Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

RatHat posted:

Ok scratch that, you SHOULD open packs before claiming the Diamond Samuro or Mankrik because they’ll have a full dust refund for a week!
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/duplicate-legendary-issue-blademaster-samuro-mankrik/56476

Can you buy packs with gold at a pre launch fireside, or is this just for pre-orders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Any other good standard decks with the unnerfed cards? Feels like it's time for a last blast on some off meta galakrond and highlander decks. I threw together a galakrond quest shaman and it felt reasonable.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Let me just say...

"Farewell, fellow humans!"

:woop: :woop:

And good riddance. What is going to be the new most toxic card to play against?

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah pen flinger + frenzy mechanic = annoying.

Had a poke through the early high level decks on HSReplay. Glad to see that mill warlock is the lowest win rate of all. Surprised to see no-minion C'Thun mage right up near the top - it's quite fun and surprisingly powerful. 2 games so far at D4; both easy wins. Tons of draw, burn, removal and generation. Dropping mask of cthun against an empty board is pyroblast for 7 or less mana.

### No Minion Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Font of Power
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
# 2x (4) Ring Toss
# 2x (5) Apexis Blast
# 2x (7) Flamestrike
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 2x (8) Deep Freeze
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAf0EAsW4A7/gAw7BuAOMuQOBvwPexAPgzAPHzgP73QPr3gPQ7APR7AP8ngT9ngT+ngTonwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

I only played one game of Casual and used Prime Warlock and they conceded on turn 3 and then rage added me to yell at me for playing a good deck in Casual and I didn't have the heart to tell them that you can play Wild decks in Casual too and they were definitely going to encounter much worse things.

Is the rage adding an region-specific thing? Or prevalent at a particular rank? I've been playing hearthstone daily for about 3 years and only had one rage add and it was ages ago. I avoid some of the most toxic decks but it sounds pretty common from the thread.

I did actually add someone the other week to apologise after my solarian cleared his lethal board, created and buffed a board for me and pyroblasted him in the face.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Chernabog posted:

IMO of those only spring water is busted. In spell mage it is literally 0 mana draw 2.

Feels like there is space for a mostly spells deck with one or two minion finishers. The 'if your deck has no minions' spells aren't amazing on their own. Guessing antonidas isn't still in the normal card pool..

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

ccubed posted:

As a very new player. Who started at the end of Feb just to play battlegrounds. And then everything got stale (bring back prizes.) So i put together a spell mage deck since i couldn't afford anything else. it's been really fun and now a nightmare. Secret Pally is so many magnitudes stronger. And most decks are competitive if spell mage doesn't get lucky early. I legit don't think spell mage should be nerfed.

I'll bet blizzard internal testing shows that spell mage falls off a cliff at a certain rank.

I kind of agree. I've been legend a few times and normally sit at high diamond and mage is my most played class. I think I understand the deck although I haven't played it that much.

If you hit the nuts of DoL plus incanters plus draw then it can feel ridiculous but it's entirely possible to drop an early DoL, get no draw or bad draw and get burned down by another mage who didn't hit their DoL. And it folds to aggro and can be teched against quite easily with the spells cost more next turn minion or ogremancer. It feels less consistently good than original cyclone mage to me (although that got nerfed fairly quick I think). Maybe it just hasn't clicked for me yet.

GTO fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 6, 2021

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

One reason Deck of lunacy is strong is the current small card pool meaning you can predict what you'll get from it and rig it to be strong. As more expansions come out it will probably get weaker. If there was another 10 cost minion buff spell it would be significantly weaker right now.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

What about making it 2 cost deal 2 damage? Would make it less efficient at cleaning minions then. Plus also making it not go face.

As mentioned above pen finger is one of the few cards I both hate playing and playing against. So sick of those annoying voice lines!

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Does anyone know how to get rid of the blue around the play button? I thought I'd have to play a game of classic or something but that didn't get rid of it.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

In case anyone was wondering, playing a second deck of lunacy doesnt seen to upgrade your cards any more. Played double dol turn 4 because I could and just in case it led to something ridiculous.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

orangelex44 posted:

Lunacy, itself, is dead. Whether no-minion Mage is dead is a much harder determination.

One thing I've found with really early lunacy is that if you don't have the right spells in hand (board control and / or draw) then you're immediately in top deck mode which makes it way more random and less good. I don't have any data but almost think t4 spring water (to draw more options to deal with their t4) into lunacy might be a good play even though intuitively you'd prefer the opposite.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Quotey posted:

ohmigodohmigodohmigod

HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!!!!!

What's maiev got to do with that?

Small indie company I guess...

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Cry Havoc posted:

got 5k dust nice

what fun decks should we be trying now

or is the meta still toxic somehow

Probably still paladin but control priest might be worth a look now

### Spell Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
#
AAECAaKrBAbIvgOd2AP76AOe6wPU7QO0igQMk7oDr7oD3swD184D/tED4t4D+98D+OMDlugDmusDhZ8EwZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Meatbag Esq. posted:

If you're looking for a priest deck to try it out with, just made legend with this list. The patch made a huge difference. Went from hovering around diamond 9 to legend in 2 days. You kinda scoop to warlock unless you destroy them with Illucia, but otherwise it does great against pretty much everyone else.

### SuchSkill
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Brittlebone Destroyer
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (6) Lightshower Elemental
#
AAECAd35AwjWzgP70QPg5QP76AOa6wOe6wPU7QO0igQLk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D/tEDjtQD4t4D+98D+OMDlugDAA==
#

How do you tend to close out games with this? I like a control style game but played a bit with this and it just seemed to lack finishing power when I was piloting.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

I've been climbing 5-3 28th rush warrior and only losing games to demon hunter, maybe try one of those 2?

As a daily but not hard-core player I find making legend needs a deck that just clicks for you with a ridiculous win rate and a fair bit of luck.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

DeadButDelicious posted:

Todays messup; mulligan Thorngrowth Sentries, Solar Eclipse, 2x Innverate, and had coin. I look at that and correctly deduce "Wow, I can 4/8 with taunt on the board in turn one, that's insane!"

So of course I naturally get far too excited and pop solar eclipse first. Instead of, y'know, being smart and going coin > innervate > innervate > solar eclipse > thorngrowth sentries.

I still won in the end but drat I was really salty about messing up that opener. I'd love to hear some board tales of misplays that either worked in your favour or against it.

The classic prep > coin > concede combo never gets old.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Last King posted:

i think it's dependent upon where you're playing at. those stats are probably taking into consideration all ranks. i don't pay for premium but i'd be willing to be that at diamond to legend bracket it's much lower at say 50% - 55%.

i've been stuck here and even swapping over to that didn't really help. seen a lot of priest, warlock, and rush warrior and it's been a real slog.

### Secret Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 1x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Avenge
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAZ8FCIPeA5boA/zoA9vuA+fwA6iKBLCKBOqfBAvKwQOezQOO1AOF3gOR5APM6wPO6wPP6wPj6wPrnwTIoAQA
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/KVvX0pGeT4NvdaXRSC8TBc/

This is the highest ranked high level paladin deck on hsreplay over the last 3 days, 66.7% at d5-1, 65% diamond plus legend.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Last King posted:

interesting...

what are the win rates against priest, warlock, and warrior (rush)? i swear that's all i queue into, and this deck seems to be unfavorable to all those, even if you get lucky and start with a good hand.

37 vs warrior
47 vs priest
56 vs hunter
70s+ vs all the others

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

The mini sets are a good idea. It will dilute the discover pool a bit, shake up the meta and anyone who's saved gold since release should easily have enough to get it for free.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Same, with libram secret pally. Contesting the board early is key with that deck, getting two one drops down on turn one on the coin puts you in such a good position if you have a hand of adal or even a libram. The 'draw a holy spell' 1 drop is great for tutoring too.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

What if you've already got cards from the prebuilt deck? Do you get a discount? Or duplicates?

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Last King posted:

it's activi$$$$ion so there's no way they're gonna get you any real value... it's just straight up cash grabs from here on out. they've made this abundantly clear when they jammed the whole tavern pass system on everyone.

Having got into this game about 3 years ago (rastakhans rumble) I'd have to dispute this. The battle pass and mini sets are both better value than what they used to offer, plus you get the basic set for free and get to choose a starter deck to own and can buy another one.

Its WAY easier / cheaper to get a competitive deck these days, and to get a majority of cards.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

If you can build this do it, it is hilarious. I love it.

I don't think this a good deck (and hsreplay agrees - 48% at diamond / legend), but it is very satisfying when it goes off.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

I played control warlock once I hit legend last season (last few days) and was steadily climbing with it. Didn't see any priests at legend or during the d5-1 climb.

Delete warlock I really want to work but it just isn't good.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Has anyone done the maths on the decks for sale of you have all / most of the cards already? ie whether it's worth it for a single legendary plus the dust?

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Flayer posted:

You can math it out in various ways but most straightforwardly if you don't have 2 of the Legendaries it's "worth" it in a vacuum compared to the cost of a pre-order. If you don't have 3 Legendaries and 4 Epics then it's great, in that comparison.

It's worth it for 1 new Legendary compared to the standard cost of packs without any kind of discount.

I just had a look through each of them, the demon hunter one would give me 3 of the 8 remaining legendaries from Barrens which seems quite reasonable. Several of them would give just duplicates, feels like the whole thing could do with some refinement so you don't have to manually work out the value for each deck yourself!

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Flayer posted:

That's annoying, I'd get 3 new Legendaries and 1 new Epic from the DH deck, which seems like a great deal, but the Legendaries all seem trash tier so probably not really worth it :saddowns:

Yeah I'm in the same position. It does mean any future legendaries you draw from packs will be from the remaining good pool I guess? Dunno if I'm just trying to talk myself into it!

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

No Wave posted:

There isnt really another way to do it besides locking players out of doing anything when they have short fights. Which they should absolutely not do. Keeping players engaged is more important than fairness.

A button for skipping fights is more arguable but I still am sympathetic to their not removing it because skipping fights would always be optimal but watching fights is fun and those two things should not be in tension.

There are other ways they could do it though. Eg a button to skip that appears after xx seconds, or speeding up the animations / skipping frames after xx seconds. The calculations are all performed in the first second, what they are showing is all cosmetic.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Definitely agree on paladin being very strong. I just made legend for the second month in a row with this deck, 9-0 from d5 to d2 then about 2/3 win rate from there. Faced mostly mages, druids, priests and other paladins, a couple of warriors and rogues and one hunter.

First day of school definitely doesn't feel like a nerf, you can't do the 2 minions on turn 1 play to guarantee a hand of adal target but you get a lot more utility from the extra 1 drop. Had infectious sporeling be absolutely clutch in 2 games, using it to clear a big minion then turn one of my unbuffed minions into one ready to use as a clear the next turn.

Reckoning is a great card, you can just not worry about not being able to clear a 3 attack minion around turn 3-4 and people often don't play around it.

I play the deck in a control style, almost always focusing on battling for board control, getting the librams really cheap, not over committing to the board, setting up 4x libram of hope for the endgame and using the pen finger with 0 cost spells for late game removal.

Hard mulligan for everything 1 and 2 mana apart from pen finger and the secrets. Establishing and holding the board early is key, make sure to play around hysteria and not buff minions above 4 attack against priest.

No one played ooze against me which is crazy considering this is a popular meta deck that runs 5 weapons.

### Secret Libram Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 1x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 1x (1) Pen Flinger
# 1x (1) Reckoning
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 1x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 1x (7) Libram of Judgment
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAZ8FCsq4A4TBA5/NA4XeA/3jA/voA5HsA9vuA9D3A6iKBAr9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOezQOD3gPM6wPO6wPP6wMA
#

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

I had 2 play druid quests so I got this from hsreplay and have had more opponent reactions (a rage add and lots of 'wow' emotes) in 5 games than the last month together.

You can reliably get a massive tempo swing on t3/4 depending on which extra mana spells you get, dropping a full board of minions and buffing them for a quick win. Currently 4 wins from 5.

### Token Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Gibberling
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (1) Resizing Pouch
# 2x (2) Guess the Weight
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Thorngrowth Sentries
# 2x (3) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
# 1x (4) Soul of the Forest
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
#
AAECAbSKAwKP5APXnwQO5boD77oD+cwDm84DudID8NQDieADiuAD0eEDjOQDrewDs+wDrp8E2Z8EAA==
#

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Acerbatus posted:

I definitely liked when "clear the board" was 7-8 mana, 5 at lowest.

Definitely feels like the best strategy is 9/10 times just push through and ignore the other guy entirely. Trying to play intelligently and around board wipes and stuff kept me stuck at diamond 5, just smorc hit face got me to legend.

I remember reading a good tip from a top player a while back about this. They were highlighting the opposite of 'playing around' what an opponent might have, which is 'make them have the card' ie you might try to play conservatively and avoid putting minions on the board in case they have a hysteria, the flipside is could you drop a board that isn't all in for you but that makes them answer it and they lose if they have the wrong cards in hand - as every turn gives them more of a chance to draw or generate the right cards.

I guess it's closely tied into the concept of knowing who is the aggressor in a given match up or game.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I kind of feel like this poo poo is how we end up with Paladin just having Better Cards then like anyone else. They want Paladin to still be a minion based class, but how does that even work in modern Hearthstone against all the crap Priest, (and to a lesser but still kind of crazy extent, Mage and Warlock) can pull? Well the answer is just give them super strong minions, buffs and ways to protect them (OMY, Galloping etc).

And then they also end up just kind of clobbering everyone else, whoops.

Paladin was unplayable for a long time due to not having any card draw. There are loads of options now which has really flipped the class around imo.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Last King posted:

i've yet to play a priest who didn't have multiple board clears (soul mirror, samuro plus apotheosis combo, multiple hysterias, xyrella, etc.). didn't matter if it was drawn, already in hand, or generated through any one of their numerous options.

with priest, it seems to be not do they have it, but how many times do they have it?

Yes, depending on how much legs your deck has dictates how early you go - eg an aggro deck needs to demand an answer before all those options can come online or it will lose vs priest every time. A control deck needs (and would have) more board refill options. How long your deck can go dictates how much you need to pressure for an answer and draw out their options.

The priests skill as a player is partially about knowing what you're likely to play and prepping or holding back the counters for it.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

I got this deck from Reddit about a week ago and been having fun and success with it. Strangely not seen it on hsreplay despite having a pretty good win rate myself.

### Custom Druid2
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (1) Resizing Pouch
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 1x (6) Forest Warden Omu
# 2x (7) Umbral Owl
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
#
AAECAbSKAwaj0QOd2AP76APn8AO0igS1igQM6LoDm84D8NQDieADiuADleADpOED0eEDjOQDj+QDlugDrp8EAA==
#

I have had a lot of wins from cheating out things like omu +double cenarion wards as early as turn 6. Got some interesting decisions around when to use your extra mana cards for max tempo, and resizing pouch can be used for early game tempo, playing on curve (like a poor man's zephrys), or late game finishers.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

mcbexx posted:

I don't know what the current flavour for a Celestial Alignment deck is, but this is what I saw Thijs playing and it's pretty bonkers.

Lady Anaconda makes most of your spells 0 mana once you ramped and played Celestial Alignment. Then you draw all of your deck, re-ramp along the way, gain a lot of armor and go for an easy C'thun setup by drawing all your spells with Malygos if need be.

This is my first run with it, including a glorious Solar Eclipse into Innervate misplay, seems good. 8 turns :laugh:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Wjdjh3E2ZHqmdzcA7sXnVe

### Celestial Lady
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 1x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Feral Rage
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (6) Forest Warden Omu
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (6) Lady Anacondra
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (7) Celestial Alignment
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
# 1x (10) C'Thun, the Shattered
#
AAECAeSiBAaj0QOd2AOK4AO/4APk7gO1igQM6LoDm84D8NQDieADpOED0eEDwOwDiZ8Erp8E2p8EoKAEuKAEAA==
#

This has got the potential for some crazy plays but I'm 1 for 6 so far and the one was against another celestial alignment druid...

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

I remember being quite confused for a while as a new player when I summoned, resurrected etc battlecry cards and didn't get the effect. So just a paragraph of proper explanation of each effect somewhere wouldn't go amiss tbh..

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

The big brain play is to realise you’re at the very intentionally manufactured gate where Time Played becomes much more impactful than Quality Played, and refuse to engage.

Dad Legend is Legend without the time sink trappings, and they need you to believe otherwise for those Engagements.

Good advice! I've made legend 3 times in about 2 years of playing, each time when a meta deck 'clicked' for me and I found myself with a very high (65-70+%) win rate and also enjoying the games. Doing it in any other circumstances would require more time invested than I want.

Games length is a factor too depending on class.

D5 is good enough most months.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

For this weeks brawl. Opponent will probably ban pogo hopper but with reasonable draw you can still have a full board of mechwarpers on t1. Regardless of what they ban you should be able to win.

I played my whole deck against the priest I faced by turn 4.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 1x (1) Pogo-Hopper
# 1x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Mechwarper
#
AAEBAZurBASUD/W7Atf6AqrLAwAA
#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Is the dust refund for that mana to health card not working for anyone else? I got the message in game but its not showing a full dust refund.