Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
otherwise known as huh

All jokes aside I have now engaged in spring cleaning my own (rented) apartment in oh at least 3 years if not the first time ever in such earnest.
I hope I don't screw it up somehow

Goon lair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I rarely do regular cleaning much less Spring cleaning.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
someone recently told me that the state of someone's living areas reflects the state of their mind and I thought lmoa thats true

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I have like 10 diagnosed mental health illnesses so that checks out.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Buddy mental illness is okay.
However its that mental illness makes us blind to the mold in our shower and shower curtain that causes physical illness that you don't deserve/ can and are entitled to making better for yourself

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

thats Jeffrey Jimmy and Jerry (rip jerry) on the left a cactus, succulent and a little vine (rip), Pablo in the middle and unnamed on the right. The last plant survivors of a recent Plants VS Zombies situation

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
donated about 10 garbage bags of clothes and boxes of things I never use, felt good like an enema for the house

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
nice simile there friend probably accurately to if you have a keen sense of smell

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I'm literally writing a to-do list for my spring cleaning right now. I just got to page 2 :/

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My springs are clean!

Would you like to bounce?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
My favorite thing is throwing away or donating stuff. Family tries to stop me but if I secretly did it nobody would notice this stuff missing for years. The realization of how much stuff you've accumulated whenever you move is amazing. Gotta keep it in check.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Supreme Allah posted:

donated about 10 garbage bags of clothes and boxes of things I never use, felt good like an enema for the house

I really should go through my old clothes and donate them. I never throw any away so I have to jam my clothes into the drawers each time I do laundry. There's probably stuff on the bottom I haven't seen in 2 years.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's observing spring cleaning . I observe from a distance and eating lunch

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I already got on my hands and knees with a bigass mop harvesting dust bunnies from a hardwood floor under a bed I had to physically move a good foot or two to each after polishing the hell out of some hardwood floorboards, I am basically as clean as a whistle :whatup:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
holy smokes thats dedication. I'm thinking maybe building a hammock because bed mattresses are actually kinda gross and stuff*

*big and heavy, absorb heat in the summer, aren't necessary for people who sleep alone

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spring cleaned over the weekend. Donated a car load worth of poo poo. The house "feels" lighter. Still gotta do the garage at some point.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
eh i'll do spring cleaning next year

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I have been sidetracked by Loop Hero

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I used to live with clean people, it was nice.

I am not a clean person.

But I've been stabbing at it the last few weeks. The big one left is scrubbing my kitchen floor (textured flooring is dumb). And deciding what to do with the bigass crt I picked up in covid-related boredom that there's no good place in my living room for.

Having house shoes / slippers goes a long way to keeping your floors clean, I've learned.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im spring cleaning my dirty bong :2bong:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I just burn wherever I’m living down and start fresh each year. Like a phoenix

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I need to do a bunch of dishes but getting up hurts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I clean about once every two weeks regardless of season, as well as daily maintenance. My elderly dog is awful with the shedding, that makes up probably 80% of what needs to be cleaned.

I guess that whole 'spring cleaning' deal is just a remnant from when our primitive ancestor spent the whole winter locked up in the longhouse huddling around fires and dying from disease

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
If you don't clean your springs regularly, you'll have a harder time bouncing back

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I rotated my mattress the other day and vacuumed the crap out of it and ordered some nice new bed linens and some nice bath towels

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Play posted:

I clean about once every two weeks regardless of season, as well as daily maintenance. My elderly dog is awful with the shedding, that makes up probably 80% of what needs to be cleaned.

I guess that whole 'spring cleaning' deal is just a remnant from when our primitive ancestor spent the whole winter locked up in the longhouse huddling around fires and dying from disease

Spring Cleaning sounds really familiar.
Anyways I vacuumed the whole upstairs and reorganized my lair! I now have a "dresser"!

gently caress YESSSS

^Those are some professional looking photos of your sheets and bed!

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 29, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Did you make shields out of your old dresser?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Wait, do y'all only clean once a year during spring? What the gently caress? How? A messy and unclean house is loving torture for me. I usually tidy and clean every couple days, which sucks cause I'm the only person in the house that does. The idea of poo poo just piling up and going "eh I'll do it in Spring" is a little disturbing.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Sjs00 posted:

Spring Cleaning sounds really familiar.
Anyways I vacuumed the whole upstairs and reorganized my lair! I now have a "dresser"!

gently caress YESSSS

^Those are some professional looking photos of your sheets and bed!

Congrats on the yearly vacuuming.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

hakimashou posted:

I rotated my mattress the other day and vacuumed the crap out of it and ordered some nice new bed linens and some nice bath towels

You can’t fool me. Those are photos from a catalog.

Do they still make catalogs?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dear Watson posted:

You can’t fool me. Those are photos from a catalog.

Do they still make catalogs?

actually they are from the web sites

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
My spring cleaning list is mainly tuggin related so i can be in top form for the season change

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Derpies posted:

My spring cleaning list is mainly tuggin related so i can be in top form for the season change

So you give your cumsock its yearly wash?

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

syntaxfunction posted:

Wait, do y'all only clean once a year during spring? What the gently caress? How? A messy and unclean house is loving torture for me. I usually tidy and clean every couple days, which sucks cause I'm the only person in the house that does. The idea of poo poo just piling up and going "eh I'll do it in Spring" is a little disturbing.

I don't know how other people live but in my house it's more about decluttering and getting rid of poo poo we don't use. We try to make a better habit of it but things get a bit chaotic anyway if we let it.

There are also tasks that only need to be done a couple times a year like cleaning grout, paint touch ups etc.

I sincerely hope folks aren't saving routine cleaning for spring/fall but who knows with goons.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

hakimashou posted:

actually they are from the web sites

:aaaaa:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Sjs00 posted:

someone recently told me that the state of someone's living areas reflects the state of their mind and I thought lmoa thats true

that would explain why my bedroom is a loving shithole
like however bad you think my room is, it's worse

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
ive been doing some cleaning too, op. Im taking it one room at a time so that i don't get overwhelmed

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm waiting till next to donate my guitars I don't know how to play and are just taking up room. Looking to donate to a local school in the area but they're in spring break right now

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

So you give your cumsock its yearly wash?

Nah I just change the carpet, it gets fuzzy post winter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I got so much poo poo I gotta out up for sale (or trash) since moving into my house - a remote controlled ceiling fan that looks older than poo poo, a big rear end portable dishwasher, some busted rear end chairs

We do our best to keep the clutter down and poo poo clean but with a two month old uh yeah it ain't always squeaky clean and won't be for the rest of time