Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Most troubling is that she doesn't seem to regard Kim Kitsurugee's advice or esteem very highly. :mad:

while painful i think it's good that a teen doesn't listen to cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Cuno is 12

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Here's an update from the LP I'm running with my buddies:

1 Intellect, 6 Psyche, 1 Physique, 4 Motorics

We are a Sorry Cop who has (so far) kept sober, although we have decided we might exclusively use psychedelics. We're also leaning into our strengths and utterly neglecting our many, many deficiencies with all of our gear. The only exception to that was to put one point into Endurance after we died kicking a dumpster.

Our boy is interested in the paranormal, and we're increasingly playing Harry as a gullible savant. He's got super low intellect so he is bad at discerning information, but he's a whiz at using what he gets, or just intuiting things. I would describe him as an "aspiring psychic detective" in every way that connotes.

Speaking of being gullible, we just picked a political path after spending most of day one being pretty apolitical. Our boy is an Ultraliberal. LINE. GO. UP. Diamond hands and all that.

I'm pretty excited about this development, as I haven't seen or read the Ultra vision quest stuff. :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If the starting-the-game advice is at all still relevant, I'd point out that the left/right arrow keys are what you use to use healing items when you're about to die. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. And I saw somebody saying you right-click to highlight interactable elements in the environment; I thought that was tab? It's been a while. Whatever it is, that mechanism also took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ulvir posted:

there’s also the part where, if you discover your case folder, it becomes clear that HdB is at root actually pretty drat good at his job, he’s just tremendously messed up.

I love how one option is to immediately recognise the very likely reality that he burnt himself the gently caress out doing that. But yeah, Visual Calculus alone makes it clear that he's a downright savant in that area at least, and the rest of his skills are implied to be basically remembering and developing poo poo he already knows how to do.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

ulvir posted:

there’s also the part where, if you discover your case folder, it becomes clear that HdB is at root actually pretty drat good at his job, he’s just tremendously messed up.

Crippling that flasher was perhaps not an *ideal* bit of police work, but it was effective

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

sebzilla posted:

Crippling that flasher was perhaps not an *ideal* bit of police work, but it was effective

Also one of the proofs that HdB was never a good man.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

all cops are bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Especially Kim Kitsuragi.