Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

boop the snoot posted:

Why didn’t max just take a penalty

It doesn’t actually matter, Max wouldn’t have opened a 5 seconds gap in 5 laps with Lewis within DRS for the first couple of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Zeta Acosta posted:

Pope Francis sucks

He means well but falls short compared to Anglicism‘s Supreme Governor who, if I understand religion correctly, is actually higher than God on the org chart

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Why hasn't the FIA released the Bottas onboard for the crash yet?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

Apple users discovering 4K for the first time "wow you guys need to see this!". It'll be a glorious day for you when Apple invents an oven (or air fryer, probably) and you can finally heat your food before eating it.

Sounds like a good idea, would be harder to hack than the current ones

https://twitter.com/zackwhittaker/status/1384157936402845701

poty
Jun 21, 2008

GramCracker posted:

Great job getting your 100th pole today, OP!

Wow, two very significant victories of Good over Evil on the same day in history, what are the odds?

https://twitter.com/vtchakarova/status/1390976441047736320

poty
Jun 21, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

I'd link the actual tweet but Ferrari unsportingly deleted it after a few people went "uhh..."

Wow, Ferrari needs to get cancelled out of F1

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Khablam posted:

Mercedes must be poo poo scared of Max if their visible to the naked eye straight line speed advantage isn't enough.
"waaaa he's almost keeping up with the DRS open!"
Maybe poois should focus on not losing out badly on anything that isn't a DRS pass he completes before the braking zone even starts.

This sport sometimes.

I think it would be one thing if Verstappen beat Lewis fair and square, I would be disappointed but would get over it eventually, I guess.

Losing points to this Red Bull, probably the most illegal car of all time, and to Verstappen's reckless Nascar-style "Widowmaker" overtaking is the opposite of that!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Reminder that this weekend the free practice is today and not on Friday...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I've been reading F1 forums in the deep web and someone mentioned that Lewis is the first driver not to receive the 100 WDC points for reaching 100 pole positions. Is anyone in the mainstream media going to look into this?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wow, after banning me from their forums for posting about it, Autosport admits that Nico Rosberg only "won" the WDC because his whole strategy was to crash with Lewis on purpose!

These two articles were released yesterday within minutes of each other.

"A first-corner collision in Senegal between the Extreme E teams of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg paved the way for Rosberg X Racing to score consecutive championship victories."

"Nico Rosberg says he is channelling a “Formula 1 approach” to bring success to his Rosberg X Racing team in Extreme E after the squad scored another victory in Senegal."

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It doesn't make much sense for Honda to leave the sport after managing to make probably the best engine. The only explanation I can think of is that they've gotten to know Max and realise that F1 would die if he were to become WDC, and they want no part in it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

They should replace Bottas with George immediately and not wait until next year. The Red Bull is very cheaty and Lewis needs help now with his 8th* WDC. George being faster and out of contention for the championship will help more, and it will prepare George to start fighting Lewis next season, once he's the certified GOAT even according to the unfair FIA record book.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

track day bro! posted:

*in b4 9000 ppl dogpile me because somehow seeing an image from a manga makes them vomit blood or something*

I report almost all of your posts but if we outlaw anime, only outlaws will have anime

poty
Jun 21, 2008

F1 should refuse to go Paul Ricard until they get rid of whatever funny business is going on withthe runoffs and set up some honest grass and gravel.

track day bro! posted:

thats why they are one of the top incomprehensible gibberish posters itt

Rude

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Suntoucher posted:

No, one race is in Austria and the other is in Styria.

Wow, I knew F1 had no issue taking money from problematic governments but I didn't think they'd go to Syria

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1407005565910503431?s=19

F1 must take action and ban the Red Bull teams before they kill again

poty
Jun 21, 2008

They should have cancelled the podium and held a minute's silence in memory of Verstappen and his many Gs instead

poty
Jun 21, 2008

hostile apostle posted:

very legal, very cool

Verstappen had no room to the outside, he had no choice but turning into Lewis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Max33Verstappen/status/1416864989244272641
Wow, not one mention of the NHS heroes who saved his life yesterday, ungrateful.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This incorrect. Nico is a truly and deserving champion and had nothing left to prove after proving to be Lewis Hamilton's superior on the track.

I reported this post

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I heard Red Bull got a Hollywood studio to recreate the crash for the FIA and they hired the Steve Urkel actor to play Lewis and Chris Hemsworth to play Verstappen. Troubling if true.

poty fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 29, 2021

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah it’s been terrible if your big budget driver was anybody other than Lewis

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Apparently lewis's water bottle broke so he was incredibly dehydrated by the end of the race because it was so hot.

You could hear Lewis breathing heavily on the radio during the race at some point, I think when he got confused about being 4th/5th and having 4 cars ahead of him. Crazy drive in context.

poty fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 1, 2021

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8puT8kdgai4

Hopefully the people on the Merc radio noticed Lewis breathing like he was delivering a baby

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I got as far as Lewis, which is therefore obviously the correct amount to know, and not related to us being roughly the same age.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Who was running Merc strategy today, Nico Rosberg? I would like some Youtube nerd to crunch the numbers, but was that really Lewis' last chance to pit ahead of Verstappen? Was Lewis on hards in the lead really going to be slower than the McLarens and Verstappen on (newer) hards in traffic? Verstappen should have gotten a race ban, but he should never have had the chance to be near Lewis in the first place

Bottas was two cars ahead of Lando and Verstappen when the crash happened, he could have also slowed them down.

poty fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 12, 2021

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Khablam posted:

When the stewards say Lewis was in the wrong, its up for debate (read: never ever accepted as true)
When the stewards say Max was in the wrong - this is the word of an omnipotent body who can impart no wrong upon their works.

The stewards are consistently wrong and biased towards Verstappen. The penalty today is way too small for that move.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Has anyone else noticed that all the races that Verstappen wins are boring and bad, whereas the races that Lewis wins are instant classics?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wow, I’m shocked to my core by Touchedwinggate, as historians will probably refer to this scandal. It raises so many questions. How long has Verstappen been wrecking stuff on Lewis’ car sneakily? Is that bump on Verstappen’s wrist a Pocket EMP Generator? Thank you to the Brazilian heroes who showed us the truth despite FOM’s best efforts

straight up brolic posted:

You are the most insane poster in this thread by magnitudes lmao

Actually she’s a moderate centrist in the Lewis-Max spectrum in my view

poty fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 13, 2021

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Rinkles posted:

apparently he may have not been touching it, just comparing the gaps using his hand/thumb

Ok Mr Newey

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Khablam posted:

According to Marco, (...) Max broke it.

I knew it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

How is this fair

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The FIA must be devastated

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Excuse me if I'm being rude, but that Verstappen sure is a piece of work.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1. If Verstappen was trying to let Lewis past, why didn't he, you know, let him past after the crash?

2. Have you noticed that Verstappen seems to get asked to give positions back very often lately? Maybe something should be done about the root cause for that.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

spaceblancmange posted:

This Verstappen kid is a real bad apple. A total stinker.

I wanted to post this earlier too, that's how worked up I was. I'm glad I didn't though, I wouldn't have slept well tonight with that on my conscience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

RIP F1 1950 - 2021