gotta stock antidotes for him.
- Steals your stuff.
- Has a flash that stuns you.
- And an extra one that I'm gonna spoiler for anyone that hasn't fought him before: Literally pretends to die! I thought the game had glitched out when it happened and I laughed out loud when he woke up with the attack.

He was such fun to fight and even though he was filled with semi-annoying tricks, the whole package really works well.

Nah, gently caress that stupid flappy-arsed flail-chicken. Tzitzi supremacy.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just got destroyed by him, gently caress

He seriously punishes getting greedy with attacks. Take the hits where you can get them and he’ll go down.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Thought: we have damage text now - does it show up while Chameleos is invisible? If you poisoned it could you track it?

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Ah, problem solved, yet another reason to play Funlance!

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Not sure whether to bother keeping on with the meld rodeo, or just come to terms with what it’s given me so far: a 3/2 slot with fortify and a level of wire bug, which are at least universally useful and can be slotted with whatever a given build needs.
:effort:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Monkeys paw curls, and you get nothing but tails from Izuchi, forever :drac:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
I main Lance and I’m really bad at cutting tails :saddumb:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Chug a demondrug at the start of a quest, increases your raw by 5 until you cart.

Drugs don’t expire on carting on quests any more. They do on expeditions, though.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Familiarity with Valstrax helps. I got wiped out once with a zombie gunlance setup, went back with a cheesy bazel Lance set and slowly wound it up from cautious to nope-nope-nope by the end. The blunt-damage invinci-charge is very useful both for no-selling quick hits and breaking the wings when they’re in the ground.

PS: take gourmet fish, they’re good for chip damage.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 28, 2021

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
For the poster having trouble with Lunastra, take the fire mantle and the health booster, alternate between. Keep Cool Drink up and try to dodge the blue fire between the two tools being on cooldown, job’s a good’un.

Oh, DO NOT FLASH POD HER.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Don’t forget, expeditions don’t count. You can cycle it fast by doing the 1* lantern quest in the village.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm the same way, the framerate is definitely rough, but I kinda doubt it'll be different in the full version. It's not enough to ruin the game but it's disappointing for sure.

The Aptonoth I hatched also had a rainbow gene, I'm not sure what that means, the game said something about bingo but it hasn't explained any of that. all I can tell is "rainbow gene good."

If it’s like the first one, there’s a persona-lite system that you’ll get later that lets you swap monster genes between them on a board that can colour match for bonuses.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
If you want an armour set for world pre-iceborne that’s comfy, but not broken, the Witcher quest armour set has Vaal-Hazak style HP regen. It won’t make you invincible, but it’ll help avoid needing a zillion potions.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

The Grumbles posted:

Finally bit the bullet and bought MHW and Iceborne on PC, after my PS4 save got wiped before Iceborne's release. Turns out I'm not minding going through MHW too much - especially with the defender gear - and it's still a lot of fun. It's also nice to have high framerates and quick loading times.

Does anyone have any advice for graphical settings to get everything looking as nice as possible? I'm playing on 1440p 144hz, and it handles all the settings on highest just fine but everything looks kind of - blurry? Is there some weird anti aliasing going on?

The TAA is really aggressive, try with it off. Volume Rendering can also introduce fuzz. Check your render scale, too. If it’s below 1440 that’ll add Vaseline to things.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Amiibo info:
Limit of 10 total scans a day.
1 outfit from any of the Stories 1 amiibos, free stuff like potions every time.
1 sticker set(?) from any of the Rise amiibos, free stuff like potions every time.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm seeing amiibo cards for sale, are these a legit thing for people who don't want to pay tons of money for scarce figures? I'm also guessing the figures aren't out yet as I can't find them anywhere.

Pretty much anything that can read NFC can write to it too, with the correct software. I’ll say no more, because :files:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Now that’s a thing to check - do the egg charts for the old game still work for this one?