Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sivart13 posted:

But I get the feeling Jason is an incredibly irritating person to argue with so I'm fine with it not being any more heated than that.

lmao exactly, triple click absolutely exudes the "i already know it's not worth it to try to argue with This Guy" vibe sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah Strong Songs is an absolute delight and Kirk is unbelievably talented

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

richard stink was hilarious

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

livestream tonight: a bunch of stuff about dnd and also confirmation that all of the mcelroys listen to hollywood handbook

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

justin's lightning-fast pivot to richard stink talking about his walk with Jesus was absolutely perfect

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

E: immediately after posting this Griffin drops that actually, because The USS Biggest Baby is made of the bones of a dead and long-forgotten god, the boat has a soul! Only a few people can even pilot it! Holy poo poo!

E2: Justin made the diving suits into loving vape juice airtank suits

ethersea already much better than last campaign

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i can't believe they talked about bathysphere habitats for 10 minutes, mentioned they look like grapes, and did not make the connection that they literally look like fish eggs

0/10, show ruined

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh my god travis with the perfect guess, inc redible

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

only listened to the first 15 minutes but it's good to hear them goofin around again. i wonder how the 'anytime i hear an accent i assume it's problematic' quadrant of the mbmbam fandom will react to Justin's character voice, which I'm pretty sure is just meant to be creepy old Southern lady

but this is good stuff so far

it's time we talk about clint appropriating the very real condition of your personality being a combination of a bunch of ghosts

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol it seems like matthew lillard did not get the message that griffin does the dm parts in the reading but absolutely no one is going to intervene and stop him

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a better question might be how soon will they be criminals

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i hear griffin wasn't even under 30 for a while when he was saying 30 under 30

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i'd never gotten around to watching Tiny Heist, the dimension 20 season the mcelroys did with a few other people, and it's such a delight, both justin and griffin absolutely killing it 24/7 and even travis being surprisingly good as the straight man

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that was a good podcast

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Froghammer posted:

Griffin's ship combat system is super cool and I dig it a lot. Ethersea is popping off hard.

yeah i really dig the "every round one ship is in position and one isn't, and that defines your ability selection" system, makes it fun while totally abstracting out any maneuvering, which would be horrible to deal with in any concrete way over audio

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

montaigne would be dumb not to release a full version of a song that tens of thousands of people hear every week

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

This is part of what bothers me about it, I think. Not only is it incredibly saccharine, but it seems like unhealthy boundaries between podcaster and listener are what both the McElroys and their audience have come to expect and the song is not helping. The podcast should not be trying to be my best friend

it's a song

montaigne also made a surprisingly beautiful song on commission about driving a truck for a comedian who streams euro truck simulator. it's just what she does there's not some secret message unique to mbmbam with every word tailored to it

eke out fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 9, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

i have bad news for you and it concerns the entire genre of pop music

also im p sure the 40 year old dudes in this thread are very much the exception and their average listener is 20something

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Disappointing Pie posted:

I genuinely think it’s just that tours are a huge part of their income for the year and they really need to get back out there asap.

i wonder why they haven't committed harder to live performances or other ways to get income. as far as i've been able to tell, quite a lot of people paid for the shows they've done over pandemic

and what they haven't done is live episodes of TAZ, which I think even more people would absolutely pay ten bucks or whatever for

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

more falafel please posted:

They did do a live ep of TAZ, another run of Honey Heist.

you're right, I guess the thing I was thinking is like live one-shots with balance or amnesty characters that fans would be excited to see

speaking of i need to relisten to the one where griffin plays 11 year old griffin mcelroy and turns into a car

eke out fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 10, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

I don't listen to podcasts fast but I do read fast, so if anyone watches me play, like, a JRPG or something, they get very frustrated because i'm quickly going through dialog boxes and they can't follow along

But I'm not doing it to speedrun, I just... read fast

I've tried watching anime at 1.15x speed and it can make some of the animation look a little odd at times even though you'd think anime would be best suited for it (often being animated at one drawing every 6/8 frames). i wouldn't bother with podcasts.. especially going above 1.2x? It'll cause words to crunch together and phonemes to get lost/blurred

i understand the compulsion (wanting to binge something but you have limited time) but it seems like a worse experience

it's nice for history podcasts or other informational things when you're paying close attention, but using it for comedy seems totally insane

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmfao how long has griffin been sitting on the Phantom Seacoast Co.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also this episode was great, everyone did their thing very well

season really does have season 1 vibes, it's much more fun and relaxed than things have been in a long time, even though everyone's way more in character than they were back in those early days

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol @ travis suggesting they use all the extra money on helping whoever that dude was and justin immediately getting extremely salty

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

justin talking about how it's the most successful thing he's ever done online and it in no way can help his career was very funny actually

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's exciting that Sonic has finally appeared in the adventure zone

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is a thread for people who love travis and think it's important to be serious when you're playing among us

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

Travis made some cringey jokes about Harry Stiles and then owned up to queerbaiting and also apologized for being straight

just remembered this happened and laughed out loud

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1440327727068815363

lmao further confirmation that justin did get very unironically into cologne and this character is his self-loathing over it

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

really good news, ethersea has been a return to form and it'll be nice to spend some time with it without every arc taking 6+ months

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I want to buy a beer for whoever at iHeartRadio put MBMBAM into the category for Best Ad Reads, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Also how hosed up is it that podcasts have an award category for ad reads

in a previous year they put hollywood handbook up

which, if you've ever heard HH, had to be some kind of joke

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Not sure what you're talking about, I love my Brilliant Earth Funky Factables.

they are the rare podcast where fans actively re-post the ads lol https://soundcloud.com/james-draper-4/hollywood-handbook-brilliant-earth-ad

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Modern Leper posted:

I had actually drafted a post about how much I like Devo's emotional beats. The lobby blow up was a bit much, but the underlying sentiment felt true, and I think it opens him up to being less resentful in other settings. I also like how much Devo's humor is built from pushing against the "open every chest, fight every battle" trope of role-playing games, which works really well in a space where our heroes don't have plot armor.

yeah i weirdly like how travis is playing this character, he's a raw nerve and doing a lot of dumb poo poo socially that seems to actually be quite well-explained by his background

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh I'm also the kinda dude who used to crash his own house party I'm well aware it's very real and relatable -- but that experience supports my criticism; being bristly and immature with society as your "method" of dealing with your trauma leads to embarrassment and pain less often than success.

i agree with you, in the sense that it's very obviously self-destructive behavior that does not help the group, but it seems to be intentional and not just travis being dumb and i'm happy to see the character work through it

also lol i guess this is what brian's doing when they're not doing LMaM episodes

https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/1451635660993929217

eke out fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 22, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the question about how they drive a big truck and don't like it and justin interrupts "stupid!" made me laugh so hard

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the part where guy is narrating tim turning on his video and revealing he dressed in a sharp three piece suit for the now-cancelled blart recording was very funny though

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Just Chamber posted:

Seems a bit odd they couldnt just reschedule and record it another time really

per the above screenshot, it sounds like they literally already have

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Devo and Amber self destructing is just absolutely amazing

this episode was great, i think i laughed the most at any taz in a long time

justin and clint totally killing it

Adbot