Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

There are a lot of stereotypes about gamers eating cheetos or doritos for five hours at a time, but I can't be the only one that doesn't want to get cheese dust all over my controllers.

In my opinion, a good gaming snack should be filling, easy to eat, and free of any liquids, dust, or residue that would leave a stain or require intense napkin use.

Personally, I've always favored peanut butter pretzels. They taste incredible, there's a great sweet/salty combination, and no mess.

I've also had good luck with more simple options, like cashews, cheese sticks, and grapes.

Really though, I started this thread because I wanted to get your feedback and see if there were some amazing options I'm missing out on. Imp Zone always has the best posts about games so I figured I could get similar advice snackwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don’t usually snack while I’m gaming but a good cup of coffee really hits the spot for weekend morning gaming.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mixed nuts is definitely my go to snack for any situation, be it gaming or otherwise

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

getting up during an unskippable cutscene to drink water straight from the tap

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

mixed nuts is definitely my go to snack for any situation, be it gaming or otherwise

yeah def, you can shimmy them without touching any. i have honey roasted macadamia nuts and another assorted tub of honey roasted pistachios/cashews/peanuts

when i'm tripping and playing games i become a chocolate fiend. i got a pound bag of white chocolate matcha lindors from Costco and it owns bones

otherwise i just have a growler of water and try not to eat snacks at my desk tbh

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEVtRp9ReU8

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i said mixed nuts, also known as assorted nuts, which makes this post embarrassing to anyone with a brain frankly r/c/p

heehee
Sep 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
peanut butter pretzels ftw

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I don’t usually snack while I’m gaming but a good cup of coffee really hits the spot for weekend morning gaming.

I get so incredibly jealous of all the coffee gaming posts, but my kitchen doesn't have a good place for a machine. Maybe when I move.

Do you have any machine recommendations?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I get so incredibly jealous of all the coffee gaming posts, but my kitchen doesn't have a good place for a machine. Maybe when I move.

We use this one, it lets you brew a full pot or a single cup using a little reusable filter basket. It works great :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EI7DPPI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WA1F8Q8ACPKBAR275PRK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

i said mixed nuts, also known as assorted nuts, which makes this post embarrassing to anyone with a brain frankly r/c/p

Sorry, what were the names of the men?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Sorry, what were the names of the men?

thank you

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Combine this with coffee-centric games like Peace Walker or Persona 5. It's the best

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

what about a stove-top, like a moka pot? i recently went back to it from a regular filter and it's the best kind of brew for gaming. just coffee and gaming is the way i usually go. like pablo said there's nothing like weekend morning gaming and coffee.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
grapes

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah my favorites are coffee and beer. playing a relaxing simulation game like banished with a big goblet of belgian trappist

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

constantly drinking iced tea while gaming

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
whilst gaming i occasionally enjoy eating a hwole bag of atomic fireballs

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

kettle + hario v60 ceramic pourover cone is a godly combo and takes up basically zero space, but its not a coffee machine. but still, good luck gamer

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
fondest and favorite gaming snack will always be pizza. so many years of epic splitscreen gaming sessions with buddies broken up by pizza breaks, nothing comes close

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
coffee

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

on lan parties we like to order chinese, usually around the same time we move from pc's to consoles for some light gaming during dinner

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The smoked strip steak I had while playing Monster Hunter all weekend was pretty loving epic

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I love the idea of eating & spitting sunflower seeds everywhere while playing competitive multiplayer, but it’s more of a funny fantasy than something I plan on doing

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

played several chapters of ff7r yesterday energized by coffee and a stroopwafel

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

kettle + hario v60 ceramic pourover cone is a godly combo and takes up basically zero space, but its not a coffee machine. but still, good luck gamer

I got this really nice bee house pourover thing and ended up putting my machine in a cupboard bc I stopped using it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

These are superior to Pringles imo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

These are superior to Pringles imo.
:hai:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

cant believe nobodys mentioned bananas yet

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

was eating Starburst with my gaming sessions until a particularly heated try at Out Run in which I chomped down on a fully wrapped strawberry one and immediately crashed, ruining both my gaming and snacking experiences.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Local place has this bin of random garbage affectionately labeled "Treasure Hunt" and I thought it was just like a temporary thing because someone ordered too much Halloween candy or something but 6 months later it's still there and I went poking around in it and found some decent sized bags of Welch's fruit snacks so that's been a go-to for me lately.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Vegan beef jerky

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

not much of a snacker anymore but goldfish and/or cheeze-itz are a great way to get your cheesy fix without the messy fingers

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Cheetos and Mountain Dew

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I consumed a lot of terrible stuff as a child but this stuff was beyond the pale. The Princess one was so bad I can still vividly remember the taste

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I ate half of a Costco rotisserie chicken while I first played Uncharted 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

most monster hunter launch weekends i make pulled pork in the slow cooker or a big pot of chili and eat it with my homies while we hunt. couldnt do that this time though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imo leftover chili is the best gaming food though, super fuckin tasty and lots of protein, and if you do it over rice you get enough carbs to keep you rolling. as far as actual snacks, trader joe's lime and chili peanuts are my faves, high protein and super tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've been drinking negronis lately. If I eat a snack it's usually toasted pita and hummus